Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do I place a venue on a hill?

I wanted to make my Nuts and Bolts Emporium venue sitting high on a hillside. I can not for the life of me figure out if this is even possible.

I can make a huge hill and level it off. I save it in edit town mode but it disappears when I go to place my venue. How do I do this?

Comments

• SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2013
    The short answer is you have to build it yourself.

If I have understood your question you are trying to place a pre-built venue. That venue is not just the building. It is the entire lot. So whatever terrain characteristics the original venue had will get placed along with the building.

If the venue was built on a big hill your lot will be turned into a big hill with a building on it. If it was built on a flat lot your lot will be flattened. If it was built in a hole your lot will be turned into a building built in a hole.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Hedy1975Hedy1975 Posts: 42
    edited October 2013
    Sincerbox wrote:
    The short answer is you have to build it yourself.

If I have understood your question you are trying to place a pre-built venue. That venue is not just the building. It is the entire lot. So whatever terrain characteristics the original venue had will get placed along with the building.

If the venue was built on a big hill your lot will be turned into a big hill with a building on it. If it was built on a flat lot your lot will be flattened. If it was built in a hole your lot will be turned into a building built in a hole.

I never thought about that. It is a pre-built venue. Thank you. I guess I'll just have to build it then.