Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New towns?

sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
Is it possible to create a new town from scratch? If so, how? Will this be an option in the future?

Thanks.
Origin ID: sketchur
Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities

Comments

• XuchilbaraXuchilbara Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I heard that we'll have to wait till New software is released for making new towns.
  • XelaXxXaleXXelaXxXaleX Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yea, I want to make a new town, and it won't let me...
    I reeealllly want to make one with no sims and no houses in the lots.
    Like in sims 2.
  • QBUILDERZQBUILDERZ Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can only make additional copies of the two existing towns
  • deathbykittensdeathbykittens Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I want to do the same thing and make my own town... hopefully there's a way to do it soon.
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2009
    There will be a tool available, hopefully soon, which will allow us to create towns from scratch.
  • Spike4072Spike4072 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yea, I want to make a new town, and it won't let me...
    I reeealllly want to make one with no sims and no houses in the lots.
    Like in sims 2.
    Cant you use the town editor to evict all the sims and remove the houses from the lots?
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2009
    Missaaliyah812, that is a big relief; I'm really looking forward to that.

QBUILDERZ, could you share how to make copies? Do you mean empty copies; just the terrain?
    Spike4072 wrote:
    Cant you use the town editor to evict all the sims and remove the houses from the lots?

That would be inefficient, because The Sims games (by default) generate new, random sims. I asked in another thread if there are hacks that prevent repeats and regenerations. Do you have any info on this?

#FixThePersonalities
  • Spike4072Spike4072 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    sketches wrote:
    That would be inefficient, because The Sims games (by default) generate new, random sims. I asked in another thread if there are hacks that prevent repeats and regenerations. Do you have any info on this?
    Hmm nope sorry. I didn't know it refilled like that.
  • QBUILDERZQBUILDERZ Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You could use town editor, bin all sims on the lots and demolish everything, then you would have an emtpy hood. As for creatign a new hood...

1 - click options
    2 - Edit town
    3 - Make your changed
    5 - Save as...
    6 - Give it a new name
    7 - When you start up next time you will notice you can choose between 4 copies of that neighborhood (this process uses up only 1 of the 4)
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks, Q, you are a lot of help. :mrgreen:

#FixThePersonalities
  • mutantleadermutantleader Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is a bit disappointing. I was expecting there to be a selection of numerous towns (like S2), but at least for now there are two. I just found out about the downloadable 2nd town.

I do see how the construction of town/landscape roads is more complicated by the addition of real time sim town travel.
  • naruto_master201naruto_master201 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    but completely erasing a town is also inefficient, the sims creators should develop a software that we can use to make towns from scratch. Like building roads and adding rivers and mountains.
  • JtracJtrac Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    but completely erasing a town is also inefficient, the sims creators should develop a software that we can use to make towns from scratch. Like building roads and adding rivers and mountains.

Something of that magnitude would require the integration of Sim City with The Sims 3 which would be alright with me, but that's two entirely different programs woven into one. It could take some time considering the complexity of both games.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2009
    I just want to be able to add my own lots anywhere I want, that would be nice.
    I hope that they do come out with a town editor soon. so we can create towns or at least roads and lots.
  • HolikarHolikar Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I say they should jus make the roads and terrain and we should be able to place the lots. Also you can set the storythingy off so I beleive everything (ageing marraige and such)is optional. Read the um update it says they made it so you can freeze that stuff.

I also really want a gift thing. Where you can give presents for birthdays and such. And where they like get excited depending on the gift. Also have more portable things. And make other things more portable. Like if you give your sim a Desktop they can find some place to use it and like they know they own it if they are given it as a prez.

I would also like to see the Male/Female Bathroom Doors and the lockable doors.
  • evelyntruittevelyntruitt Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    what i want to know is there a way you can crate a community lot for shopping for clothes like in sims2 i want my sims to buy clothes to change as in sims2 i tried myself but i cant any ideas
  • SuperaMatrisSuperaMatris Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I've been saying since the Sims 1 that they should merge most of the aspects of the sims with SimCity. I mean, some people really like building houses and such -- which you cannot do in SimCity last I saw -- and some people like controlling the sims, but also want to have the space to do it.

I hate how you cant even add new lots!! Its rediculous! It would have been easy for them to make it where you can buldoze any space next to a road and add and empty lot. Grr... they removed the option completely!

Frankly, in terms of editing the town, I think the Sims 3 stinks like a rotten egg!! I agree with someone else who said it is more like Sims 2.5 than the sims 3. They didnt change enough to warrant calling it a new one! :P

~Zoey
  • DOLPHYDOLPHY Posts: 18 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Xuchilbara wrote:
    I heard that we'll have to wait till New software is released for making new towns.

any idea when this new software is coming? i really want to make my own town because i don't like my custom sims to mix with those already in the game. ):
  • Francis123PFrancis123P Posts: 1,034 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Actually, the reason why EA doesn't want us to add new lots to the neighborhoods is because the game might add some new areas in them along with further EP's... :)

For exemple, it didn't matter if we added lots in our Sims 2 neighborhoods because Nightlife added a separate downtown- if we get a downtown area in The Sims 3, it's likely that this area will be connected to Sunset Valley by a new road or something like that, which will require some free neighborhood space... :?
  • EDGERTONEDGERTON Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    i hope the allow u to in the new sims 3 coming out will let us make towns :evil:
  • PlyC676PlyC676 Posts: 1
    edited May 2010

they have..its more easy said than done, i wish it was like the sims 2 in the case of towns. ughh!
  • GagaSimsGagaSims Posts: 3,479 New Member
    edited May 2010
    There is a Create-A-World Tool out.
  • Shane200542Shane200542 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    how name new lots placed in the town
  • WoWtina7WoWtina7 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    sims3 imo was a waste of money. i expected it to be better than sims2 when in reality, ide rather keep playing sims2. thr graphics are horrible, you cant create your own towns, etc.. def a disapointment out of EA Games. ive liked every sims game except sims3 :-/
    owell, back to world of warcraft!
  • Kate99879987Kate99879987 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    They have a tool that lets you make new towns. Google "how do I make a new town on sims 3?" and hit the first page.