Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear Simgurus, wont you please help me?

So today I decided to buy a goodie box set and see what I got. For the most part i was satisfied, but there are two items I received as duplicates. Please note, that these items were individual items that were not given to me as a bonus. The items in question are "Long curls with veil" and "lovely layers" both part of the Romanza ceremony set - which I own.

Upon double checking that I do in fact own these items, I read through this forum to see that people were contacting EA via live chat to get it sorted out. I did so, and was told to post here (along with having my intelligence questioned). It is infuriating that I had this happen, along with having to basically hold their hand throughout the process. Even after having them post what I received as a bonus item and what I received as part of the actual goodie box they still tried to tell me that it was a bonus item! I have a transcript of this chat, and am more than happy to share it (minus my personal info and such) if needed/wanted. So now I am posting here in the hopes that something can be done. The most important part of the chat is below:
you: The specific items I'm talking about are the "Long curls with Veil" and "Lovely Layers" if that makes it easier
Kuldeep: I have checked the details. Here are the list of items which you have received in your goodie box :

sts3_2_clothingmaleyoungadulteverydaybody_amBodyHarajukuTie
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afBodyResortRomperLace
sts3_2_clothingmaleyoungadulteverydaybody_amBodyPirateCaptainEnglish
sts3_2_clothingmaleeldereverydaytop_emtopclassjacketflightscarf
sts3_2_hairmaleteenhat_amHairSTORE03Diner
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afBodyWeddDressLayered
sts3_2_clothingmaleeldereverydaytop_emTopBeachHawaiianShirt2
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afBodyAfricanTropicTribe
sts3_2_**********_CAS_Three
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afBodyJPNModYukata
sts3_2_clothingfemaleeldereverydaytop_efTopClassCollarSideTi
sts3_2_clothingmaletoddlereverydaybody_puBodySwimSurfer
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afbodydressmaxi
sts3_2_clothingmaleeldereverydaybody_emBodySwimTriathalon
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybottom_afBottomVegasContempo
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadultsleepwearbody_afBodyLingerieScallop
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afBodyVegasDressStrappyCutout
sts3_2_hairfemalechildhat_cfHairSTORE24Swim
sts3_2_hairfemaleteenhat_afHairHatSTORE05LongCurl
sts3_2_clothingfemaleyoungadulteverydaybody_afBodyJazzGownLong
Kuldeep: And here is the list of bonus items :

sts3_2_hobbiesandskills_aquariumAtomic
sts3_2_miscellaneousdecor_sculptureWallShelfAnimal2x1
sts3_2_beds_bedBunkBackToSchoolSuite
sts3_2_clothingmalechildsleepwearbody_cmBodyPJBaseball
sts3_2_miscellaneouskids_slippySlideBacktoSchool

Had they been a bonus item, or items given to me via a set I would not mind at all. That happens, but the FAQ says I should not get individual items I already own as a general part of the goodie box. This is exactly what happened however, so I am really hoping for a solution.

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the gurus here can do anything beside reporting back that goodi box is glitch

I think you need to wirt a formal complain to EA and email it (I think all who got doupls like this or doupl worlds should do that)

I also think with all this glitchness in the boxes... we should not buy them....

sorry you had problems both with the box and CS
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks anette, it's always frustrating when a company promises something and doesn't follow through - only to not fix it later on.

If anyone knows a specific email/number I should use to get in contact with the right people I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ra345 wrote:
    Thanks anette, it's always frustrating when a company promises something and doesn't follow through - only to not fix it later on.

If anyone knows a specific email/number I should use to get in contact with the right people I would appreciate it.

very frustrating and very dishonest by the company
    it is a mistake by now they should now that the bug is there enough to either a) make a general aproc of refund/swap item or b) close the goddiebox sale until fixed...
    the best would be a combo... that would stop more custumors from being frustrated and help those that did get tricked...
    b can't stand alone as that only fix it for the furture custumors.

on the origin site there is (atleast for Denmark) a contact option both phone and email/writ a case as it isn't exsactly email, you writ and they writ back using email later... so I would look there....

good luck in getting a decent person to help you

again I think now the advice to others must stand don't buy goodie box... it is a trap and a trick and not worth the hazel....

for those already traped... do the complaint in writing and if negative respond demand higer up level advicer...

giving you stuf you already own is not ok according to the text about goodie boxes (unless you get a set where you own the items)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited October 2013
    Also it is Sunday lots of our Guru's work Mon-Fri regular business hours mind you SimGuruCopeland has on many occasion would be active off hours.

I am sure they'd tell your to contact support (Guru's have no sim point refunding powers).
  • Options
    TigMagickTigMagick Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited October 2013
    Know that a few sets most noted are the dress's and hairs in the Romanza ceremony + Attire

Also for me the Everyday Kids Collection has been a big pain as I have re-bought stuff on the dd a few times and only 1 did they refund me for it. The Paper Hat Princess came up often and when I looked it up I realized that none of the items show as own on the individual pages.

So as far as the store knows I dont own any of it. I had a hard time last time I bought the 1500 goodies box and not
    I got 11 out of the 17 items from the "Hewnsman Bedroom Set" both of the items that I had just gotten for free the weekend or 2 before, and 6 that I did in fact already own (gifted to me so maybe that was the malfunction?) and for the one items but the whole set. LOL all total not counting the bonus items I got just over 1100 simpoints worth of stuff I didn't have. W/ the bonus it was about 1550-1700 If I added single items to sets they came with/in together.

So technically I came out = but I did end up wishing I had just bought a set or items I wanted. Or did a mini gifting spree.

Why is it I want to try the goodie boxes this time around too? Good thing I dont go to places that have gambling or I think I might had a problem.
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited October 2013
    I had an issue with the daily deal price about a month or so ago. When I used the live chat I got this same exact person or at least someone with the same name. He said I was being illogical to want the quoted price and refused to help me. I called on the following Monday morning and got it taken care of quickly and easily. I'm sorry that I can't find the number but if anyone has it I think any person at EA would be better than the live chat option. Good Luck.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited October 2013
    Aww that sucks. Really sorry for you! This is why I don't do the Goodie Boxes. As well as not havig money anyway (lol) they're often disappointing.. Unless you're XxHannelorexX.. She got two sets in two boxes! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MarLee67 wrote:
    I had an issue with the daily deal price about a month or so ago. When I used the live chat I got this same exact person or at least someone with the same name. He said I was being illogical to want the quoted price and refused to help me. I called on the following Monday morning and got it taken care of quickly and easily. I'm sorry that I can't find the number but if anyone has it I think any person at EA would be better than the live chat option. Good Luck.

illogical... for wanting to buy things at the price they marked it at.... :? :roll: that person need to not work in CS
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'll probably try live chat again today after classes, but I'm hoping a SimGuru can at least tell me for certain who I should contact - because Live Chat told me to contact the SimGurus :?
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited October 2013
    Edit: NM

Read something wrong. :oops:
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    edited October 2013

I agree annetsb
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'll give you a bump so maybe a Guru can see this :) .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    the gurus HAVE commented in some of the other threads.... makes sure you go comment in them
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Do you know which threads anette?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ra345 wrote:
    Do you know which threads anette?

eh... not all of them 1 is a warning about buying.... and I see you found that one
  • Options
    SimGuruZephyrSimGuruZephyr Posts: 166 SimGuru (retired)
    edited October 2013
    Looking into this with one of the other store producers.

There seems to be some initial confusion caused around the older hair items in particular. Back when they were originally release, different aged hair items would share the same name regardless of the age. Over the past yr and a half this hasn't been the case and you can see the difference between an elder vs a kid hair in the asset name.

So though it may seem like you are getting duplicates with some of the older items in the store, you might actually be getting different ages of hairs that have the same name.

Will continue digging so please stand by and if you have any other details/occurrences, post all the infos! :)
    nqC3r.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013

There seems to be some initial confusion caused around the older hair items in particular. Back when they were originally release, different aged hair items would share the same name regardless of the age. Over the past yr and a half this hasn't been the case and you can see the difference between an elder vs a kid hair in the asset name.

So though it may seem like you are getting duplicates with some of the older items in the store, you might actually be getting different ages of hairs that have the same name.

Will continue digging so please stand by and if you have any other details/occurrences, post all the infos! :)

that hair explanation... doesn't hold water

hair is sold in age groups yes.
    we got (in both male and female)
    toddlers
    kids
    teens-elder

the last group is still the same hair.. when I buy a hair under teen I have it for my YA, adults and eldres as well.... I know you have started to show it difrently in the sets... but not when you buy singley... thankfully or I say elder hair had to cost 25sp
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Thank you for looking into it. I already owned the entire set, so it stands to reason I should have the hair for every age group.