Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    edited December 2013
    I REALLY like this world. Although, I'm disappointed that there are no penthouses. That's what I was really looking forward to having in this world. There are only like 2 or 3 skyscraper houses, but all their house/apartment things are on the bottom floor (which gets really annoying when that thingy at the top blocks the top view). If penthouses could have been added, this would be one of the best worlds. There's also no where to really put a penthouse unless it's isolated from the other buildings... I was hoping Roaring Heights would be like a Bridgeport that doesn't have gray and brown colored everything. But oh well. Besides the fact that there are no penthouses, I'm pretty satisfied with Roaring Heights :)
    original.gif
  • GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited December 2013
    Turtlez98 wrote:
    I REALLY like this world. Although, I'm disappointed that there are no penthouses. That's what I was really looking forward to having in this world. There are only like 2 or 3 skyscraper houses, but all their house/apartment things are on the bottom floor (which gets really annoying when that thingy at the top blocks the top view). If penthouses could have been added, this would be one of the best worlds. There's also no where to really put a penthouse unless it's isolated from the other buildings... I was hoping Roaring Heights would be like a Bridgeport that doesn't have gray and brown colored everything. But oh well. Besides the fact that there are no penthouses, I'm pretty satisfied with Roaring Heights :)
    That's a really good point! I love this world too but I think it would have been all the better to have a few livable apartments. I guess you can always place your own, but it's a matter of the architecture clashing or not fitting in at all.

I'm really loving Roaring Heights so it's still tops in my book! :D
  • xxlivelockdownxxxxlivelockdownxx Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I bought both roaring heights and the boardwalk but it won't download, what do I do?
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited December 2013
    Turtlez98 wrote:
    That's a really good point! I love this world too but I think it would have been all the better to have a few livable apartments. I guess you can always place your own, but it's a matter of the architecture clashing or not fitting in at all.

I'm really loving Roaring Heights so it's still tops in my book! :D

There's actually several good shells to use with RH from Late Night. IMO they don't look that out of place. ;) There are two green/silver shells and one white that don't have that old New York building look. I put a couple downtown and a collection of them on the beach and turned them into resorts and apartments.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • VictorHurksVictorHurks Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    I love Roaring Heights :D
  • Keeley12345Keeley12345 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I got this world and is amazing! But I finished the 'Fixer Upper Car' and I get a white box that says '***Failure Object' and I do not get the awesome car to use. Please help! I really want to use the car as soon as possible
  • Keeley12345Keeley12345 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Turtlez98 wrote:

If you have Roaring Heights and Late Night you can delete some of the skyscrapers and put Late Night ones in, just make sure they fit as best as they will :)
  • uo_ishikawauo_ishikawa Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hello.
    Are there any households or sims uploaded to exchange
    to show partners for Goneril and Regan Capp in RH?
    I know their Veronaville househoulds are up but their life stages
    fit The Sims 2.
    My Goneril is now teenager,and she may marry Albany
    in her early YA stage.
    There is a Capp family tree jpg at simswiki.
    If Albany Norman(for Goneril) and Cornwall Dane(for Regan)
    appear in RH,it would be nice to follow the story.
    I have no ability to CAS them well.
    I will appreciate if someone (already) uploads(ed) them.
    PS. I spent most of sims 2 time in Veronaville several years ago.
    Thanks in advance :).
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am late to the party, because I wasn't buying any Store content at all until I worked out an issue (on my end) with it not showing up in game. But I solved it and got Roaring Heights.

All I can say is WOW!

1920s Art Deco? You guys NAILED IT!

So many great resources here! Keep up the great work!
  • edited January 2014
    Sooo.....Mine isn't downloading....Why???
  • PlayDiana390PlayDiana390 Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    hi, i just bought the roaring heights today,with the boardwalk. When i tried to download it with the origin application it still wont work. Which application am i suppose to use when i download it? I really am looking forward to play it. Someone please help me. thank you.
  • ZoaniraZoanira Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    hi guys so i need help. I bought the world (roaring heights) and it says in the install content that it has been installed but it didn't show up in main menu what do i do? please help
  • PlayDiana390PlayDiana390 Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    i got mine to work :). i just saved the game as sims 3 when i downloaded it and it works.
  • 2000pedro2000pedro Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Will I only get the rollercoaster stuff to use on my own (not on the Boardwalk) if I buy Roaring Heights, or will I be able to build my own rollercoaster if I by the Boardwalk only?
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh no! I haven't gotten Aurora Skies yet. Now I can't decide. I don't think I can wait for this one.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited March 2014
    This is the only world that got me excited about the Sims again! It's awesome! The architecture, colors and the fashions are so much fun. The city is laid out kind of strangely and there aren't many NPCs around so I just made a bunch of Sims and populated the place. All in all I really like it.
    edited March 2014
    Oh! I forgot the car! I had two different sims with different Handiness skill values work on 2 different cars until they were running then sold them. One sold for 23,000 simoleons and the other for over 39,000! :!: Easy money!
  • chocbabe101chocbabe101 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    can someone plz help me. i bought roaring heights gold edition then i bought the venue i downloaded them to the launcher and the venue installed but the world didn't it said to check the log and i did but i don't understand it. PLZ HELP ME :cry:
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if this will help but check under your account, purchases. If it's there try to redownload it, or, check in your downloads dashboard when you are in game and try to load it from there. Like I said I don't know if either of these will work but it's worth a try.
    :-)
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2014
    Having trouble with the Boardwalk. I install it, but once I've played on it, the whole boardwalk disappears and won't let me place it again! HELP!
  • BeautifTiger1015BeautifTiger1015 Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    I Bought Roaring Height From the shopping center and i have it in purchase history but every time i try to download it wont appear! D: If you can help please do!
  • soto74soto74 Posts: 81
    edited April 2014
    I'm having that exact same problem. I'll let me download it but then it just doesn't appear in my game at all :cry: very frustrating!
  • sawcat69sawcat69 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone else had trouble with klepto sims being able to steal things in Roaring Heights? My sim married one, and I try to send him out to appease his klepto heart, but the option is just not there. Its not that it's greyed out, it is not on the menu. I don't recall having any mods to alter klepto behavior, and Googling didn't bring up any suggestions either.
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2014
    So, are any of you moving "modern" Sims into Roaring Heights? Or are you staying with the retro 1930's (?) art deco era Sims?
  • BrendoushkaBrendoushka Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2014
    Six months along the line since Roaring Heights came out to the market and I just purchased now after checking all the reviews and guess what??... mine won't download!! :cry: I get the "download error, check the log" message. At this point what can I do to make this dang thing work? I have my game updated and everything required to get it to load successfully but still error message. Can someone so generous and kind out there help me with this issue? :(