Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys!

Aminovas, I like your idea and thank you for researching the color overrides. Is the alternative way that you're proposing the same as what was done in Al Medina?

I like the way we had it in Al Medina, but it looks like there's a whole ton of work involved in the process.

gaa17, thank you so much for that apartment building! Any change that I might have to make will probably be pretty minor.

Perfect goldysch! I'll download and add your stuff momentarily.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here's a pic of how I plan the inter-district roads to look. I hope we can recolor the walls a bit, but I think I've got the look down.

screenshot_original.jpg

The exterior of the bazaar is about finished. This one building is like the equivalent of 14 small buildings, as far as the workload.

screenshot_original.jpg

This is the food store in the bazaar. I was surprised! I think I made it pretty convincing.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    In other news, I just got my acceptance letter for one of the architecture schools I wanted to go to!
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Zach!
    That is such awesome news! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing that with us!
    You must feel really great about that. Such a cool career.

I'm really glad you like how recolors work in Al Medina. It is getting easier and easier for me to do recolors and retextures. I wouldn't do them if I didn't really enjoy doing the :) We can (more or less) recolor any un-CAStable texture in the game. We can definitely do paintings. I want more ideas. What would you like? And do you know what rabbit holes you are using yet?

Jodi and Junceda (and anyone else?) any ideas?
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi guys!

First of all, Zach, a huge congratulations for your aceptance for the chosen school and career, I know very well architecture world, having worked at an architecture studio for almost 30 years (as a counter, on the finnancial mangement of construction), my brother and one of my doughters and my nephew being architects themselves and it is an amazing profession that I hope will give you great satisfaction in your life.

And down to sim-arch. the bazaar looks a wonderfull lot full with fun and interest and plus it is gorgeous and match the world theme perfectly, congrats for this also.

About the paintings, as I assume Frida will be mostly represented in her blue house museum, I would like to have some Van Gogh, Picasso, Monet, Dali, oh my! the list would be endless, what do you think?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks so much guys! I'm pretty proud that I got in. This particular program is kinda exclusive so I'm psyched. I'll be on my way to ikea today to buy my first drafting table.

As far as mexican art, let me see:

2040_lg.jpg

3f0daa75712c2c70c2f5d85f9fbc2153.jpg

9be196879db4beca0cfc2cd8ef449bd9.jpg

For Diego Rivera:

rivera-diego-the-flower-vendor-7900488.jpg

Look at the wisdom and machismo in that woman's eyes!

00000426141001046K057JMV.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Other than the two rabbitholes I've used so far, I'm not sure which ones I'll be using yet. Probably ones that come from Isla Paradiso and Starlight Shores.

(Starlight shores is my least favorite world, but it has good stuff in it)
  • Options
    goldyschgoldysch Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi everyone :D

Congrats Zach! Also, the bazaar is stuning! can wait to have the finished version in my game!, also when can we download the next beta for the world?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Next beta should be ready on Wednesday night. I'll try and get more work done on it before then though :)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ditto what goldysch said! Congrats and the bazaar is wonderful! Hopefully I'll be able to take the next beta for a spin now that I'm back home. All the custom artwork sounds amazing!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    HI!
    I don't think I commented on the bazaar earlier. It all looks so good!
    Thanks for posting those pics, Zach. I will figure out something to do with them. I have the same Diego Viera ones I want to add.
    Any more ideas? If I mod a painting, i can probably add quite a few images per painting.
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited December 2013
    Zach -- Congrats on the school acceptance! I've always loved architecture. I had wanted to study it in school, but life got in the way and I didn't make it to college. Oh well, life goes on. Now I just read all the articles and books on the subject that I can find.

Your bazaar! What can I say but amazing :D . I've been to Mexico twice and that build is bringing back so many memories.

All of your contributors are doing such an excellent job. This world is going to be beautiful.
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited December 2013
    Zach, congratulations! I'm so happy for you! (:

Despina, I certainly hope you'll get to live your dreams out somehow! Probably you already are by doing what you're doing! :thumbup:

Thanks, Aminovas! Here are some pics.

Rugs

igb8ti.jpg

t4v22e.jpg

2lv1bgl.jpg

apgoqr.jpg

2m7g3rl.jpg

16le9li.jpg

334khzn.jpg

10s86rk.jpg

13z7omp.jpg

kcb2d.jpg

smafkp.jpg

5pgkn.jpg

2hpitlz.jpg

k4v28g.jpg

35aryuq.jpg

zwnqsz.jpg

30ic75l.jpg

rmi3co.jpg

2gsn7uw.jpg

Ami, about what you've discovered, do you think they can be used to make tapestries as well? I would love to have tapestries hanging on the walls if it can be done! :lol:

This would make a good one, I think. :mrgreen:

2ahfjbm.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hey, guys!

I just have an idea! How about a rug shop in the bazaar (great work, Zach, so far)? And maybe tapestries in it as well? :)

And maybe since this world is a coastal one, how about a fish market? Think that there's something there? An aquarium selling pet fish? I'm just tossing ideas in now. :mrgreen:

Remember Jucenda's post about the open-air art market? With Ami's recolouring technique, the market could have all of these paintings on display (and the ones Zach posted as well; I love those!). (:

Here are the pics.

Mexican art

6hneqt.jpg

2wo9h83.jpg

zpvt1.jpg

23u8ndk.jpg

whdtvl.jpg

9zsjfk.jpg

Rugs/Tapestries

2yx3ig4.jpg

bintc9.jpg

vsj4i1.jpg

11uxaau.jpg

125oy9i.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    OK! That is a lot of ideas :) Great. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Haha I think I went overboard again! :oops: :P

No worries, Aminovas!! Cheers!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah the bazaar will probably have a portion dedicated to rugs.

Most likely what will happen is that we can get the bare structure finished and add in the recolors later.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    As for an aquarium and seafood store, those are necessities. They'll be in a more coastally-focused district though.
  • Options
    gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited December 2013
    ooo I love all the colors/rugs/paintings yall posted. They're so nice!

@Zach, if like my apartment building, I wouldn't mind doing another residential lot if you need the help? I had fun with the apartment building even though it was my first attempt at building LN type apts and first time building for someone else. I love everyone's contributions thus far! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sure you can always make more gaa!

Sorry about no new betas guys. I've been having technical trouble which should be easy to fix, but I just don't have the time to do it tonight.

I'll make sure to compile a list of new assignments after I get that beta to you guys.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My problems were more serious than I thought :/

I'm getting the "Exporting world failed!" Error.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I leave you here my rutine to export, hope it Works for you

If your world does not export

Start from the begining, let us say your world is name.world, uninstall your world from the launcher if you can see it at the installed items tab, delete from downloads, delete from exports, delete from desktop (if the world is not in whichever of this folders skip this step). Now you will only have your name.world files in CAW usertooldata folder. (Before you do this, be sure you have your name.world file and name folder and the backups folders, up to 5 backups, in your CAW usertooldata folder).
    Open CAw and open your world, THE NAME IN THE GLOBAL LAYER MUST BE THE SAME OF THE name.world file, (if it is not choose a new name in the global layer and save as the new name and close the world saving changes before going on, then open the newname.world) open it in EIG and test if it runs ok, if it does close without saving and close CAW.(go to 1-)

If it does not close EIG and close the world and try again with an older backup. till you find one that runs ok in EIG, then exit EIG and save this backup as the current version of your world, overwrting the corrupted one, then again in CAW or EIG redo the changes you may have lost save and close CAW.

Now

1- move the sims3 DCCache and DCBackup folders to your desktop (the game will replace with new ones)

2- Open CAW and export the world. this time it should export fine.

3- move the DC folders (download content, the CC and also the store content) again to their correct place and when/if you are asked overwrite the merging files. THE OLD ONES OVER THE NEW ONES

4- Go to your sims3 exports folder and move/copy the name.world package to the sims 3 downloads folder, open the launcher and install the world from the downloads tab.

Now play the game, your world should be succesfully installed and you will be able to play it fine.

This way you will not lose your content and the world will show as you created it with your DC folders and all their content. And never, never delete the folders where you have your extra content and never never delete the resource merging files or overwrite them with the new ones. So when you take back the DC folders overwrite the new ones with the old ones which are in the folders you moved to the desktop.

I wrote this for everybody who has this problema and it has worked for all them. Good luck!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi guys!

Zach I´ve been making some changes in the museum and I have uploaded the new one, I think you would want to give it a look and you will like the new one more tan the other as I do

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_7erTjobHyhdW5Oc1NYX0tYX1U/edit?usp=sharing

how are you going with your export issues?

Hope you have solve them, and you like the new way of the museum. Happy simming!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi junceda! I haven't gotten into cleaning my caches yet, but I'll be working on it for sure. I still wanna get a little bit more done on the world before the next beta.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is your apt complex goldysch. The only real change that I made were to add stonier textures to the floor tiles, but I kept the same colors. Also, I added some trees and shrubs in the back.

screenshot_original.jpg

On this apt complex, I brightened up the pink plaster a bit, and then added some stone blocks to frame it.

The inside was impeccable, so I barely changed it. I just added some rustic wooden floors to the base level.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for that quick fix Junceda! Here's the new download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByU5kIrWeU49NzNzUUxKY004WEE/edit?usp=sharing