Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 coming in fall officially announced

The Sims 4 is officially announced to be coming fall 2014 :)

Comments

• Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited October 2013
    Where is the link? Hmm? Hmmmm?!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2013
    And this information came from........?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • xNiGHTSBOYxxNiGHTSBOYx Posts: 34
    edited October 2013
    Seen it too, it's on their Facebook page...

I take it March is in Fall to them...

• thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can't believe he didn't provide a link. I'll do it.

http://simsvip.com/2013/10/22/ea-sims-4-coming-fall-2014/
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited October 2013
    He beat me to the chase. I was just about to post about this new development. Although, not what I was looking for in the way of news about Sims 4, at least we know it still exists which is what I think the dev team was trying to make us think that it didn't with all the lack of information around the game.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if they will do an EP12 for TS3 then? They announced the whole line up for this year, but if it's coming in Fall rather than Spring, there's time for another one next year.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it is a long time to wait, especially if there are no more TS3 EPs, but on the other hand, it gives them enough time to create a good solid game and elimenate as many bugs as possible.

I do think the date has been delayed though, and that March was the original plan. I can't see them announcing it nearly a year and a half before release, which it would be if this date was the original plan.

ETA: If it's been pushed back, I'm not sure there will be an EP12. I imagine they'd want the remaining EP team working on TS4 as soon as possible to make sure it's ready and doesn't need another delay.
    edited October 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    I wonder if they will do an EP12 for TS3 then? They announced the whole line up for this year, but if it's coming in Fall rather than Spring, there's time for another one next year.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it is a long time to wait, especially if there are no more TS3 EPs, but on the other hand, it gives them enough time to create a good solid game and elimenate as many bugs as possible.

I do think the date has been delayed though, and that March was the original plan. I can't see them announcing it nearly a year and a half before release, which it would be if this date was the original plan.
    I don't think the ITF team will have time to make a new EP even if they didn't move onto TS4 this week. I'm actually glad there aren't any more EP's for TS3. I hate worrying about getting new ones. :lol:
    edited October 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:

I don't think the ITF team will have time to make a new EP even if they didn't move onto TS4 this week. I'm actually glad there aren't any more EP's for TS3. I hate worrying about getting new ones. :lol:
    I just updated my post about that; if the release date has been pushed back, I don't think there will be another EP.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited October 2013
    Not worried about the delay. There have always been delays in the release of a new sims franchise...2 and 3 both were delayed. I'd like to think of maybe they heard of the uproar of the lack of CAS and are adding it, nice to daydream anyway.

Just gives me more time to play with sims 3. I had planned to do that anyway. Maybe I'll be more ready to convert to sims 4 with the extra time. The game can only be better the longer they keep it.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2013

Did they change the hair in this latest photo? It looks like it has slightly more texture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/10423961786/
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited October 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:

ETA: If it's been pushed back, I'm not sure there will be an EP12. I imagine they'd want the remaining EP team working on TS4 as soon as possible to make sure it's ready and doesn't need another delay.

Oh please let there be an EP 12 and please let it be based on open for business!

I'd have thought they'd have to do something - a year is a long time and likely to lose them quite a few customers to other games if they don't keep us occupied...?
    edited October 2013
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Did they change the hair in this latest photo? It looks like it has slightly more texture:

Oh, I love that picture!! :lol::lol: It does kind of look retexturized! Maybe a fall release is good for the game! It also looks like we can eat at coffee tables!

ETA: I highly doubt we're getting any new EP, guys... The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff was released November 2008, and that is quite sometime from June 2009. A huge gap between released, even if less than TS3 and TS4.
  • lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013

Thanks for the link, thesims3boy. :D
    edited October 2013
    lpmartin wrote:

Thanks for the link, thesims3boy. :D
    You're welcome! :)
    edited October 2013
    Sorry, there are several posts I want to respond to :P
    Claire17 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Oh please let there be an EP 12 and please let it be based on open for business!

I'd have thought they'd have to do something - a year is a long time and likely to lose them quite a few customers to other games if they don't keep us occupied...?
    I'm sure the Store will continue. I think they'll do a lot of marketing to keep people interested, but I doubt we'll get another EP.

Oh, I love that picture!! :lol::lol: It does kind of look retexturized! Maybe a fall release is good for the game! It also looks like we can eat at coffee tables!

ETA: I highly doubt we're getting any new EP, guys... The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff was released November 2008, and that is quite sometime from June 2009. A huge gap between released, even if less than TS3 and TS4.
    I'm with you that I don't think we're getting another EP, but I do have to say that that is not entirely accurate; bear in mind TS3 was still scheduled for February when Mansions and Gardens came out which was only three months after.

Glic2003 wrote:

I noticed that too, but I saw general improvements overall. I thought it could be just that; but I'm certain that image is also a render, so it will look better than the actual product.

With the extra time gap, I imagine there probably will be quite a difference seen in the hair textures.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am completely unsurprised by this delay. Hopefully the delays mean an even better gaming experience.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2013
    The Sims 4, Fall 2013... Early 2014... Fall 2014... To be continued :P

Good news :

- More Store content for The Sims 3
    - Smart Maxis begins to program seriously (or not) this new game (Unlike The Sims 3 and SimCity :P )
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2013
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cool! Plenty of time to finish up TS3 and save up for the next long series of EPs and Store items...
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think this is really good news, especially since they really only decided to make it single player fairly recently, and who knows what else has to be designed. What they are working on now, might just have only been thought up recently, if the rumors are true that it was scrapped.

I would much rather wait for a whole bunch of delays in order for them to make a great game, than go through another rushed, hollow, half baked game like we got with ts3. Sorry to those of you who love 3, I like it, but I don't love it like I do ts2. I play ts2 more than I do 3, even though I have all the eps, sp's and most of the store worlds for 3. It just can't compete for the way I play.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    windweaver wrote:
    I think this is really good news, especially since they really only decided to make it single player fairly recently, and who knows what else has to be designed. What they are working on now, might just have only been thought up recently, if the rumors are true that it was scrapped.

I would much rather wait for a whole bunch of delays in order for them to make a great game, than go through another rushed, hollow, half baked game like we got with ts3. Sorry to those of you who love 3, I like it, but I don't love it like I do ts2. I play ts2 more than I do 3, even though I have all the eps, sp's and most of the store worlds for 3. It just can't compete for the way I play.

I agree, although I'm a bit disappointed it'll be a year before it comes out, this is very well needed given the circumstances (the huge change in direction TS4 underwent).

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    -Miyamoto

I hope this leads to TS4 being hands down the best in the series.
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is bitter sweet news because yea i really wanted to play the Sims 4 sooner then fall, but with this delay of the game the Sims team might add something like CAST or atleast add a color wheel to the game and we will hopefully get a well polished base game.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited October 2013
    jus1nickie wrote:
    This is bitter sweet news because yea i really wanted to play the Sims 4 sooner then fall, but with this delay of the game the Sims team might add something like CAST or atleast add a color wheel to the game and we will hopefully get a well polished base game.

OMG. A Six month delay to add back in CAST would be well worth the wait, IMO.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is what I expected.
    Any earlier and it would have felt rushed to me, considering where they say they are in the development process.

That leaves us about a year or so with TS3 though.
    Is anymore content just going to be Store Content?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Glic2003 wrote:

Looks like the old way of doing hair textures. The way we used to back in the 90's early 2000. Painted on highlights to make up for poor lighting we had back then. So it does look better than the solid blocky hair they first showed. For a render anyways. Does not look so good when animated because the highlights don't move.

Maybe the delay is to help work on the engine. It was bragged about a new engine design but rumours say it was originally intended as an on line game which would not be as good as on designed for single game play. Just a thought from all the reading I have done. Does not mean any of it is true.