Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EPs ROOM for LOTS

One of the things I find most disappointing about the Sims 3 is what I think is a lack of versatility. You can't fit all the lots from the old EPs and you always end up sacrificing some of them. I know you can change some residential lots to community lots and add some new lots but you still can't put everything in.

It would be so much more satisfying for gameplay if you could fit the other EPs lots in and also adapt the world or if developers included features of the old EPs (water you can boat on). Perhaps there is an argument for not doing that as it is good to have diversity but it is also quite annoying when you are playing in a world where there are wishes to go boating or to go to a club and you can't fit those things in the game.

Any better in Sims4?

Comments

• frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes I agree. It's frustrating to have a world you love to play in but you can't fit all the lot types. And then you can't even add new lots in the world editor because the ground is too bumpy or whatever. Or you find a place you can put a lot but no roads can reach it! I hope this is something the fix for TS4.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes I agree. It's frustrating to have a world you love to play in but you can't fit all the lot types. And then you can't even add new lots in the world editor because the ground is too bumpy or whatever. Or you find a place you can put a lot but no roads can reach it! I hope this is something the fix for TS4.

I agree. Thank goodness world building and neigborhoods will not be what we see in TS3 nor CAW. Happy day to get rid of that clunker.

Even worse had to read long instructions of how to import and already created world back into CAW...average player left out of the loop to be able to fix routing, roads and or make room for all those rabbit holes.

Way too much techy stuff for the player that just wants to add a new building to their neighborhood like we did in TS2.

Hopefully, TS4 is nothing at all like TS3 in any form or fashion and if they want to make it more easy for players allow them 'flat' land where no routing problems exist, and then allow them to terraform as they see fit. And stop filling up entire neighborhoods with their premade houses and buildings..give the game back to the player, please.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.