Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove credit card info from website?

I noticed last time I ordered SimPoints that my cc number came up automatically.
I'm not very comfortable with that info being stored here.
Anybody have any idea how to go about removing that so that it will need to be manually input each time?

Comments

• identity001identity001 Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am not 100% positive but I believe if you erase your browser history (everything including form data, passwords and favorites) it should clear the data but like I said I am not 100% positive. Though I doubt you will have problems with your credit card info. You can't even make two purchases in a row without them flagging you for fraud and making the idea of processing another transaction through them a living nightmare. Then they wonder why they get voted worst company in America 2 years in a row and are well on their way to year 3.
  • Lynds356Lynds356 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2013
    Under the Store menu on the top bar there's a link to "my store account" which should get you to the link for billing information. You should be able to clear the fields for credit card info and save the information (or there may be a clear option - I don't have anything saved so I'm not sure if you will get the option).

Each time you buy simpoints, you might need to double check that box hasn't checked itself again. Once you've unchecked it on a transaction it should clear the information for future transactions.
  • MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2013
    identity is right, I had to clear my cookies and history earlier for a totally different reason, anyways I just checked and it is blank. At least from the buy simpoints page

I never put in anything in the billing section so Check there too
  • Lynds356Lynds356 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2013
    OK, let's go with both answers... :D

If it's coming up in the store on buy simpoints when you've said not to save and it's not in the billing section, then it is probably just the form filler on your browser. Clearing the cache, etc. should fix that.

If it's in the billing details section, then I'm pretty sure it's stored on the site (from checking the remember my details box). Clear the billing details to remove it or uncheck the box the next time you buy simpoints.
  • BeasleyQ2BeasleyQ2 Posts: 154 Member
    edited November 2013
    Awesome, thanks guys and gals!
  • sawan171sawan171 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @identity001 said:
    > I am not 100% positive but I believe if you erase your browser history (everything including form data, passwords and favorites) it should clear the data but like I said I am not 100% positive. Though I doubt you will have problems with your credit card info. You can't even make two purchases in a row without them flagging you for fraud and making the idea of processing another transaction through them a living nightmare. Then they wonder why they get voted worst company in America 2 years in a row and are well on their way to year 3.

Clearing browser data will only delete the data saved offline on device. You have to remove credit card information from the payment settings () like amazon and other website. Click on store icon and go to billing information now clear card information and proceed to save. This will do the job
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top