Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Contest: Design a Wedding Cathedral 4,350 simpoint prize!

I am opening a contest to make me a wedding cathedral! The requirements, rules, and the prize will be listed down below.

Requirements

Generations, and late night. This is required for the wedding cake, professional bar, dance floor, and grand piano.
An aisle, reception area with dance floor and professional bar, and dressing rooms for the bride and groom. The aisle must have a carpet and the archway must be on a half step like in most cathedrals. A little area out of the way with a grand piano at the aisle.

Rules

No custom content and only store content allowed will be free or of the romanza wedding celebration set.
Only one entry per person.
Please post pictures detailing every room of the cathedral.
Old buildings may be used so long as they fit to the requirements above.
Any world may be used, but make sure it fits to a lot in Moonlight Falls, but the size of the lot does not matter.

Prize

The grand and unfortunately only(I can't afford more than this, sorry) prize will be a gold world of the winners choice, or items of equal value of the winners choice, and their cathedral will be used in an up and coming story I am creating.

Thank you, good luck!

Contest ends On November 23rd, 3 PM PST, so that we can all oogle over Matt Smith ;3.

Entrants

Blondie019

Comments

• Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2013
    When does this contest close? I would LOVE to do this but I'm having a few problems with my game at the moment and have one comp build to finish..
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    cute

when on nov 23 does it end? (and what time zone so we can converet to where we are)

is the lot to be in any specific world

are you juding by picture or in game?

is it for any specific sim couple?

is there an entry form?

can people use cap patterens? patterns made with the creat a patteren tool... or maybe other pattern making tool

with so short a deadline, can people enter old buildings? that fit your wish?

how big/small a lot do you want? or doesn't it matter.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just got gifted most of the Romanza Set and love it so I decided to make a cute little chapel for my Sims, So when I saw this contest I decided to enter it. :mrgreen:
    Here is my current work in progress. I hope it looks okay for the contest.
    The outside.
    ra1su.jpg"width=600"
    Sorry this one is so dark, I don't have any lights yet.
    wpq14.jpg"width=600"
    The reception's dinning area. The dance floor and bathrooms will be up stairs.
    8rizl.jpg"width=600"
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your WIP chapel looks very nice Blondie019 :) Great exterior of it. It looks nice how you are doing the furnishing. The flowers down the aisles look nice. It is looking great!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, rosemow! :mrgreen:
    I still have to figure out how to layout the upstairs, right now I have the bathrooms and a dance floor. I need to add windows to the second floor and I still haven't added any lights in that room. Oh and I have to figure out what to do for the yard, I'll probably add some swings and other stuff for the kids to play on after the wedding and they can mess up their fancy clothes. :lol: and maybe a little parking lot for 2 or 3 cars.
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited November 2013
    That looks really cute Blondie! Thanks for your entry!
  • Options
    clairoeclairoe Posts: 62 New Member
    edited November 2013

I'm a complete noob at building, but I'll give this a go. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That looks really cute Blondie! Thanks for your entry!
    Thank you! and NP :mrgreen:
    I actually just finished it 5 mins ago :mrgreen: It's 2am now so I'm going to bed, but tomorrow when I get home from Cap I'll open up my game and send in a few Sims to test it out and make sure they can move around properly. I'll take some pictures of the wedding too, then when everything looks good and they can all move around I can upload it to the exchange if you would like. :D It's on a 40x40 lot.

Oh and the pictures will have the Basketball hoop from the store but if you don't have it I'll take it out before uploading to the exchange. :) Hope that's okay.
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I unfortunately don't have the basketball hoops, I did buy the choco fountain after finding I had just enough for it and to keep the 4,350 grand prize money too! So you may keep that in there.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your build is beautiful Blondie! It looks like a really cute little church. Nice pastel colour scheme, really suits making it feel homely and welcoming :) Also like the bay windows you've used there. And the turret is adorable!
    Interior also looks good, I love the flowers. There's a lot of detail included, it seems you've worked hard on it! Well done and I'll loook forward to seeing if I can download the finished build :wink:

Good contest idea, btw OP. There was a wedding venue contest hosted by litabelaqua quite a while ago and there was a real uptake in entrees. :)
  • Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2013
    I really like this idea but it's not much time to di that
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you YellowJane :mrgreen: It's one of the best builds I have ever created because it doesn't look like a big grey box. LOL

@GeekyAngelGirl I didn't even notice I added the chocolate fountain, but I'm glad I get to keep it. How many pictures do you want me to add? and do you have Enchanting Faire Love Seat and Faire Vine Wall Sculpture? Cause if not then I'll have to remove them also. Sorry I just haven't gotten a chance to use some of the things I got so I guess I'm trying to use them all at once. :roll: But everything else I'm using is free or comes from an EP. :D
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am going to try! Neat contest, and challenging! No store except Romanza and chocolate fountain... whew! I have no problem doing no CC but I'm a store junkie... LOL! Well I found the perfect inspiration image so I'm going to try! If I can't get it done by the deadline I'll probably still share it here just so you can have fun :).

Question: do you have/can we use the castle stuff? There's a window and bench I'm dying to use lol! If not that's fine! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I do have the fairy stuff, don't have the castle stuff.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yay, hopefully I can get in-game sometime tomorrow and find a couple Sims to get married and test out my Chapel. Hopefully they will have a beautiful wedding and I don't have to move much for them to move around. And I'll take a few pictures too. :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I'll make do without the castle :mrgreen: My shell is built and I'm working on the sanctuary! I'm having way more fun with it than I expected! I can hardly wait to start on my gardens :D
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi there, I think I'm going to try this! I have a few questions though.

I know you said the Romanza wedding stuff can be used, but can we use Live, Laugh, Love as well? And can we use other SP, EP, and world stuff as well?

Also, title says a wedding cathedral, so do you definitely want only cathedral/church-style venues or can it be any type of wedding venue?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I hope that the play-testing of your chapel goes well Blondie019 :) I will look forward to seeing the pictures of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Another question: do you have/can we use any Storybook stuff? I ask because I'd like to do a "head table" in the reception hall and the only long table with a table cloth is from the dining set.

Thumbnail_300x300.png

If no I'll get creative :mrgreen: Which is good to do anyway! Keep us challenged! I rather like that there's no store content except Romanza (and anything else you ok, like the chocolate fountain) - I love my store content so it's a great exercise to work without it! I have been using some EP and SP stuff though, are there any you don't have we should avoid (as asked by Meg above)?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I didn't really get much game time today because I was busy cleaning the crap out from under my bed. But I did get a couple shots of Violet in the Chapel, daydreaming of when she will get married. :mrgreen:
    The first is my favorite, I love fairies, and the second picture was taken a few minutes later when the full moon decided to come out. :?
    yobcg.jpg"width=600"
    awkhk.jpg"width=600"
    When I go back into the game I'm planning on aging her up into a teenager, then the next day I'm going to age her into a young adult and find a guy she can fall in love with and marry.(I have a male in mind but I'm not sure if I'll use him or not.) I had to go into my bin and find this Sim because none of my Sims in any of my current games are close enough to get married, and this Sim has the biggest family with her in the bin. Also she is one of my favorite Sims. :D
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    They are very nice photos of Violet Blondie019 :) She is a very nice fairy child sim. She looks nice in the Chapel with the pink flowers in the background and her wearing the shades of pink in her clothes and having pink wings.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately I don't have the live, laugh, and love sets, so if they play a big key part of the cathedral I would not be able to use them. Anything I have not previously okayed is unallowed. Other sp and expansion packs allowed, but you must have late night and generations.

Any any worlds that can be bought via simpoints, you may use their items, as I have all the worlds.
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately I don't have the live, laugh, and love sets, so if they play a big key part of the cathedral I would not be able to use them. Anything I have not previously okayed is unallowed. Other sp and expansion packs allowed, but you must have late night and generations.

Any any worlds that can be bought via simpoints, you may use their items, as I have all the worlds.

Okay, gotcha! I'm doing fairly well without LLL right now but was curious on my other question. Are you only looking for church-style wedding venues or is any type okay? I ask because I started a plantation style venue. :oops: :lol:

Wanted to double check, do you have Dragon Valley? I don't think so, but figured I'd ask.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't have Dragon Valley. And make the cathedral however you want, it'd be boring if it were just like any other, but make sure it has the items for weddings.
  • Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2013
    I working on mine, I think I can finish today or tomorrow ;)