Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit in Game for Create-a-World Not Saving

I appreciate many players are having issues playing Sims3 at this time - crashing and "Sims3 has stopped".

I can play my Sims3 with all my Expansion Packs (not installed Pets) and Stuff packs. Check
I can create a World and saves lots, roads any other changes I make. Check

However;
When I use the edit in world function in CAW, it permits me to make whatever changes but does not save them and the game crashes, with perhaps a little of what I have just done saved.

This never happened previously. I worked on a large project (Sims2UTurn) during March, April and May with all packs installed up to and including University. I even did a small project back in August and finished off another one about a month ago prior to installing Into the Future.

This afternoon, I uninstalled my expansions packs back to University, however it still crashed whilst saving - I tried twice but to no avail.

I even tried uninstalling my anti-virus programme but again no success.

Conclusion - it has to be this latest patch 1.63. Now I think about it, it was rather odd to have a patch fixing issues for Into the Future that was not even released either side of the pond.

Truly scunnered.

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2013
    Update
    Yesterday, I tried deleting all the cache files in the Sims3 folder and moved out the DC Cache and guess what - when I used Edit in Game for CAW - it worked! :lol:

However, I did need some store items for the world I am working on so put the DC Cache file back in, then uninstalled store items I had purchase since June onwards and guess what - it still works! :)

I have loads of store items especially as at the end of August, I discovered "Complete Your Set" and purchased tons.

Previous conclusion of blaming the patch now recanted and replaced by the volume of store items could be too great for your computer to handle or the problem is connected with "Complete Your Set".

Hope this is of assistance to players.
    Post edited by Unknown User on