Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise vs. Supernatural?

I've had the Sims 3 base game since its release but I just recently got my first expansion and stuff pack. Late Night & High End Loft stuff. I really want a new expansion pack but I'm torn between Island Paradise or Supernatural. I was just wondering which one everybody please liked more. Please help! :D

Comments

• smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2013
    Else* Not please haha
  • dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited October 2013
    I would definitely say Supernatural! It is one of my favs. IP is too glitchy for me and I'm not really a sun and fun type person. I much prefer the dark side(no pun intended) of life. :mrgreen:
    2rxu2ph.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    i vote for SN!
    edited October 2013
    See at first I wanted IP but everyone is talking about the glitches! SN seems like it would be really fun! What all does it come with? Like what can you do?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    here's simsvip guide for SN and IP

http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-supernatural/

http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/

though if you first wanted to buy IP you may want to still - re reported issues i myself havent have issues with any EP but i use nraas mods to stop game created lag i also have a PC designed for gaming

if you have a proper gaming system and could at least consider mods IP should be doable

a quick test if your game patch is updated the system hasnt been lagging with each new patch or showing any signs of slowing down/ crashing
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2013
    Based on things like how well these things can be incoporated into other towns and glitches coming with each pack, I'd vote for SN, too.

Not that I dislike IP or have a whole lot of problems with it but things like houseboats and dive spots in other worlds but Isla Pardiso is problematic, and for the majority, Isla Paradiso itself is problematic.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2013
    Between the two, I prefer Supernatural over IP. To me the world in Island Paradise is spread way out, and it just takes too long to get any where. I played it a few times, and one of those time I had a family and part of them were mermaids. The teens who were mermaids never got home from school before 2 am, and they would leave right when school would let out. Because of this I had also lost both of them because their needs would bottom out (hunger) but they were just to busy swimming home to eat.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've had the Sims 3 base game since its release but I just recently got my first expansion and stuff pack. Late Night & High End Loft stuff. I really want a new expansion pack but I'm torn between Island Paradise or Supernatural. I was just wondering which one everybody please liked more. Please help! :D

Supernatural, the best TS3 expansion in my opinion. :thumbup:
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited October 2013
    Supernatural for me.

I'm not much of a fan of mermaids but I love the supernatural!

Isla Paradiso was choc full of issues. I remember seeing some pretty weird routing going on, as well as a few miracles (i.e. walking on water). I much prefer Moonlight Falls as a world.

The houseboats were neat, but I would happily trade them in for more magic...
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2013
    I prefer SN myself. I've had a LOT of issues with IP. It's been one of the worst thus far, I never had a crash to desktop issue before this and now it happens whenever I enter an IP world. I do think it's due to the afore mentioned routing issues. (BTW, I do have a nice computer system set up for gaming, but I think when you have too much Sims stuff, the cracks really start to show, and it did in IP)

With SN there is a whole lotta occults, a nice new town and really a LOT of lovely décor items. Some people bought SN just for the décor items even if they were not too much into the fantasy. Then there is the harvestables and collectable, which are able to be used in ALL the worlds and areas, not just those lot enabled areas.
    edited October 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    here's simsvip guide for SN and IP

http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-supernatural/

http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/

though if you first wanted to buy IP you may want to still - re reported issues i myself havent have issues with any EP but i use nraas mods to stop game created lag i also have a PC designed for gaming

if you have a proper gaming system and could at least consider mods IP should be doable

a quick test if your game patch is updated the system hasnt been lagging with each new patch or showing any signs of slowing down/ crashing

I wouldn't care to use mods I just don't know how! Haha
    edited October 2013
    I prefer SN myself. I've had a LOT of issues with IP. It's been one of the worst thus far, I never had a crash to desktop issue before this and now it happens whenever I enter an IP world. I do think it's due to the afore mentioned routing issues. (BTW, I do have a nice computer system set up for gaming, but I think when you have too much Sims stuff, the cracks really start to show, and it did in IP)

With SN there is a whole lotta occults, a nice new town and really a LOT of lovely décor items. Some people bought SN just for the décor items even if they were not too much into the fantasy. Then there is the harvestables and collectable, which are able to be used in ALL the worlds and areas, not just those lot enabled areas.

I think I'm leaning more towards Supenatural! I just thought the houseboats would be cool! & The decor would probably do it for me alone! Haha