Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    Gosh, Zach, I feel sad that you aren't going to be able to continue working on this. But I do appreciate your consideration about sharing it with others so that the project can continue. I hope we will all be able to pull this off since I'd love to see it completed!

I also hope you are moving to continue your schooling and I wish you much success in your academic endeavors! Work hard but don't forget to have fun. :-)

Oh, and a very Happy New Year to everyone!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh My! what a pitty that you can´t go on Zach, but it will be not for the worst if Nilxis takes the torch himself and we all work as lot builders, and you can be at the remote control and send us some directions, it can be great over all at the end!

And if it is all for good in your carreer path, it is worth while everything
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much Nilxis! I'll get a little bit of work done and then upload the files. I definitely think you'll do great at being the CAW director.

I'll stay in touch with you and everyone on this thread.
    edited January 2014
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Zach, I have installed the world successfully, no problems at all :thumbup:
    I have a question, is this the lot where I have to place Tangie's house?:
    laspalomas_zps0661cf80.png

Nothing else, if do you want me to do something just tell me! :D
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014
    Overcoming builder's block to finally finish my build! Sorry! :oops: :)

Here are some screenshots.

33vg1o8.jpg

33nyctw.jpg

im5gft.jpg

1zmgrvb.jpg

23w9z0k.jpg

9a9rhf.jpg

Will be uploading to the Exchange after final round of playtesting and tweaking. In the meantime, here are some pics of the props that I've made for the bazaar. Tell me which ones fit your vision for the world, Zach (if any haha!) and I'll upload them to the Exchange too. :wink:

i292t2.jpg

The two lights in the back look much better when on. :XD:

2q2emar.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2014
    Presenting Casa Morado, the purple house! :mrgreen:

Download at http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7918927.

Please change as needed, for this world! The props too! :thumbup:

edited January 2014
    Hi guys!

I have downloaded and installed everything but I got nothing, the world has no lots no roads and just a bit of messed sculpting and painting what am I doing wrong?

Will you be so kind as to upload a zip with the Las Palomas.world file and Las Palomas folder instead of those 50 files that I have and don´t know how to install properly?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited January 2014

Yeah, I'm having trouble installing it too. I was expecting a sims 3 file, like before. A zip file, like Jucenda suggests, would work too I think. There's something that could be learned here; Nilxis, how did you managed to install it? Thanks! =)

edited January 2014
    The files Zach has uploaded are CAW files.
    This is what I did:

1. Download the .world file and place it in the following folder: Documents/Electronic Arts/Create a World Tool/UserToolData/Worlds
    2. Inside this folder create a new folder named "Las Palomas"
    3. Click in Zach's first link (Layers and Lots) and click the blue botton in the upper right corner where (I guess) it says Open on Drive
    4. Select both folders, right click and download them
    5. The filess will automatically compress into a zip file, when it's ready open it and you'll find the Layers and Lots folders
    6. Place them in the "Las Palomas" folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/Create a World Tool/UserToolData/Worlds
    7. Open the world in CAW and voilà

Hope it helps :wink:
    edited January 2014
    Works like a charm. :thumbup: Thanks, Nilxis!

For my CAW in particular, I have to sort the files into either 'Lots' or 'Layers' in the newly created 'Las Palomas' folder before being able to open the world. :wink:
    edited January 2014
    Hi guys!

Nilxis, that's the best place for that lot, definitely.

Do you need any help on the terrain style? I can see about getting my brush specs....

Also I can work on drawing a map later this week. Thank you so much for doing this!
    edited January 2014
    I think I can try to copy your terrain but any tip about it will be helpful, and of course a map too!
    I'm having some ideas for the urban area and the world in general and I would like to try to change and add some things and show some pictures so you can tell me what you think (?) Nothing really big, just some details ;)

By the way I have placed Jodi and Tangie's houses, both are lovely!:

jodishouse_zps81e8429b.png

tangieshouse_zpsbd5c51df.png
    I have added some kind of short fence-planters (don't really know how to say it :mrgreen: ) in Tangie's house so the plants wouldn't grow on the stone.
    edited January 2014
    Wow! I am a real nut with pc tools I just didn´t realize I had to sign in to have the options and I was just downloading nothing! only the directions or short cuts or something of the kind!

Thankyou very much!

I have it now! again ready to do whatever you want to help you building Nilxis, well, as you can suppose I want you to work in this world... but I want Barcelona too! "puestos a pedir, no quedarse cortos" jeje (once you are asking something... ask everything)

Edited to say what I allways forget, what a nice avi you have now Nilxis!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    Looks great, Nilxis! And I like your avatar too, but then, you always have good ones. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited January 2014
    Hehe glad you like my avatar :mrgreen:

Today I have changed some things in CAW that I want to show you. If there's anything that you don't like just tell me and I'll change it like it was before:

overview_zps41cdcb05.png
    First I have changed the grass terrain paints to a darker tone, I think it looks better with the trees

vegetation_zpse0e7025e.png
    I have changed some of the trees and I have added new ones, there are more trees now

cliffs_zpsdbd39e0f.png
    The cliff textures have also been modified a little and I have added a brick wall around the upper part (Junceda, I have changed the color of your view point's walls to match the CAW ones :wink: )

wall_zps58217bab.png
    I have recolored the retaining wall, in my opinion it looks better with the rock and pavement textures

recolorsbefore_zpseb1bd065.png
    Finally these are all the objects I have recolored - Before

recolorsafter_zpseb1bd065.png
    And After. I thought it would be a good idea to have some flowery trees so I have tried to copy some trees I found in pictures of Mexico:

jacarandas.jpg

10091-b-p-bougainvillea-climbs-walls-of-the-hacienda-de-perote-large.jpg?1312696397

royal-poinciana.jpg

Hope you like it :D

Edit: Junceda, I'm a bit confused with the links of your apartments in the page 16, could you tell me which are the ones I have to add to the world? :)
    edited January 2014
    Hi!

Everything looks great, the recolours are quite fine, and about the fence I was thinking the cliff lots were wanting one, and of course the view point´s one should match the CAW one.

As allways your aesthetic view is shown in all your work.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited January 2014

Thanks, Nilxis, for the kind words! Good job with the CAW so far! :thumbup:

edited January 2014
    Hi!

About the apartments, I think Zach was going to place the "Coyoacan Apartments mirrored" on the XIX lot, but it is your choice now, I like the way they look in this pic

Screenshot-124_zps827ab7f3.jpg"width=700"

as I took the inspiration from this apartment complex

Poblado_Marinero_0046__DSC6874-1024x430.jpg"width=700"

Los-Gigantes.jpg"width=700"

Whatever you choose will be fine for me
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited January 2014
    Yeah, it's the apartment one. The one nearest the post's bottom is for the houses that Junceda has so kindly made at my request. Sorry; the confusion is my doing. Zach said there's not enough space for both of the mirrored lots though I think. He didn't mention picking the loft style one or the family apartment one.

Btw, Zach, the props - do they fit your vision for this world? I can upload them to the Exchange first and then you can decide when to put them in the furniture section of bazaar. Whatever works best for you! :thumbup: If there are more jobs, guys, let me know!

Junceda, the apartments look just as good in real life as they do in the Sims 3!

edited January 2014
    Ok Junceda, I have placed your house. I didn't see any XIX lot so I guess you meant the XXI :)
    edited January 2014
    Hi guys! Nilxis your painting looks wonderful! You're much more adept than I am at recoloring stuff.

I think the props work Jodi. I think also some wicker stuff would also look nice. Wicker is probably the easiest thing to make props with and have it look realistic.

I have some time at my old home today, so I'll do a small house to contribute :)
    edited January 2014
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7927103

It's a small building, but it was all I could complete in two hours :)

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited January 2014

I'm glad. Okay, I'll upload them when I have the chance.

Sure thing. Going to look at some pictures and get some ideas. Anything else we can help with, Zach, Nilxis?

Yay a lot by Zach! Going to favorite and recommend. :)

edited January 2014
    Hi!

What a nice tiny house Zach! How good to have another lot from you!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png