Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

university experience with out the expansion pack ( first try )

( not sure if it will work or not )

after your sims graduates and become young adults they need to master atleast one skill before the get a full time job.

if they decide to move out the should get a really small house and have a part time job so they have money to pay the bills.

from mon-fri they should work on their skills either at home or at a community lot.

(TIP- i would have 2 or 3 skills and no more e.g MON-logic TUE-logic WED-painting THURS-painting FRI- logic )

they must work on skills mon to fri and can have weekends off

they don't have to work all day but must do atleast an hour .

please add your own tips below and say if it worked :) x

UPDATE - thanks to LittleMinxUndr i have been able to improve the original idea and make it 100 times better.
please read below and see LittleMinxUndr's awesome advice which includes a point system and bloodline add on's hope you all love her advice as much as i do :):mrgreen:

Comments

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't see why this wouldn't work.

I would lay out the challenge like this:

1) The first generation after the founder can't train up a skill gained as toddler (music, logic), or child (Handyness, cooking, painting(?), Inventing, logic). Premium-item skills that can be trained with store-items are also excluded.
    1) Each generation must train a different skill.
    2) A full generation must be skipped before a skill can be repeat trained.
    3) During the training-period, no marriage or getting prenant. (Romance is okay, off course.)
    4) Players with World Adventures must study abroad at least three times. Each time in a different country, meaning that during the skilling, China, Egypt and France must be visited!
    5) Parents must train their kids if the skill can be trained by them.
    6) All skill-opportunities must be done.

Challenge is completed when the last skill is trained.

I'm sure that this can be fleshed out more! ^^
  • rosiep2010rosiep2010 Posts: 247 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't see why this wouldn't work.

I would lay out the challenge like this:

1) The first generation after the founder can't train up a skill gained as toddler (music, logic), or child (Handyness, cooking, painting(?), Inventing, logic). Premium-item skills that can be trained with store-items are also excluded.
    1) Each generation must train a different skill.
    2) A full generation must be skipped before a skill can be repeat trained.
    3) During the training-period, no marriage or getting prenant. (Romance is okay, off course.)
    4) Players with World Adventures must study abroad at least three times. Each time in a different country, meaning that during the skilling, China, Egypt and France must be visited!
    5) Parents must train their kids if the skill can be trained by them.
    6) All skill-opportunities must be done.

Challenge is completed when the last skill is trained.

I'm sure that this can be fleshed out more! ^^

do you have any other legacies or ideas i could try ??? x

i really love it gonna try this ! thanks for commenting x :D:mrgreen: :-o :P :wink:
    edited October 2013
    so i am currently trying this out with my sim Florence she is studying art and writing and has a part time job as a receptionist. she has a boyfriend ( using LittleMinxUndr adivice she will not get pregnant or get married until she has 'graduated' ) she spends sundays with her boyfriend and calls him through the week and spends Saturdays meeting new friends at the art museum or the park.

update her story later ;)
    edited October 2013
    i really love it gonna try this ! thanks for commenting x :D:mrgreen: :-o :P :wink:
    [/quote]

You're welcome. =) I'm looking forward to the story!
    edited October 2013
    "You're welcome. =) I'm looking forward to the story!"

awwww thx :p

UPDATE-
    Florence left her boyfriend because she fell in love with Leighton Sekemoto- he is a young adult, single father of 1 toddler( sam sekemoto ). she spends tuesday afternoon ( and night ) with Leighton and has a family day with the two of them at the park or at home on a sunday. Florence's uni life is going pretty well she is lv.5 on painting and lv.4 or writing. after uni her dreams are to work at home as a famous author and well paint for fun :D .
    edited October 2013
    Florence has left Leighton after sam grew to a child and realised the age gap was to much for her ( by the time she left uni and got married she would have a teenager ) so she went to the park to find a new man with no success. will she ever find the right man ??? x
    edited October 2013
    I hope she does!

A little idea
    I see that you're training two skills, so I guess your sim is doing a Major and a Minor course. That got me thinking that an optional difficulty could be added by introducing a signature skill...

The signature-skill is a skill that each generation must train next to the Major and the Minor. That skill can be anything: Maybe the bloodline is athletic?
    So that means that a total of three skills must be maxed out before a sim can settle down; the signature-skill and the Major and Minor skills.
    By my experience, raising three skills to the max before YA is perfectly doable (bar unforeseen stuff that happens during play), especially when a sim is born in-game and when World Adventures is present. (9 extra days to a lifestage if you count bottomline vacation-length in China, Egypt and France.)

On top of that, a difficulty can be added by having your sim going for skill-challenge completion throughout his/her life.

You can add scoring to the challenge as well:

- 5 points for the Signature Skill.
    - 10 points for the Major Skill.
    - 5 points for the Minor Skill.
    - 5 points for each skill opportunity completed.
    - 5 points for each skill challenge completed.
    - 25 points for each of the three skills that's fully completed (lvl10 skill plus all relevant skill-challenges done.)
    - 100 points if the sim does it for ALL THREE skills.

At the end of the challenge you'll have a high-score you can try to beat, or post as a bar for others to jump over!
    edited October 2013
    I hope she does!

A little idea
    I see that you're training two skills, so I guess your sim is doing a Major and a Minor course. That got me thinking that an optional difficulty could be added by introducing a signature skill...

The signature-skill is a skill that each generation must train next to the Major and the Minor. That skill can be anything: Maybe the bloodline is athletic?
    So that means that a total of three skills must be maxed out before a sim can settle down; the signature-skill and the Major and Minor skills.
    By my experience, raising three skills to the max before YA is perfectly doable (bar unforeseen stuff that happens during play), especially when a sim is born in-game and when World Adventures is present. (9 extra days to a lifestage if you count bottomline vacation-length in China, Egypt and France.)

On top of that, a difficulty can be added by having your sim going for skill-challenge completion throughout his/her life.

You can add scoring to the challenge as well:

- 5 points for the Signature Skill.
    - 10 points for the Major Skill.
    - 5 points for the Minor Skill.
    - 5 points for each skill opportunity completed.
    - 5 points for each skill challenge completed.
    - 25 points for each of the three skills that's fully completed (lvl10 skill plus all relevant skill-challenges done.)
    - 100 points if the sim does it for ALL THREE skills.

At the end of the challenge you'll have a high-score you can try to beat, or post as a bar for others to jump over!

thank you so much for commenting again ! :mrgreen:
    OMG ! I love this so much :D
    i have writing as a major and painting as a minor
    i like the whole bloodline skill thing (maybe a different one for girls than boys ? )
    and the point system seems really cool :D

not sure how i'm going to differentiate major skills from minor skills in the future . right now she spends more time writing than painting .

got any advice ?
    edited October 2013
    rosiep2010 wrote:
    not sure how i'm going to differentiate major skills from minor skills in the future . right now she spends more time writing than painting .

got any advice ?

That's simple.
    People trying the challenge can write that down for themselves, say 'SimX' Major: Fishing, Minor: Cooking.

To flesh Majors and Minors out, you can rule that:
    - A skill chosen as Major must be completed.
    -- Skill Challenges are still optional.
    --- A Major skill must skip a generation before it can be chosen as a Major again.
    - A skill chosen as Minor doesn't have to completed, but scores only if skill-level is at least 6.
    -- Skill Challenges are optional.
    --- A Minor Skill must be chosen as a Major skill by the next generation.
    --- (To allow for some strategic planning.)

So given the above example, SimX must complete Fishing and reach at least lvl6 in cooking, next to completing the Signature Skill, which can be anything. Let's assume that SimX' Signature Skill is playing the Drums.

SimX' kid, SimY, must select Drums (Signature Skill), Cooking (SimX' Minor Skill) as Major Skill and is free to select it's Minor Skill.

If you take into account the rule that says that the first generation after the founder can't use their toddler-skills for it's Major and Minor... well, this Challenge is becoming interesting quick! ^^

Another idea
    You could add to the rules that during the 'university-phase' of a Sim's life, the Sim must work a part-time job. ^^
    edited October 2013
    ok thanks
    i think we should set out there 'profile' like this....
    so i know florence's storey has already started but-

Major, Writing
    Minor, Painting

Job- lv.3 Receptionist
    Single with a crush 0_0

blonde hair, amazingly gorgeous, fashionable socialite

have you tried the challenge yet ?
    edited October 2013
    rosiep2010 wrote:
    ok thanks
    i think we should set out there 'profile' like this....
    so i know florence's storey has already started but-

Major, Writing
    Minor, Painting

Job- lv.3 Receptionist
    Single with a crush 0_0

blonde hair, amazingly gorgeous, fashionable socialite

have you tried the challenge yet ?

Florence seems all set up for a great future.

I haven't tried your challenge yet. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm doing the Going Solo Challenge right now, from which I'm doing a daily updated soap. Between everyday life, playing the challenge and doing the daily episodes, there's just not enough time left to do another challenge in tandem.
    But I do hope that other Simmers take interest in your challenge and report back. Had I the time, I would most certainly have given the challenge a shot.

I'm always willing to think along though! =)
    edited October 2013
    can u send me a link to that ?

thanks for all your advice :D

i will keep you updated on florences uni life. it will take me a while because i have it on epic :D

thanks for everything !
    edited October 2013
    You're most welcome, I'm glad to have been of help.

If you were asking about the challenge or my soap.., here's the link to the Going Solo Challenge:

Going Solo Challenge by Vuneca

For the soap, click on the banner below. ^^
    edited October 2013
    i love your soap ! your so creative !

if anyone is reading this forum please check it out it totally worth it !

i don't think i could to the challenge . Only one child ! toddlers are to cute :D

also here's a update on Florence's uni life !

UPDATE-
    Florence has graduated with a mastered in writing and lv.8 in painting :!:
    She's even moved in with her new boyfriend connor frio !
    well when i say moved, they moved to the house next door :lol:
    they both have part time jobs and Florence's books bring in most of the money.

Connor looked into florence's dreamy eye's and realised he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and proposed !
    thankfully she said yes, and she insisted they got married right at that second and got married at home that night !
    lifes moving fast for florence and she loves it, there new home is a family home for the future and is currently beind redecorated and a building a future nursery! x
    edited October 2013
    FLORENCE IS PREGNANT !!!!
    Florence broke the news to connor and he squealed with excitement !

The book royaltys payed for the new animal themed nursery for their future son or daughter, they want to give their child the best possible start in life, something neither of them had.

They both want LOADS of kids and will need to work hard to have money because they both only have part time jobs...

lets hope it all works out !
    edited October 2013
    Florence and Connor have a brand new baby girl, Jennifer.

she has connors firery red, brown hair and florence's emerald eyes.

she has the athletic and the genius trait.

she is also incredibly cute :)

when i figure out how i will put a picture on :) x