Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥~Romagi's Sims 3 Creations~♥♥~Bahama Breeze~♥♥

Comments

• romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Hi @BreeMiles! So nice to see you! :) Going to head in game here in a bit and check out your cabin! Did you do a sim too?

@jonluke32, Hi! I've a WIP if you'd like to see the colors. Don't be looking if you don't want to see WIPS! :p You can see the original house and part of the huge addition they added to the back. I can't get a clear enough pic to tell for sure if it's siding or stucco so I haven't decided which way to go yet. But you can tell it is a white or off white. From the teaser thing I watched the door there goes to the kitchen.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Wow @romagi1, your WIP of that house looks amazing so far. You replicated the outside really well, and it looks beautiful!
  • jonluke32jonluke32 Posts: 98 Member
    What is a WIP? Does the P stand for Preview cuz that's what I gather that you mean.

Oh, by the way I don't think I told you but I do have all the towns on My Page
    Also, I've been downloading a bunch of .packages from Mod the Sims, but I think that at least one may be reacting badly with the game cuz now I can't Save without the game freezing. Anyone know what Error Code 12 is?
    I've also downloaded other Worlds and stuff from the Exchange on this site...I know that the smart play is to download one thing at a time and make sure it works with the game before adding new content. I was just so excited when I found it I forgot
    Actually, I was able to download Ambitions after talking to EA Support
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @jonluke32, just chiming in, WIP stands for "Work in Progress". :)
    jonluke32 wrote: »
    What is a WIP? Does the P stand for Preview cuz that's what I gather that you mean.

Oh, by the way I don't think I told you but I do have all the towns on My Page

@jonluke32, Oh Yeah! There are several things from some of the Worlds I would like to use!

@Sandraelle, Thanks so much for chiming in about what a WIP is!
    Also, I've been downloading a bunch of .packages from Mod the Sims, but I think that at least one may be reacting badly with the game cuz now I can't Save without the game freezing. Anyone know what Error Code 12 is?

I have had the error 12 before, it's been a while but I think it's when you've played long enough that you don't have enough RAM to save. Which is why I use the Dashboard to clean my game after each play. It will clean your games caches and it will help check your game for problems with CC.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
    Actually, I was able to download Ambitions after talking to EA Support

Another Yeah! LOL Will you be wanting Laundry now?

>
    >
    > Another Yeah! LOL Will you be wanting Laundry now?

Laundry??
    @romagi1 I liked the house, but I feel like there is more to the front-I will watch the show for signs of this and report back
    Funny you should say that cuz I'm surrounded by my laundry now-both dirty and clean hehe
    Also I have a Mac and I believe that the Dasboard is PC only. It looks and sounds good but I can't use it
    edited January 2018
    >
    >
    > Another Yeah! LOL Will you be wanting Laundry now?

Laundry??

@jonluke32, Ambitions adds Laundry to the game play. You can have a washer and dryer so when the sims spin to change outfits it causes a pile of clothes. You can put hampers in each of the rooms so the clothes spin into them instead of just landing on the floor. The only bathroom I might have a problem fitting the hamper in is the Grandpa's.
    @romagi1 I liked the house, but I feel like there is more to the front-I will watch the show for signs of this and report back

Thanks! Any help you can give me is appreciated since I don't know the show. :) Also, since this is a work in progress, I haven't worked alot on the landscaping yet.
    Also I have a Mac and I believe that the Dasboard is PC only. It looks and sounds good but I can't use it

Rats! I really like the Dashboard but you can still clear your caches manually.
    I will continue to watch for scenes of the driveway but every if you don't get look for The Good Witch on Google/Youtube because there are so many scenes where the house interior is displayed and you probably could get a lot of what you need for seeing even a few clips of the show
    hmm...even though I didn't have Ambitions I still had laundry in my houses
    But not Laundromats which I was given the option to place today
    @jonluke32, yes, if you had a laundry set from the store you would have had the ability to do laundry at home also. OK, I'll find a place for the washer and dryer and place some hampers around. Thanks!

What's confusing me is that I am finding pics of the real house interior and side yard and also pics of the show house interior and what they are using for the side yard. It looks like they shoot the front shots at the actually home so that should be the same.

So are you wanting to see WIPS? (work in progress)
    If there is a question of which interiors to use, I''d prefer to use the show for the objects and as much of the house as possible but I do know that shows don't shot most interior scenes with a completed room so take anything you need from the real house to make it work.

Yes, I'd like to see a WIP if you have one that you want to show me but I can just as well wait for the finished one. My mom is a Graphic Designer and dad an Architect so I know that an artist can't be rushed and a truly great work of art is worth the wait :p :p
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    No, Rox dear no sim! I'm not much on making sims these days, only joined the contest for fun and really didn't think I would have an entry as my month blew up with sickness and real life! I was just happy to get the cabin in!
    edited January 2018
    @BreeMiles, less competition for my sim! mwahahaha! :D But, really I hope everyone is feeling better!

@jonluke32, I have some WIPS of the 2 rooms I can see the most of and and a aerial from google maps as to what I know of the front and side yards. Also, you mentioned garden on your request, are you meaning a flower garden or a veggie garden? I did put some SN and a few UNI plants in the conservatory. Have a look and see if I'm on the right track.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
    @romagi1 Those pictures look good! :) :) I have been re-watching The Good Witch and really think that it wouuld be beneficial to watch more of the show....it's really uplifting and positive-or at least it is really fun to watch how everything always works out that way. You might even like it and you will certainly have an easier time getting the picturisque imargy of the design than from me-being that most artists are visual people, seeing yourself is definitely the best route to go for this one.

And there is a lot of material to see-the series is based on a movie from 2008 and there has been one I think every year in between. I did note one thing: there is a Gas Light (I don't know if I've got that right) Candle on the show. A small one in a portable candle holder
    There is no driveway on the side of the house, only the front and back by the garage, which has a stair against the far wall going in the back door and also spiral rock stairs going from the Garage door to around the back of it to the house-I don't know off what room tho. The door from the house that goes to the side of the house open on to a patio with a big tree and a clear glass tabe with black arched feet. There is a stone path that leads from that table, down a step and into a small garden
    Actually, I just wacthed a scene where is shows the driveway heading around the side, but if it does connect it goes on the other side of the garden
    edited January 2018
    Hi @jonluke32, I'm sure I would love the show and I have watched every movie I can find of it on youtube and any season teasers I can find but I just don't have the ability to get the channel it is on.

I think I saw the patio you are describing in the last one I watched, but I watched one about the garden hoping to see more of it and it really never pulls back to let you see the garden. Just shows people walking on paths and raking leaves, it's focused more on the people than the garden (background). In that one it does show the drive going all the way around but I think it's really narrow kind of half drive half walkway. But again they never pull back so you can get a good look.

I'm thinking the house faces the street but the drive comes in from the side. Do you want the drive entry on the side or in the front?

From their guest artist that paints the future I can tell there is an art easel by the door into the hall and the chairs and bookcases beside the fireplace but they have moved things out of the way to put the ladder up to change the lightbulb. I thought maybe a chess table would be good there? Some pics show a couple of chairs by the front window and some a settee, which is it in the show? Also not sure whats in the other corner so I put a desk. Do you know what goes there?

patio, study and conservatory.

WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
    Post edited by romagi1 on
    Sorry, what room are you talking about? Also who was that sim is the picture of the Conservatory?