Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Chateau de Bellevue by Petalbot

petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi everyone! I hope your doing well an gearing up for a great holiday season. A grand chateau is the latest build that I have to share. I've been wanting to build this home ever since the Place of Versailles set was released in the store...I finally got around to it. The home is built on 80 Desdamona Drive, Monte Vista (the Modena lot)and is decorated in Parisian/contemporary Baroque style. It features 3 beds, 4 baths, a living room, family room, dining room, bar room, study & laundry room. Sims will also enjoy an art studio, music room, orangerie & pool. The home is playtested and contains NO CC or CAP. I hope you like it! :)

Chateaucover.png

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7842554

front.png

frontenter.png

mainenter.png

foyer.png

living.png

dining.png

bar1.png

bar2.png

study.png

kitchen1.png

kitchen2.png

breakfast.png

gbed1.png

gbed2.png

upfoyer.png

upfoyer2.png

hall.png

family1.png

family2.png

cbed.png

music.png

art1.png

art2.png

mbed.png

mbed3.png

mbed2.png

mbath1.png

mbath2.png

backview.png

backenter.png

orangerie.png

orangerie2.png

pool.png

backyard.png

front2.png

night.png

playtested.png

Thanks for taking the tour! I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7842554

EPs/SPs and Complete Store List

Most important EPs/SPs: Ambitions, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, World Adventures, Supernatural & Outdoor Living Stuff

Minor EPs/SPs:
-Into the Future=Holly trees
-Seasons= flower picture
-Generations= Shelf; Frilly Framed Picture; vase of flowers
-University= Painting tarps; paint brush can.
-Town Life Stuff= Foliobit 791a laptop computer

Store (note the exchange has one item wrong- the curtains from the Storybook set were not used. Only the Morris curtain was used. The exchange also doesn't include items from worlds or the Greenhouse:

Monte Vista world: Lucia’s arch; Alessandro’s double doors; The Bravo Bistro dining chair

Palace of Versailles: Fin end table; Quelle Heure Clock; Candle Makers Delight wall sconce; Already Baroque table; Versailles Mirror; Fit for a King Seat; Antiquated Correspondence Desk; Renaissance bookshelf; Palace Doors; Advisor to the King chess table

Storybook: Once Upon a Glowy Glow Glowlamp ceiling light; Romantique Chaise Chair; Superlative Sofa; Divine Divan; Romantique Overstuffed Armchair; Brass Candelabrum; Octagonal End Table

Regal Living: Victorian Double Window; Window of all Knowing window; Estate Fence; Victorious Coffee Table; Eleanor Chaise Lounge chair; Morris Curtain; Victorian Kerosene wall lamp; Mirror of truth

Provence: Chair Al Fresco; Surface Al Fresco table; Rustic Loaf Box; Rustic Hanging Basket; Foyer Frills table; Moelleux Living Chair; Pastoral Reflections Mirror

Stones Throw Greenhouse
: Glass pieces and windows
Glitter & Glam Bedroom: Lovely Luminosity table lamp; Love to love you love lounge loveseat.
Romanza Ceremony + Reception: Bridal Bouquet; Wall flower; Flower tower
Jazz Age Living Room: Real McCoy Barstool; He’s a Live Wire Radio
Zen Again: Spa Necessities bench; Reach for the Heavens Table Blossoms
Farm Fresh Folk Set: George and Harriet wall picture; They Don’t Builde ‘em Like They Used to End Table
Haute Hacienda Dining Room: Cantina Candelabra
Asian Fusion: Potten Bamboo Glory
Edwardian Kitchen: Lush Bloom Lily Vase
Love, Love, Laugh: Fresh from the Garden Bouquet
Mediterranean Life Kitchen: Vineyard Vittles Shelf
Once Upon a Time cottage: Porridge Prep Wall Shelf
Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style: Plant Pocket
Hacienda Luxury: Pedro Estate Arch II
The Sims Celebrations (free set under Holidays & Gifts): Beautiful Forrest by Pigula Photography
Contemporary Comfort Bedroom: Berkeley Hope Chest
Bayside Laundry: Bayside Hamper
Old Town Starter Kit: Bayou Shutters
Midnight Hollow world: Funhouse Roof Décor (I don’t usually like to combine content from different worlds since it is exclusive, but in this case I made an exception. This item was a finishing detail for this home. Not having Midnight Hollow will not impact the look of the home; it was just to give the fencing on the roof a little more impact).

sigg.gif

Post edited by petalbot on

Comments

• Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited December 2013
    OMG I am in love with this mansion! Hi Petalbot just wow :shock: it is simply stunning, you did a marvelous job!! off to rec! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2013
    Chateau de Bellevue is a very grand home! :) It looks so very nice! Great exterior of it! It is very elegant both in the exterior and the interior! It looks very nice how you have done the front steps and outdoors front entrance area. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The wall paneling andpatterns you have used in the rooms/areas are very nice. The shades of colours you have used through the home are very elegant. The vase s of flowers either side of the inside front door of the home and on the table between the stairs in the foyer are very nice for sims to see as they enter in through the front door. The 2 flights of stairs, and the way you have recoloured the railings gold look very grand and nice! Nice floor pattern in the foyer. Very nice living room. The arm chairs sofas look very comfortable to sit and relax on. The mirrors behind the sofa and the floral picture on the wall looks nice. Very nice dining room! Sims will enjoy eating their meals in a very nicely furnished room. The scenic picture on the wall would be nice for sims to see when eating there. The candle lights and flowers on the dining table look nice. It looks nice how you have done the curtains there and all through the home . The clock on the fireplace is a nice touch. Nice type of dining seats you have placed there and the floor mat is nice. Very nice bar room. It looks great how you have used the pillars and arch there. Nice to have the bar near the window for sims to have a drink there and enjoy the sunlight coming in as well as looking outdoors. Very nice ceiling lights that you have used through the home. Sims will enjoy studying and reading a book from the bookcase at the desk in the study library on the elegant desk chair. Very nice recolouring of the furnishings in all the rooms. Very nice design of the kitchen. The eat in bar counter looks great. It looks very nice how you have done the alcove area above the stoves. It looks great how you have done the nectar rack alcove! Very nice window breakfast nook to enjoy eating a meal with the sunlight coming in on them, and to enjoy seeing the misty windows in Wintertime . The seats you have used there look nice and suit a breakfast nook. The nearby flowers are nice for sims to see when eating. The guest bedroom is nice. It looks nice that you have the curtained windows either side of the back of the bed, and the scenic picture on the wall behind the bed. Very nice fireplace area. The patterned wall behind the fireplace , the small pot plants either end of the ledge with the vase of flowers in the middle, the portraits at different levels and the candle lights on the wall all look nice together creating a nice sight for sims to see when laying in bed or sitting on the nearby seat warming up. The sculptures in the upper foyer area look great. Great way you have used arches throughout the home. Very nice family room. Nice comfortable armchairs for the family of sims to gather together and sit, relax, chat and watch the tv. Great way you have angled the armchairs around the tv. Sims will have fun playing chess there and building up their logic skill at the same time. The dome mirror above the fireplace looks nice. The teddies sitting back to back in the childrens bedroom look cute! It is great that you have placed a rocking chair for parent sims to sit and watch their child sims whilst they are asleep. Nice recolouring of the grand piano. Nice music room for sims to enjoy playing the musical instruments or sitting on the sofa and relax whilst the music is being played. It looks very nice how you have done the painting easel corner in the art studio. The sim done paintings on the walls look great . Very nice furnishing of the master bedroom. Nice sitting areas there. Sims will enjoy relaxing on an arcmchair near the dresser or beside the fireplace. It looks very nice how you have done the sink/tables/pillars area in the master bathroom. Very nice back area of the build! The water fountain, and the way you have done the flowers and used the hedge fencing look very nice. Very nice orangerie! It would be a lovely place to sit on the seats there and enjoy the sunlight. It looks great how you have created the table there. The pool area is very nice. The way you have done the flowers and placed the sculptures there look very nice and make it a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the loungers poolside in nice surroundings.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    GRemedyGRemedy Posts: 61
    edited December 2013
    Wow ^^^what she said and a whole lot more compliments lol :shock: It's so... exquisite, beautiful, perfect!
  • Options
    AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    Breathtakingly stunning. :)
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh my, such a stunning mansion :shock:
    The landscape is absolutely gorgeous and roof shape is beautiful. white and gold interiors are wonderful too. I really love the bed room and that wine cellar looks amazing. Left you a big rec!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow, I agree with everyone else, this home is amazing! You have done a terrific job and the house is stunning. DRF from me!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautiful. Stunning. Gorgeous. And much much more! Rec'd.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is Beautiful! A work of Art for sure! :D Brilliant idea for the wine storage! DRF for sure! :mrgreen:

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited December 2013
    OMG I am in love with this mansion! Hi Petalbot just wow :shock: it is simply stunning, you did a marvelous job!! off to rec! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was just about to type almost these exact words. Christine, you took them out of my mouth!

All I can say now is, DITTO!!

MegaWowza, Petalbot!

EDIT: Okay, another review of the comments so far shows that we have:

grand
    elegant
    exquisite
    beautiful
    perfect
    breathtaking
    stunning
    amazing
    wonderful
    gorgeous, and
    brilliant

These are all so very true, but IMO this build is so incredible as to transcend the superlatives. I can only repeat, "I am in love!" :mrgreen:
  • Options
    violagattiviolagatti Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited December 2013
    OMG :shock: It's great!!!!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Petal
    Gorgeous! your builds are always something to behold. The decor with its soft colours is elegant and so beautifully furnished. I love the ceiling using the tile from CAS wonderful idea I could never get the pressed metal ceiling light enough. :D :thumbup:
    The pool area is simply divine and runs seamlessly to the rest of the landscaping.
    Rec'd and favoured. :D:D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow!! Absolutely stunning, beautiful, elegant and all around beautiful build! The color scheme is gorgeous, I love it! Leaving a well deserved rec!
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    hello! your Chateau is totally splendid! The details... oh my gosh...EPIC! I love the wine racks, the juice bar area, the entrance, too much to explain on here. Well done!!!

Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi! *waves awkwardly*
    Chateau de Bellevue is beautiful! :D I love the authentic look it has, as well as the wonderful relaxing colours you used! :mrgreen: I love the pool too!

Rec'd! :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2013
    Amazing build! Downloaded and recommended!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The store list is now posted. I really appreciate all of the comments! I'll be back tomorrow to catch up a bit.

Here's a little Holiday card I made for you all: A wintery night in Moonlight Falls.

holidaycard1.png"width640"
    sigg.gif

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Petal! :D

Chateau de Bellevue is absolutely stunning! It looks perfect and so authentic! Every room is beautifully decorated and the landscaping is gorgeous! Rec'd, Fav'd and Downloaded! Amazing work sweetie! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    WOWZA Petal! :shock: :shock: What a droolworthy build! :D Stunning architecture and gorgeous interiors. Love your builds. Such an inspiration for me. Recommended and added to my favourites. Hope you get a feature. You certainly deserve it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Christine, Thank you so much. I'm very happy that you like it! :)

Hi Rose, Thank you for your wonderful comments. I love reading posts. You are the sweetest person around here. :)

Hi Gremedy, Thanks! :-)

Hi asmodeuseswife Thank you!
    sigg.gif

• Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited December 2013
    Absolutely Stunning, Petalbot :!:

I rec'd and fav'd!
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Saitouamy! Thank you so much for the rec. Glad you like the roof. The roofing looks simple, but was actually quite complex. Your builds are also really beautiful by the way. :)

Hi HappySimmr3! Wow! Thank you for the DRF! That's very sweet of you. :)

Hi Walkingstick! Long time no see. Thank you so much for the Rec! Looking forward to more of your gorgeous builds. :)

Hi romagi! It's good to see you. Thank you so much for the DRF! I saw your Cascade Island build go up on the exchange yesterday. Well done!

Hi samiam662 I really enjoy reading your posts around the forums. :D Thank you so much!
    sigg.gif

• Options
    TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited December 2013
    That is absolutely beautiful and splendidly stunning. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    What a masterpiece!! The soothing, luxurious palate, the elegant curves, the subtle combinations of patterns, the dramatic stairway and fireplaces, the ingeniously MOOed structures, the jaw-droppingly grand and beautiful facade, the stunning views, the perfect symmetry of the gardens...I'm in love :P
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is absolutely stunning!

I left you a rec for an AMAZING work of creativity!

Not sure if it'll work very well in my game since I don't own a lot of the items, but I favourited it so I can easily find it again, because I'll try to download it at some stage later on anyway :) Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? :)