Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Santa's Lost Village - present for some special ladies!

Kyhber squinted her eyes - was that? It must be...But how?

Screenshot-21_zpsdb55dac8.jpg"width=640"

"Welcome, welcome my friend" the Captain said as she jumped off her skates. "I'm thrilled you made it here, I don't get that many visitors you see and it can be lonely with only a couple of ghosts as company."

Khyber was a bit overwhelmed by the Captains hearty greeting but managed to ask "But what is this place? It can't be.... can it?"

"Sure it is!" the Captain exclaimed, "You have found Santa's Lost Village, to most sims an urban legend but to those in the know like you and me - it's a magical place, at least around the holidays. After the sad, sad occasion the elves asked me to make sure it's true origins were hidden so now all sims see is a place where they can enjoy themselves with their families. Do you want a tour?"

Kyhber was getting chilled so there was only one way to answer that. Of course she wanted to see!

Screenshot-22_zps7ead56c9.jpg"width=640"

"Let's have some fun first" said the Captain and challenged Kyhber to a snowball fight.

Screenshot-23_zps030bd245.jpg"width=640"

All that ice and snow (not to mention that snowball that caught her off guard) made Khyber very happy to warm up in front of the fire once the Captain decided it was time to go inside.

Screenshot-25_zps2808c4c6.jpg"width=640"

"Enough lazing around" said the Captain, "time to have some fun!"

Screenshot-26_zps78153bfd.jpg"width=640"
Screenshot-28_zps0d4b9c95.jpg"width=640"
Screenshot-27_zpsfdf985e2.jpg"width=640"
Screenshot-33_zps15221bd2.jpg"width=640"
Screenshot-38_zps5d6c9bc6.jpg"width=640"

"As you can see even the small ones will have fun if they come here" the Captain said taking a seat. "But now we need some sustenace if we are going to have energy enough to see what is left..."

Screenshot-32_zps20121ed5.jpg"width=640"
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited December 2013
    Kyhber changed into her formal wear as the chef got busy in the kitchen.

Screenshot-29_zpsfc558ec4.jpg"width=640"

The lobster was amazing and the silver glistened in the dining hall.

Screenshot-31_zps7c0faf06.jpg"width=640"

After dinner Kyhber went down to the lodge to read up on the history of the Village. The Captain tried to relax, but pirates are notoriously restless.

Screenshot-18_zpsdfd128eb.jpg"width=640"

Barely a minute later she was over by the fireplace poking the embers.

Screenshot-19_zps62780fac.jpg"width=640"

"Looks like we will have more snow" Kyhber said worriedly "What if I can't get home tonight?"
    "No worries" said the Captain "I know just the thing to revitalize you"

Screenshot-20_zps3ab7d590.jpg"width=640"

Suggesting they have dessert in the greenhouse the Captain was hard at work trying to choose what cake to eat when she heard a strange noise. It looked like Kyhber was a bit overwhelmed with the tour, or maybe she was just taking a powernap?

Screenshot-40_zps9a186a97.jpg"width=640"

What ever she did, it left more cake for the Captain as she sat reminiscing of the places she had visited, places where the plants in this greenhouse grew in the wild.

Screenshot-41_zpsb4e1c17c.jpg"width=640"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited December 2013
    After Kyhber woke from her nap they went to the elfs' former workshop. The Captain showed how to use the machinery.

Screenshot-42_zpsa3e41def.jpg"width=640"

While Kyhber looked at all the amazing toys the elfs knew how to make.

Screenshot-44_zps48a6227c.jpg"width=640"

Then it was time to check out the presents a grown sim could wish for.

Screenshot-46_zps5c6e781a.jpg"width=640"

Kyber was amazed at the variety - there was something for everyone, no wonder Santa always knew what to get a sim!

Screenshot-47_zps66efcd8b.jpg"width=640"

Comic books for the captain...

Screenshot-48_zps83ac3aaf.jpg"width=640"

...some Valerianroot for Kyhber...

Screenshot-50_zps9e2fa618.jpg"width=640"

...and some nice gifts for all their friends...

Screenshot-49_zpseaa6d9c0.jpg"width=640"

Once all their shopping was done the fun began! The Captain and Kyhber really shook their ***** on the dance floor.

Screenshot-56_zps836d3d41.jpg"width=640"

But when you are dancing you get thirsty, so off they went to taste some nectar in the basement.

Screenshot-6_zps9ba346ad.jpg"width=640"

They also had some wonderful relics in the nectar cellar, the Captain was sorely tempted...

Screenshot-5_zps8c8119da.jpg"width=640"

Kyhber got her something from the merchant, as a gift for being able to resist.

Screenshot-17_zps683244b6.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited December 2013
    The Captain then suggested they relax for a while.

Screenshot_zpsd8f0d4fa.jpg"width=640"

The Captain worked off some of her excess energy before...

Screenshot-2_zpsa753fe97.jpg"width=640"

...they went skinny dipping!

Screenshot-3_zps74d02591.jpg"width=640"

Kyhber hadn't felt as relaxed in a long time.

Screenshot-4_zps1aed1d8a.jpg"width=640"

"Time for some games!" cried the Captain "I challenge you!"

Screenshot-8_zps2701b640.jpg"width=640"

"I can't believe you trounced me!"

Screenshot-9_zps412f957a.jpg"width=640"

The Captain was a bit disgruntled with her loss and needed some sugar to lighten her mood.

Screenshot-10_zpse8e9a3a6.jpg"width=640"

Kyhber also offered her a rematch - this time in bowling, so that she could defend her pride.

Screenshot-11_zpsd398af30.jpg"width=640"

This game didn't go the way the Captain wanted either, and she was pouting when Kyhber sat down and pulled out the history book again. "I wonder if there is any hidden treasures here I haven't found before" the Captain mused to herself, before starting to poke at the books in the bookcase.

Screenshot-12_zps064bdf10.jpg"width=640"

Lo and behold, a secret passage! "There is magic at work here" Kyhber mumbled as she was thumbing through the manuscripts.

The Captain was looking around the chamber "What is this?" she asked herself.

Screenshot-13_zps0c845404.jpg"width=640"

"Looks tasty, might as well give it a go" the Captain muttered.
    "Nooo!" Kyhber shouted, but she was too late. The Captain had already swallowed the jellybean.

Screenshot-15_zps16a5e5ac.jpg"width=640"

"It ain't funny being blue" the Captain said and looked at Kyhber "can't you do anything about this - you know magic right?" Kyhber just rolled her eyes "you are lucky you didn't catch fire or drop down dead, hose jellybeans are dangerous!" "Danger is my middle name" said the Captain with a sniff, "when it's not blue I mean"

(Luckily the color cleared away after a couple of hours and the Captain is back good as new.)

Screenshot-16_zps87db3459.jpg"width=640"

Outside the snow continued to fall. The winter night brought some eerie sounds, was there any truth to the rumors about the village being haunted? Well, the Captain didn't think so, but as you have already seen, the Captain is not always the most reliable sim to have at your side... If you visit the Village yourself you might find out!

Screenshot-54_zps54474dbc.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Kyhber and the Captain had a wonderful time at the Village, and have since come back many times regardless of the season. They wanted you to know that there are plenty of activities for summer, spring and fall as well.

Such as playing chess on the balcony overlooking the Village square and pond.

Screenshot-57_zpse5859424.jpg"width=640"

Cooling off in summer with a snow cone.

Screenshot-60_zps647ce363.jpg"width=640"

Buying produce, or why not selling your own?

Screenshot-61_zpsbf0f959c.jpg"width=640"

Relaxing in front of the refection pond. This is also a perfect spot for a wedding :)

Screenshot-59_zps303e9c3a.jpg"width=640"

Challenging someone to a game of gnubb (yes, the Captain is still a sore looser). As you can see in the background pets will be well taken care of when they visit this lot too.

Screenshot-64_zpsbe0be358.jpg"width=640"

How about some soccer? (No, the Captain has still not managed to win and she's getting really annoyed that you are asking about it!)

Screenshot-66_zps57a89cf6.jpg"width=640"

See what you have done? Now she's sulking, and poor Kyhber has to play all by herself...

Screenshot-67_zpsdd90bb27.jpg"width=640"

basement overview

Screenshot-72_zps5218cb34.jpg"width=640"

ground floor overview

Screenshot-73_zps3afdd68f.jpg"width=640"

second floor overview

Screenshot-74_zps626ab60e.jpg"width=640"

third floor overview

Screenshot-75_zps5ae437bf.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited December 2013
    When I first realized I had missed out on signing up for the Holiday Gift Exchange I was very disappointed, but I was determined to badger tanu into letting me take part somehow...

Luckily she is one sneaky and smart lady and she came up with the idea of us working together to be Secret Santa's for her three wonderful helpers Terrylin, Scrapper42 and ADWilson. Tanu felt that me not being an official member of the gift exchange would make sure out gift was indeed a surprise for all these three special ladies :)

I hope you have enjoyed Kyhber's and Captain Salty Pant's tour of Santa's Lost Village and that you feel free to add it to your game.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Download link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7865027

Technical information:
      The lot type must be set to Visitors Allowed.
      If you are lucky you might see an unexpected visitor or two...
      There are a lot of NPC's on this lot due to the large amount of registers and so on, do give it about 2 days in game for everything to be sorted out before panicking...if there is a problem after that use Ctrl+shift and right click on the unmanned register to reset it - that will assign a new teller and hopefully everything will be all right.
      The Savvy Seller collection requires you to set store hours at the door to the consignment building (red brick 3 story building). Don't forget to set both opening and closing hours. When the store is close all sims in this building will be kicked out, but they can later enter the building through one of the other buildings.
      The Industrial Oven also has to be reset when the lot is placed. You will have to hire a chef, set opening hours and menu. If the notice that there is no oven on the lot comes up, you could solve this by temporarily adding another stove in the dining area, order form it, and then delete it. This will make the original oven work as intended.
      There is a hidden bookcase door that sometimes will become uncountable. All you need to do to fix this is go into build mode, lift it up and then place it back in the same location. This should fix this problem.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited December 2013
    First of all let me say that when Salty and I talked about her missing sign ups for the exchange and I thought about how she could still be part of it she jumped at the chance to work with me on this tremendous adventure we undertook together! We started emailing back and forth and right away a plan was formed and idea started taking shape. First a pond, then a shell of a building, then one room, then a basement, then something added, something changed, something moved, and so it went and before we knew it. Captain Salty Pants and Khyber saw magic grow before their very eyes to honor their friends Terrylin, ADWilson, and Scrapper42 and to say Thank You for all you do and Who you are and to say We Love you and cherish you!!! :D

Clickable link ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7865027
  • chellexmariechellexmarie Posts: 279 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow this is such a fun build :D I've favorited it so I can DL when I have all of the appropriate content. You guys did an amazing job!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited December 2013
    So... picture this:

I'm sitting at home texting Tanu and Terryawesome and in the midst of our chatter the following text conversation happens...

Tanu: Would you two please go to the thread NOW!!!!!

(Terryawesome and I are still texting about something else)

Tanu: Time to go to the thread. :)

Terryawesome: Yes ma'am

Me: Yes, Mom

Tanu: About time. Hmmmmppp

(after a bit of time)

Me: Oh. My. Goodness. I am stunned, speechless, and my eyes are wanting to compete with fountains!!

Tanu: he he he.

Terryawesome: OMG!! It is sooooo cool. It has everything!! How did you get all that on one lot?? I,,, I,,, just don't know what to say!!! It is AWESOME!!

I did giggle picturing seeing you and Salty skinny dipping in the hot tub ;) lol priceless

**END OF TEXTS**

Me too, Terryawesome, me too! That picture made me laugh.

Captain and Tanu,

You have made this elf very, VERY happy with this SIMTASTIC gift that has it all! I can't wait to place this beautiful build in my game and spend hours exploring every nook and cranny... then actually going forward and playing the game to see it in action. So many wonderful features, I can't begin to mention them all, but the pictures will remind me because I expect to be showing off this thread to my hubby and teen as soon as possible!!

What a wonderful story/way to present this! I can only imagine how much time it took to get those screenshots just so and your writing, SP, is as wonderfully enjoyable as always!! I already have this bookmarked and will return again and again to sit here and bask in all this gifting glory.

Tanu, you little sneaky sneak, I do believe you out-sneaked us elves with our super secret gift project to you. When you were asking me how my gift to Kitkat108 was going, I had to tell a bit of a fib as I was in the midst of finishing yours and hers was mere hours away from being started. Sorry for that.

The amount of time spent plotting/planning this and the off-site conversations must have been lengthy indeed. It is readily obvious that a lot of care and friendship was put into this.

Thank you BOTH from the bottom of my heart
    BIG BIG hugs
    Addy
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sigh, I love your stories Salty!

The lot is awesome.
    edited December 2013
    LOL Captain and Tanu!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    edited December 2013
    Lol - I knew I did the right thing including that skinny dipping picture! 8)

So happy you enjoyed it :)

All I can say is that we had so much fun brainstorming and building that before we knew it everything had at least trippled in size. Tanu has a great way of just rolling with every idea I threw her way - thank you for including me :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited December 2013
    ciane wrote:
    Sigh, I love your stories Salty!

The lot is awesome.

Thank you Cian! I had a lot of fun writing it - and who knew the Captain was such a sore looser?

Have fun exploring the Village :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh Huzzah!! Love the tour (& the story)!! Great work both of you!!! :D
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited December 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    LOL Captain and Tanu!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Here you go!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs
    edited December 2013
    Thanks guys! Salty and I had so many of the same ideas and the ones that were different from the others fit in perfectly! She was so much fun to work with! This was truly a great lot to work on and it was a really fun adventure for me. I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me create a gift behind the mist so to speak.

Speaking of, the spirits of Santa and Mrs. Claus are on the lot and hopefully will come out for you as you play :wink:

*Disclaimer* Neither Captain Salty Pants or Khyber were harmed in the taking of the pictures. (Well accept for CSP's feelings :cry::lol: )
  • xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited December 2013

I love it all & everything is gorgeously beautiful,
    wonderful job & all rec'd.A standing ovation is in order.
    *(Stands up & claps hands)*,Bravo Bravo Bravo.
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited December 2013
    I loved this build when I saw it on the exchange, I had no idea that is was a special gift for such lovely ladies, or that there was a wonderful story with it too :thumbup:

Superb job Tanu and Salty-pants :mrgreen:
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited December 2013
    BritSpears-Big-Shock2.gif

:shock: Catching flies here!! :shock:

emma-stone-excited.gif

Sparkling-Awesome-Graphic.gif

OMG!! OMG!! It is sooo huge! It,,it,,it has everything my sims could ever want!! I could leave them there for days and they will be so happy!! AWESOME!!!

You two are such sneaky rats!! :mrgreen: :twisted: I so didn't have a clue that you had this going! Salty was the perfect person to stage a sneak attack with!! :twisted:

I have reread the story 3 times and chuckle every time I get to the skinny dipping picture! :shock: :P :shock: Knowing you both makes it even funnier!! Salty you write the best stories and I am sure I will read it again a couple of times!! :P

I am so Blessed with you both as my Priceless friends! I love you both dearly! Thank You So very much! I will cherish this Christmas for years to come!! I can't say I am speechless but I am still shocked! :shock:

Really Really Gigantic Squeezing Squishy Hugs, Extremely Bright Sunny Smiles, Extra Wet Sheba Kisses & Really Warm Prissy Cuddles <3
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! The tour was wonderful! Santa's Lost Village looks awesome from the bistro to the game room and the spa; looks like there's much fun and relaxation to be had here! =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh my gosh Salty! I have been so busy with doing extra stuff for the Holiday Gift Thread I didn't even see this until today. :oops:

Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful gift for us! I can't wait to get it in game & really get a great look at it. :mrgreen:
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! You really thought up a great story for all of this. I rarely have the patience to take photos and tell a story like that. Good on you! Allow me to go and wRECk this for your effort!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited December 2013
    SALTY!!! O M G! I was actually heading over to the main holiday thread, when I saw the link for this one. WHAT A STORY!! And I have to agree with everyone else here ....

The skinny dipping picture was PERFECT!! Even though I am home sick today, YOUR story and pics made me giggle, and snicker, and just plain SMILE! The collaboration that you and tanu did to make all of this happen is ..... UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm like scrapper, in that I didn't even know about this until a little while ago. I had seen - while I was on my mypage - that you, Salty, had uploaded a lot onto the exchange. (gave it a rec btw); but that was as far as that went.

I just have a curious question for you, Salty dear. In your upload, HOW did you get eleven pictures to show?? I'm assuming that you use the sims 3 uic?? And if not, then WHAT do you use?? Cos I can only get 5 - maybe 6, at the most. Inquiring minds want to know!!! lol
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited December 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    *Disclaimer* Neither Captain Salty Pants or Khyber were harmed in the taking of the pictures. (Well accept for CSP's feelings :cry::lol: )

Don't worry about the Captain, she's tougher than she looks :mrgreen:
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited December 2013
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    SALTY!!! O M G! I was actually heading over to the main holiday thread, when I saw the link for this one. WHAT A STORY!! And I have to agree with everyone else here ....

The skinny dipping picture was PERFECT!! Even though I am home sick today, YOUR story and pics made me giggle, and snicker, and just plain SMILE! The collaboration that you and tanu did to make all of this happen is ..... UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm like scrapper, in that I didn't even know about this until a little while ago. I had seen - while I was on my mypage - that you, Salty, had uploaded a lot onto the exchange. (gave it a rec btw); but that was as far as that went.

I just have a curious question for you, Salty dear. In your upload, HOW did you get eleven pictures to show?? I'm assuming that you use the sims 3 uic?? And if not, then WHAT do you use?? Cos I can only get 5 - maybe 6, at the most. Inquiring minds want to know!!! lol

Lol, of course you didn't know anything about it before now - it was all planned you see :)

I set this thread up over a week ago, but didn't post anything until today - let that be a lesson to you wannabe sneekers!

I didn't do the pictures (that are done with UIC btw) that was all tanu's work since I have no clue as to how to work that kind of magic :shock:

So, let us all hope she shares this knowledge with us :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited December 2013
    Salty! This lot is....AMAZING! :D I loved the story too. Wonderful!