Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbots: University compatible?

Is it possible to send them to uni in any way? I'm retrofitting the uni town for Lunar Lakes (I'm going with a "halfway upgrade", as if the town has had its aesthetics preserved as much as possible over the generations, while replacing bookshelves with the holographic ones, removing all the cars, adding food synthesisers and so forth. I need to know mainly so I know whether to bother placing plumbot charging stations in places.

If they can go, to what extend is it? and what would happen if they got the social trait or graduation trait? My only game with a plumbot in it is badly glitched, where in the homeworld the plumbot has lost all self-interactions and cant interact with anyone, nor adjust its trait chips, and it gives me the option to send him to uni, but I'd prefer to hear from users with working plumbots, both with and without Nraas mods
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sure, why not? They would just need to have the limitless learning and office drone trait chips installed.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe you could add them as townies.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited November 2013
    Townies may not be too feasible, as you annoyingly cant make bots in create a houshold.

While I agree that chips like lmitless learning, office drone and sentience should unlock uni for them, the graduation trait seems troublesome. Trait chips are handled by the game as hidden traits, I wonder if EA disabled that trait from happening if a Plumbot graduates..providing they can even go to uni in an unmodded unglitched game.

Side note: I had never seen the uni town's gym or pool until now. Wow, those are great buildings! I had a hard time futurising them.

• Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    edited November 2013
    Devalaous wrote:
    Townies may not be too feasible, as you annoyingly cant make bots in create a houshold.

You shouldn't need to make them in C.A.S. just make one and move it out of the household that should allow you to add them as a new family in the town.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    Jaden1673 wrote:
    Devalaous wrote:

You shouldn't need to make them in C.A.S. just make one and move it out of the household that should allow you to add them as a new family in the town.

This is what I would do. Or I might even create a Plumbot apartment residence and fill it up with specialized plumbots. Entertainment, cleaning, handibot. I wonder what a party at a plumbot residence in University would be like. Might be fun. Imagine a plumbot doing a keg stand. :lol:
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    edited November 2013
    @ Sincerbox

I've been thinking of doing a apartment or something along those lines with Plumbots and Simbots, might make it one of the places my Sim can own. Collect rent for the Bots from time to time.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So Ive placed some charging stations in the dorm I'm future-renovating (Britt's dorm :p)

I'll definitely need to place some of those bots in the houses that the professors live in. I'm planning on turning all the professors into holograms rather than replacing them with new sims, lets explain it with a utility bot that has the holo projector chip and maintains the most famous professors former residences!

Has anyone tried a plumbot in uni yet btw?

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited November 2013
    Would love to see your futurized Uni campus for Lunar Lakes, I've got a half-alien who's got a full scholarship and is ready to go to college.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Its not too impressive, if I was a superskilled builder, I'd rebuild all the non-shell lots. As it is, im going with "preserved for the ages", with things like the tables and chairs all over every lot replaced with ITF/Futureshock/LL standard ones, drink synthesisers and one or two food synthesisers, laser harps in the rebel and jock hangouts, things like that.

I had to delete all the scenery cars in town, so theres huge open empty areas, and the stores have one or two spaceships sitting in the parks. You cant place cars down in community lots :/

The biggest change is probably the library, all the bookshelves are ITF ones now, with futuristic computers all over and holographic plants.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2013
    :shock: We can? That would just be so cool to do that if I loved University Life. Which I hate so I never send anyone.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited November 2013
    Can consignment stores work on the Uni campus? If so then a bot shop would work there too probably. We know townies in the regular towns buy and use bots, why not students too?
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Ive never tried one, so I cant say for sure, but I dont see why they wouldnt work. Its just a register manned by a regular sim attached to the object.

Having new household members join during uni though? Dont know what happens if that occurs.