Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oasis Landing Legacy Statue Bug

In Oasis Landing the legacy statues are all "Ice Goblin" sculptures from The Sims 3 Ambitions, just thought I'd inform you of this very minor glitch, it's just bothersome.

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    Do you have any sculpting cc or mods and is advanced rendering on. Yes they are based on that sculpture but, should show up as the legacy representations they are meant to be.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Gonzo67Gonzo67 Posts: 37
    edited October 2013
    I have the same bug. No sculpting CC, and advanced rendering is on, but all the legacy statues are ice-goblin statues in my game as well.
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2013
    I just noticed that too. Same for me, no sculpting CC & advanced rendering is on. I reported this to Crinrict. I hope she looks at this thread & adds this to the list of bugs.
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have the right statues, and two of them are already representations of my sim and one of her bot, so the expansion itself is working. Something in your setup/game is scrambling code.

I did try to clone the statue to see if I could get a copy for use elsewhere, and it cloned the ice goblin right behind the proper statue. That means if something has happened to the sims they used in the game to make the statues, then the ice goblin would be all that was left for the game to display.

Did you, by chance, delete any EA sims or bots?
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well, the Legacy Statues are ok now. What I did was clone the Cause Effect Statue (base for the Legacy Statues), used DebugEnabler to change the type, & when I went to Legacy Park at Oasis Landing, Emit's Legacy Statue changed to that Ice Goblin. As soon as I took it out, his Legacy Statue was ok. Hm...don't know why other's are having problems. My new girl got The Renowned Philanthropist Legacy statue.