Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Team, can we have mannequins for clothing shops (in a classic style?)

Good Day everyone! I have ITF and was under the impression that the clothing displays could display any clothing from CAS. Unfortunately I found them limited to just futuristic clothes and even at that was not able to select from CAS which clothes would be displayed :(.
I was building a bridal shop and hoping to display some gowns. So, since this is clearly lacking I am requesting store mannequins which we can use in game in our shops. I would like to be able to dress the mannequins with items from CAS. I don't care if they work the same way as the ITF mannequins, in fact if they could be used with the sellers savvy rugs that would be fine with me but I do think the store team could make us something fairly simple that would function without an EP.
If I am mistaken about the ITF mannequines please someone correct me so that i can complete my bridal shop.

As it is, there are simple mannequins and a salon station in the shop. I'm uploading it to my studio in a bit if anyone wants to see what I'm getting at.
Thanks!
Oh, and if you agree and would like mannequins to display CAS clothing, such as wedding gowns please sign and say you agree! Thanks!

Comments

• KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited December 2013
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7842116

Here is my bridal shop...it desperately needs to display wedding gowns!!!
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh yes please, EA!

We DO have a mannequin from AMB and SN, but they're both short form-fitting dresses, not flaring beautiful gowns or even decorative hat stands and shoe racks! :(

So far those are only found on CC sites like Sims 3 Lulamai and Sims3D, Cashcraft & Jomsims and I think BuffySummers too at TSR (and several other creators), and Ladesire's Blog, etc.
    edited December 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Oh yes please, EA!

We DO have a mannequin from AMB and SN, but they're both short form-fitting dresses, not flaring beautiful gowns or even decorative hat stands and shoe racks! :(

So far those are only found on CC sites like Sims 3 Lulamai and Sims3D, Cashcraft & Jomsims and I think BuffySummers too at TSR (and several other creators), and Ladesire's Blog, etc.

Thanks Murfeel. I will have to check those out but I much prefer something official, so we can share. I do think they could at least patch the ITF mannequins to be able to wear something other than those horrendous futuristic clothes!
  • wannie00wannie00 Posts: 155 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yes please!! A classic mannequin would be awesome!
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi KarilynMonroe2,

You should be able to set the outfits using all CAS clothing for each mannequin. You have to use a cheat for it:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719837.page#11446263

The only thing (I think) you cannot change is the hairstyle/makeup. Let me know how it works out! :)
    edited December 2013
    Hi KarilynMonroe2,

You should be able to set the outfits using all CAS clothing for each mannequin. You have to use a cheat for it:

The only thing (I think) you cannot change is the hairstyle/makeup. Let me know how it works out! :)

I've just been looking around and it seems that my sim must own the store for me to make the changes I want..darn it. Same thing with my resort...can't seem to open a resort unless your sim owns it...I just want my sims to shop there and stay there, not own the darn lots all of the time!
    (Thanks btw...I will go check out that link now...i always speak too soon!) Hugs!
    edited December 2013
    Hi KarilynMonroe2,

I've just been looking around and it seems that my sim must own the store for me to make the changes I want..darn it. Same thing with my resort...can't seem to open a resort unless your sim owns it...I just want my sims to shop there and stay there, not own the darn lots all of the time!
    (Thanks btw...I will go check out that link now...i always speak too soon!) Hugs!

Can you make a super rich dummy sim who lives somewhere on the world and owns EVERYTHING and who you use to make changes, and then switch households with the family you DO own and have them do the shopping?
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited December 2013
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7842116

Here is my bridal shop...it desperately needs to display wedding gowns!!!

Karilyn, I don't know if you use CC from other sites, but Sandy at ATS made some really lovely mannequins specifically for bridal shops: http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_27.shtml
  • chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yes, Please!! and some recolorable shop signs. :D
    edited December 2013
    Wow..okay you know how slow CAS can be. I had my sim buy the shop and then I set each mannequin with appropriate clothes in every category ( formalwear, swimwear, sleepwear etc) I did two mannequins all in bridal or honeymoon appropriate attire. I used the cheat also to set both to female.

screenshot_original.jpg
    I was not surprised when male sims came to the shop and the mannequins changed to male but I was surprised when female sime came to the shop and changed the outfits to futureistic outfits again...because I had changed all of them in CAS.

What to do?
    Then a meteor hit my shop and ruined the whole thing...then my game crashed!

screenshot_original.jpg

We need a patch for those mannequins so our preset outfits will stay on them and townies can only shop for the clothes we select. I thought that was the whole point?

And I've never had a meteor strike before...LOL not my day I guess!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    Guys, you can get them with ambitions! Problem is you can't dress them. it'd be cool if you could style an outfit and then PLACE IT on the thing, I agree :)
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2013
    I was not surprised when male sims came to the shop and the mannequins changed to male but I was surprised when female sime came to the shop and changed the outfits to futureistic outfits again...because I had changed all of them in CAS.

What to do?

What was the age of the female that changed the mannequin back? The base does ask you to do outfits for both Young Adult and Adults, treating both as separate CAS... uhm, "folders" (for lack of a better description). If all you did was change the YA settings to the bridal dresses and the Sim that came in was at the Adult age, that's why. You need to change ALL the settings for every age group.

This is what a lot of Builders of clothing shops hate the most about those pedestals.
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited December 2013
    Since the clothing pedestals are already in the coding, I hope the store team can give us a clothing pedestal with a regular hairstyle that defaults to regular clothing options. I also hope the last patch for the EP makes the necessary changes to make this object more user friendly.

The reason your Sim has to own the store that the Sims use the pedestals to change with is because it is tied into a legacy statue. I don't think this requirement will be changed.

I also like the story about how your shop was ruined. It was an interesting and funny read. I laughed so hard when I thought about how many brides had their weddings ruined.
  • moomoneySLmoomoneySL Posts: 93 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! That was quite a story twist to what I thought would be a simple item request thread. I laughed out loud when I saw the wreckage. I've never seen a meteor strike before. I'm sorry that happened to you.
    edited December 2013

What was the age of the female that changed the mannequin back? The base does ask you to do outfits for both Young Adult and Adults, treating both as separate CAS... uhm, "folders" (for lack of a better description). If all you did was change the YA settings to the bridal dresses and the Sim that came in was at the Adult age, that's why. You need to change ALL the settings for every age group.

This is what a lot of Builders of clothing shops hate the most about those pedestals.

Thanks for that, i did not know that! I had set them to young adult. I will have to spend twice the time in CAS now I guess...but I'm glad to know! Do you think I need to do both genders and all ages?
    edited December 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    Guys, you can get them with ambitions! Problem is you can't dress them. it'd be cool if you could style an outfit and then PLACE IT on the thing, I agree :)

Yes, we have 2 dress forms, like what seamstresses use, but what would be nice are full body mannequins, like what we have from ITF but more classic in style. I am learning to use the ITF mannequins and they are not very user friendly but I guess they will do. It could be nice to also be able to change the hairstyles and have a bit more control over changes.
    I like the 2 dress forms that we have, they are a nice decor item but it would also be nice if there was one for long dresses.
    Maybe if we get a sewing PC item that would be included? I would love it if there was a sewing machine and our sims could make clothes.
    edited December 2013
    moomoneySL wrote:
    Wow! That was quite a story twist to what I thought would be a simple item request thread. I laughed out loud when I saw the wreckage. I've never seen a meteor strike before. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I know, right? I did not expect it to turn into a story but the whole thing was so bizarre I had to share.

The next thing that happened after the meteor strike is my sim went home to her houseboat, and Emit Relevart was in her bedroom...and he was a ghost! Maybe the meteor killed him? I have no idea...sometimes this game just takes over and there is nothing you can do!

screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for that, i did not know that! I had set them to young adult. I will have to spend twice the time in CAS now I guess...but I'm glad to know! Do you think I need to do both genders and all ages?

I messed around with those once in preparation of making a new Salon, and yes.

You have to set outfits for all ages Child to Elder for both genders. You'll have to set every outfit type for those settings from Everyday to Sleepwear to Outerwear if you have Seasons.

Oh, and if you use the Eyedropper tool to clone it? Guess what? The game doesn't clone the settings either and treats it as a new, different pedestal.
    edited December 2013
    What to do?
    Then a meteor hit my shop and ruined the whole thing...then my game crashed!

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

:shock:
    OH MY GOODNESS EA
    The next thing that happened after the meteor strike is my sim went home to her houseboat, and Emit Relevart was in her bedroom...and he was a ghost! Maybe the meteor killed him? I have no idea...sometimes this game just takes over and there is nothing you can do!

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

:lol: *on the floor DYING* :lol:
    edited December 2013
    Turns out that is his hologram. She got some award for being a trendsetter...LOL

Stupid shop was only open one day and sims kept buying futuristic clothes before I could reset all the mannequins, which is a huge pain and takes HOURS of real time!

Why is it so ridiculously easy to get the trendsetter achievement and so hard to set up the mannequins, EA???

I finally have them all set...and used the barrier to entry doors to keep out sim's who's clothes I don't want displayed. What a pain in the kaboose!
    edited December 2013
    We need regular mannequins for regular clothes that we can lock the outfits on! Please!
    Maybe a mod? Plus it would be nice to be able to share without losing the settings...sigh.
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'd vote yes for this. :)
    Oh gee whiz, I'm fooling with these plum mannequins again and in my google search came across this old thread of mine. I'm hysterical. Memory Lane...LOL. Never did get this issue solved but I'm a little wiser now.