Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am completely fed up with IP

Yes I know ITF came out yesterday but some of us (in Europe) won't get it until the end of the week. I was so excited when IP was announced but ever since it was released I have had nothing but trouble. I thought I would give it one more go before I got ITF and perhaps even take the sim into the future.

I have lost count of the number of games abandoned because of glitches. I have never got beyond the first generation Today was no different. Now it isn't my machine which has reasonable va va voom and should be more than capable of handling the stuff I have installed. Besides I am not getting the same lagging issues in other worlds.

I could uninstall it but I like the CAS and decor stuff. So I am left with a game which is useless and I suspect with ITF out EA isn't interested in sorting out IP.

More importantly I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen with TS4. We are promised more stable gameplay but as of this moment I am not convinced.

Thank you for allowing me to rant. There is no need to reply. It really is the end of the line for IP as far as I am concerned.
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2013
    but you didnt even say what the problem was...starting it??...CAS?...what?
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    Okay. *runs off to play IP without issues*
  • angiebabe1859angiebabe1859 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited October 2013
    It's not the end of the line for IP. You can fix Isla Paradiso's lag and routing issues with this: http://www.modthesims.info/d/513265

Maybe instead of assuming all is lost and insisting your computer isn't the problem, you could provide us with information to help fix issues.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2013
    It's not the end of the line for IP. You can fix Isla Paradiso's lag and routing issues with this: http://www.modthesims.info/d/513265

Maybe instead of assuming all is lost and insisting your computer isn't the problem, you could provide us with information to help fix issues.

Oh goodie! Another mod for me to add to my collection since EA won't fix the issue.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    hey Bettyboop55 sorry you are having issues if you add more details perhaps me and others could suggest possible fixes
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited October 2013
    As I said thank you for allowing me to rant. I was perhaps not being totally rational. The issue with IP today was lagging. The game would play for 5 to 10 seconds then freeze for about 10 seconds. At the time I had the sim trying to snorkel.

Previous incidents include the yellow taxi boat embedding itself in the houseboat. Sims refusing to undertake an action such as go to work or to snorkel or swim.

The game has always opened fine but doesn't necessarily save correctly. I had one sim who achieved level 4 in the diving, yet the next time I tried to play this had reverted back to his previous level of 2. Today I tried resetting the sim a couple of times but that didn't seem to stop the freezing.

So you see the issues are many and quite varied. I am not experiencing these problems with other worlds.

As for the computer it is a laptop but it has a dedicated graphics card with separate 2gb memory. i5 with turbo boost, 1TB hard drive and 8gb Ram. The computer automatically looks for updates for things like drivers once a week so these are all reasonably up to date.

One thing the laptop does have Windows 8 which has created issues in the past particularly with the graphics but I am reasonably confident I have got these sussed by adjusting the graphics settings.

You are welcome to try and solve this but I think the principle problem here is the gamer who really isn't the most patient of people and who today lost her temper with the game. Maybe when I have calmed down I will have another go with IP.

Regards

Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2013
    As I said thank you for allowing me to rant. I was perhaps not being totally rational. The issue with IP today was lagging. The game would play for 5 to 10 seconds then freeze for about 10 seconds. At the time I had the sim trying to snorkel.

Previous incidents include the yellow taxi boat embedding itself in the houseboat. Sims refusing to undertake an action such as go to work or to snorkel or swim.

The game has always opened fine but doesn't necessarily save correctly. I had one sim who achieved level 4 in the diving, yet the next time I tried to play this had reverted back to his previous level of 2. Today I tried resetting the sim a couple of times but that didn't seem to stop the freezing.

So you see the issues are many and quite varied. I am not experiencing these problems with other worlds.

As for the computer it is a laptop but it has a dedicated graphics card with separate 2gb memory. i5 with turbo boost, 1TB hard drive and 8gb Ram. The computer automatically looks for updates for things like drivers once a week so these are all reasonably up to date.

One thing the laptop does have Windows 8 which has created issues in the past particularly with the graphics but I am reasonably confident I have got these sussed by adjusting the graphics settings.

You are welcome to try and solve this but I think the principle problem here is the gamer who really isn't the most patient of people and who today lost her temper with the game. Maybe when I have calmed down I will have another go with IP.

Regards

Betty

IP is bugged and EA/Maxis has not fixed it, even on mine in which I use a AMD II X4 635 2.9 Ghz with a Nvidia 770 4 Gb Classified and 16 GB I get lag. Every other world the game runs fine.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    well i think every simmer is allowed a rant to two :)

for lagging i would start here:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html

i use nraas mods and this prevents lag and others have reported lowering graphic settings for the world can also helps- at least turning off water reflection

ellacharmed of simswiki/MTS has also tackled lag for IP by fixing issues in CAW http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/

for your corrupted sim see if moving out and back into the home via town edits helps any - of course if you get nraas then your sim should be fixed by Master controller reset which is different than the games

and win 8 - i agree when it was first released there were software issues i dont think thats still a factor - i also think if you can launch the game then you probably dont have a win 8 problem
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yep. I have severe issues with IP and am forced to abandon the world. While it does make for some nice drama in my soap 'Jungledrums', it's not exactly what I had in mind.

IP never ran good, but I could live with it. After 1.63 though, IP is neigh on unplayable and I have no choice but to move worlds.

As with any problem with TS3 though, there are enough people playing IP without any problem at all. Just know that you're not alone. ^^
    edited October 2013
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look at these in slower time. I am glad I am not alone in having issues.

I must go now as I am working in the morning.

Regards

Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited October 2013
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look at these in slower time. I am sorry others are having issues but it is nice not to be alone.

Well it is late here so I must go.

Regards

Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited October 2013
    If you're having problems on a mac, I wrote a little post here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655107.page. If it's windows I cannot help :(

Just reread ur posts and you got windows so sorry, blaaah my post is useless.
    edited October 2013
    I was very pleased to receive your post. Agreed it didn't help in my particular case but there are plenty of simmers who have Macs. They might be having similar issues to mine. :)

Sim enim est vita
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2013
    I read another thread where several mentioned that the lag in IP made it totally unplayable after the last patch. Hopefully, EA will get another patch up sooner than normal to address that lag.
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited October 2013
    can i just steal this thread for a tiny second? Because I am also having lag issues with IP. Infact, it was the first world I tried with my new computer - and I was at first horrified because I thought I had just wasted money on a pc that wasn't up for the job. But I tried other worlds (and I play with fairly high settings!) and they were more or less lag free.

Anyway, I did the cheat "uncoverallunchartedislands" or something, and that helped a lot. But it ruins the uncharted island challenge, but whatever.

I use the nraas overwatch and every night there's unroutable sim, age stuck, script errors, etc. Sometimes I get unroutable sim in the middle of the day, and I have to reset all sims in the world because it seems they are all busy getting from a to b, so often my town is empty.

The biggest issue imo is actually the poor routing (game stutters when horses run from a to be, but not when driving) and also - that sim people use NO logic getting anywhere. Took my sim almost 10 hours to get to and from the grocery store, because she was a mermaid and chose to swim instead of boat/drive. My sim lives next to that Torres household (the ghosts in the front yard..) and the mermaid decided to swim all around the island to get to the grocery store. Instead of taking her car (in her inventory), drive across the island, swim/boat the tiny distance between the island and go to the store.

This happens a lot, and by God if you invite a person over, who lives far away. I invited a sim over, after waiting for the entire day, they came ...swimming. Like honestly, what is that? tbh I don't think I will be playing this world much more. I'll wait and see if anyone else makes a better custom made island world with oceans and such.

But I am wondering, that modthesim resource for IP, will it mess up my already played game? Or can I install this and continue on my IP-sim with no trouble?
  • chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited November 2013
    I patched my game, everything going fine with ITF. So I wanted to go back to my most favorite world, Isla Paradiso, to see if it works better.
    I started a new game with a new TS3 folder, No mod, NO CC.
    :cry:It is unplayable now.... :cry::cry: I didn't even want to play 1 sim hour there.. because I experienced severe lag...
    My game used to crash in IP :roll: but I never had any problem with lag .
    Please, please fix this world...because IP is my most favorite EP and Isla Paradiso is my most favorite world...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm still thinking EA is finally going to fix ISP in the final patch. I"m expecting the next patch to be the last one and a very big one.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2013
    chopin27 wrote:
    I patched my game, everything going fine with ITF. So I wanted to go back to my most favorite world, Isla Paradiso, to see if it works better.
    :cry:It is unplayable now.... :cry::cry: I didn't even want to play 1 sim hour there.. because I experienced severe lag...
    Please, please fix this world...because IP is my most favorite EP and Isla Paradiso is my most favorite world...

Crin says that a way to reduce lag in Isla Paradiso is to cut off the interactive loading screen that came with patch 1.63.
  • chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, cat. :-)
    I don't even use the interactive screen, though. :(
    I even uninstalled the "Tree of prosperity" now and tested again.
    ButI still have severe lag I never had before the latest patch.
    This is the only world I get lag.
    chopin27 wrote:

Crin says that a way to reduce lag in Isla Paradiso is to cut off the interactive loading screen that came with patch 1.63.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited November 2013
    OP, sounds like you are not alone. I too have a LOT of issues with this world, and don't have issues with others. I'm not sure if having more EP's/SP's contributes to the lag as well. Sad thing is, this is one and only world in which I would crash to desktop which had NEVER happened before, this being prior to patch 1.63. I've not done the cheat for the uncharted islands thing, but that takes away a LOT of the fun of finding the stuff...but I guess it's better than not being able to play in the world at all. :(

I do hope EA will fix it. It's a bit too widespread for them not to do anything about it. Seems like the "Tree of Prosperity" might be one of the many, many, many issues with this EP. :cry: :roll:

• gingerbillgingerbill Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have found IP gets jerky and suffers from small stutters , reminds me of Bridgeport. All my other worlds run great ( except Bridgeport).

I assume its down to routing issues with NPC's ( like Bridgeport). Combined with the cave bug its annoying.

I just don't play IP anymore as I cant stand even small stutters when playing. It's definitely a buggy mess of an EP. Disgusting there hasn't been more patches. Personally I don't think it will get fixed. They made an island and all the water transportation knowing the AI of the NPC's just cant handle it.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2013
    Will we be getting another patch? If so does anyone know roughly when? I LOVE Isla Paradiso but I just cannot play it. The lag is unbearable. :(
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    As the others agree IP is now totally useless and I run a super computer so it never crashes - this is ridiculous!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited November 2013
    IP doesn't lag for me anymore (upgraded RAM and motherboard), but it used to and I hated it. Sims there are SO dumb. My sim would drive her car and then decide to walk everywhere. I could never figure out what was taking her so long to complete sing-a-grams or why she was getting so tired until I actually followed her. Stupid girl!

I have not updated to 1.63 because I don't have ITF, but I have heard some people who did (and don't have ITF) are having more issues. Overwatch helps, especially in Starlight Shores where it removes over 9,000 cars every night (!!), as does Error Trap. I hate that we're forced to use mods to fix our game, but at least there are people like Twallan who are trying to help.
  • chocolatefox72chocolatefox72 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2013
    So very true, i to have windows, and IP played fine before the update, it freezes every few seconds or so, i have stopped playing all together, Another thing i noticed since the update is that MH tends to crash sometimes, every other town plays smoothly no problem.