Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA Coperate, The Hush Hush is Killing Enthusiasm

It's true.

I understand maybe you want sales to be high for ITF, and a new world or whatever. However, there are people that will buy TS4 and the last things about TS3.

I don't understand why you are not allowing more information out about TS4. Is it really the most anticipated game in the series ever? You wouldn't know it by the lack of info or legit dicussions players could have if they knew more.

The negativity is stemming from a lack of knowledge...the more you stay quite the more negative we become. It makes us wonder what are you trying to pull?..yes, some of us are that parnoid. :lol:

And it makes this forum as dull as watching a snail crawl.

I would assume you would want to have 'happy' threads and cheering and oohs and awes....instead of the same people, same subjects over and over..killing the enthusiasm.

What else can we do..we can't really make a long list of what we would like to see in the game.

For one reason, because we haven't seen the game...just a few tools.

Therefore, we don't want to get our wishes dashed by someone saying can't be done because of 'such and such' so we don't waste our time making suggestions when we have no idea how this game works, performs and or will be able to handle such things.

We could request open restaurant..but we have no idea if this requires rabbit holes or not...so why bother asking?

You really are causing players to become disgusted with the lack of 'knowledge' about this game.

You can't feed a beasty animal one or two fish and expect it not go into a rage months later because it hasn't had anything to sustain it for months.

Do you want happy thread? Do you want oohs and awes? Then you are going to have to loose the rumors, and show people something more than easy build tools, and easy CAS tools.

Is the trailer for game enough? No. All it shows is we can make Sims jump through hoops..not enough info. You can talk all day in blogs, and or on Twitter, and or Tumblr, however, until you show people visuals of game play and more, they aren't going to grasp the depth and or hard work you are putting into this game. Let alone if it is worth it's current price.

You are really treating your long time Simmers with little respect.

Are they getting testy, negative and ancy, yes..but it is your fault.

It's not 'coy' to keep on not saying anything. It is more like the old saying..'how to kill a bad product? advertise it.'

If you don't want people to start believing that and ruining this game before it gets out to the shelves, then why aren't you promotting it more..showing more to fans/consumers?

We already knew more than half of what happens in TS3 by the time the game was supposedly going to be released from early 2008 to Feb. 2009...but you really are ruining the aniticipation this time with this hush, hush attitude.

It's only making people say 'meh'..whateva...no big deal..I'll check it out next year...poor way to make us want this game, EA>

Show us the game, so we can discuss what we like..we know about CAS, we know about building tools..and that is all. We have seen how you staged the trailer but know nothing else...six months of nothing but a few tidbits about the new tools is just silly.

ETA: Please don't misunderstand EA, you can remark all day about multitasking, and how emotions affects my Sim's personality...but until 'I' see it then there is no point in discussing or guessing you are wasting my time...and that is a bad thing for some of us..either use the bowl or get off the bowl. Show some gumption and show us what you have, either we like it or we don't. Let us move on.

Surprise, we might like what we see..but not until we see it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    Into the Future will be released soon, so I'm positive EA will announce a live broadcast or will post more information after that.

Paitence Cine! Isn't part of the fun on release day discovering what surprises the game has? Although I definitely agree more informaion is needed so more simmers can either get excited about this new series, or alternately, decide Sims4 isn't for them. But to claim all the negativity is EA's fault is neither fair nor accurate. We generate that all by ourselves. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    Into the Future will be released soon, so I'm positive EA will announce a live broadcast or will post more information after that.

Paitence Cine! Isn't part of the fun on release day discovering what surprises the game has? Although I definitely agree more informaion is needed so more simmers can either get excited about this new series, or alternately, decide Sims4 isn't for them. But to claim all the negativity is EA's fault is neither fair nor accurate. We generate that all by ourselves. :)

Really? Did you know I knew more about TS3 traits by the time they released FT in TS2 than we have heard about TS4? And that TS3 was an open world, (main feature) and Sims would ultimately age up and get married and have kids on their own in TS3 by the time they released the last EP for TS2? Which was nine months before TS3 was released.

Or that there was a YA life stage in TS3 without a Uni EP by the time they released FT (in early 2008).

What do we know six months from release date of TS4 about TS4? Do we know how the other lifestates look..no.

Do we know thirty traits identifiers yet? no

Do we know if the hood is open or not..no.
    Do we know what the 'creature' is in TS4..no but we did for TS3 while still playing TS2.

Do we know if careers are all hands on...maybe..but what new careers do we know..already knew more than half of them in for TS3 by the time they released the last EP (months before) in TS2.

Sorry, but I feel it's time to leave this forum..if I can... :lol: and forget about TS4..the info right now or better yet lack of..is about as much fun as watching turtles race.

Of course it's EA's fault..they decide what gets told and shown..and you can only beat a dead horse..( New CAS and Building Tools)...to death for so long. :lol:

And btw, there is no promise they will 'show' anything after ITF is released...I have a bridge I need to unload if you are believeing that...

Don't hold your breath waiting on new, exciting game videos of TS4 after ITF is launched.

Yaking all day about what is in the game on a blog isn't up to par with showing people what is in the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar, you post on TS4 boards here every day. I personally have seen you create almost 20 threads in a week about this. So using yourself as an example, is the enthusiasm really dying? I think not... :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Cinebar, you post on TS4 boards here every day. I personally have seen you create almost 20 threads in a week about this. So using yourself as an example, is the enthusiasm really dying? I think not... :lol:

I beg to differ, I may respond to several threads but no I don't post or have ever made twenty threads in a week. It just seems that way since there is so little news in 'visuals' for TS4. :mrgreen:

What you see is me posting a new thread every few days about something I don't like or I do like or wish the game..and since there aren't that many 'new' threads on this forum it just looks like I made bunches of new threads all in one week. :wink:

I bump some threads because someone replied, and or I find threads that I agree about and reply to those. But no never have I posted 20 threads in one week. Not even I can stand to be here that much.

It's only because there aren't any new ones it seems that way..my name on everything. :lol:

But you have to admit it is pretty boring around here. How long to they expect us to discuss the CAS features and or the build mode features.

This is the end of Oct. and that is all we have been shown in six months since the end of April.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Really? Did you know I knew more about TS3 traits by the time they released FT in TS2 than we have heard about TS4? And that TS3 was an open world, (main feature) and Sims would ultimately age up and get married and have kids on their own in TS3 by the time they released the last EP for TS2? Which was nine months before TS3 was released.

Or that there was a YA life stage in TS3 without a Uni EP by the time they released FT (in early 2008).

What do we know six months from release date of TS4 about TS4? Do we know how the other lifestates look..no.

Do we know thirty traits identifiers yet? no

Do we know if the hood is open or not..no.
    Do we know what the 'creature' is in TS4..no but we did for TS3 while still playing TS2.

Do we know if careers are all hands on...maybe..but what new careers do we know..already knew more than half of them in for TS3 by the time they released the last EP (months before) in TS2.

Sorry, but I feel it's time to leave this forum..if I can... :lol: and forget about TS4..the info right now or better yet lack of..is about as much fun as watching turtles race.

Of course it's EA's fault..they decide what gets told and shown..and you can only beat a dead horse..( New CAS and Building Tools)...to death for so long. :lol:

And btw, there is no promise they will 'show' anything after ITF is released...I have a bridge I need to unload if you are believeing that...

Don't hold your breath waiting on new, exciting game videos of TS4 after ITF is launched.

Yaking all day about what is in the game on a blog isn't up to par with showing people what is in the game.

They've confirmed a release date? I did not know that. Last I heard it was coming in 2014 but no month. So We could potentially have another 12 months or more before the game actually gets released.

I was also on The Sims2 forums when Sims3 was announced and I remember they did have a lot more information ready to give us. The fact the same is not for Sims4 tells me they may not be ready for release in April. Which also tells me EA may have been either forced to play their hand early, due to fear of leaks, or plain bad marketing.

And I stand by my saying no-one "makes" you respond negatively. Granted, I'm getting a little tired of the "no comments" and lack of information as well. But I choose whether to respond negative, positive, or impartial. I'm choosing to tell myself I will wait until after ITF is released and see if they give us a date for a live broadcast or more information.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No, a release date has not been confirmed yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hasn't the embargo on animations come and gone already? What did we learn we didn't know from all those mag. articles and or interviews a month ago? nothing that I can put a finger on.

What was the point? I expected the YibSims to be able to tell us a lot more after they lifted the embargo on animations..but strangely, nothing.

I don't see any fansites showing or talking about what was supposed to be such big secrets with an embargo. That is a point..why have one if there was nothing to gleen from it or to show fans in the first place?

It was made to seem like we would be seeing all kinds of videos of animations..nope, and or at least one more or getting the low down on what we haven't already been told..but does anyone know what was such a big deal to make them have an embargo and not be allowed to tell us anything?

What was the news after the embargo..nothing I know of.

And nothing we hadn't already read, so nothing new to talk about or get excited about on that front either.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

The animations are on SimsVIP.com. There were a few things- so go take a look.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Nothing new. And certaintly if you think about it, it hasn't sparked that much interest over here or we would all be oohing and awing. EA needs to step up their game if they want people to keep talking and or hype it up, because no news is bad for a game. People lose interest and go find something to do for a few more years in game world and I think that is exactly what I am going to do. Spend my money somewhere else.

I will wait one week...(call me Chester... :wink: Hi Chester how are you?) LOL...to see if they show us anymore, then I'm done. :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Nothing new. And certaintly if you think about it, it hasn't sparked that much interest over here or we would all be oohing and awing. EA needs to step up their game if they want people to keep talking and or hype it up, because no news is bad for a game. People lose interest and go find something to do for a few more years in game world and I think that is exactly what I am going to do. Spend my money somewhere else.

I will wait one week...(call me Chester... :wink: Hi Chester how are you?) LOL...to see if they show us anymore, then I'm done. :wink:

It's been eight weeks since it was announced. We have two trailers, a gamescon official video, and lots of screenshots. So, all of that in eight weeks: we are doing pretty good. if you're so impatient, go play something else. Being negative and demanding isn't going to make TS4 happen any faster, dear. :wink:
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can understand them not wanting to hurt ITF sales, as I've said in other threads, but I do kind of agree. I wasn't expecting loads until after ITF, but I did think they'd say something else to make sure the hype kept going... especially after that official article with 10 "facts" about the game, where more than half of them turned out to be "translation errors" on EA's side.

I'm hoping, though, that it'll only be a few weeks more now until we get a little more. With ITF coming out this week, the Store is now the only thing keeping TS3 going, so I'm sure we'll start to hear a little more.

There is one thing I diagree with you on, though, Cinebar; that's about what we knew about TS3 nine months before release. Firstly, those three things you mentioned, we knew about 5 months before release, not 9, because TS3 was, at that time, planned for February 2009. It wasn't until February that it was pushed back to June. Secondly, traits, the open neighbourhood and story progression were the main features of TS3. We know what the main feature of TS4 is already; emotions.

MinDtriKz - TS4 was announced 26 weeks ago, actually. 6th May 2013.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2013
    The older I get the more I realize that patience is indeed a virtue. Being impatient, getting anxious and having the dying of curiosity feeling isn't going to get information any faster. They'll release info on their schedule.

Right now there isn't even a release date. At sites offering preorders I've seen dates that vary from March 2014 to January 2014. I refuse to get my panties in a bunch over something that might not happen for a year.

I am looking forward to more information and I'm looking forward to the release of the game but getting impatient isn't going to change a thing.

As far as lack of information causing arguments and negative reactions.....I don't see that as EA's fault. People choose to post what they do.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think that if they didn't have the 'hiccup' with SimCity and have to redo so much we would have more information at this point. I think that altered so much that they rehad to do so they released what they did already since that wasn't changed.
  • Options
    Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

I beg to differ, I may respond to several threads but no I don't post or have ever made twenty threads in a week. It just seems that way since there is so little news in 'visuals' for TS4. :mrgreen:

What you see is me posting a new thread every few days about something I don't like or I do like or wish the game..and since there aren't that many 'new' threads on this forum it just looks like I made bunches of new threads all in one week. :wink:

I bump some threads because someone replied, and or I find threads that I agree about and reply to those. But no never have I posted 20 threads in one week. Not even I can stand to be here that much.

It's only because there aren't any new ones it seems that way..my name on everything. :lol:

But you have to admit it is pretty boring around here. How long to they expect us to discuss the CAS features and or the build mode features.

This is the end of Oct. and that is all we have been shown in six months since the end of April.

The sims 4 was announced on 6th May (my birthday) not the end of April.
  • Options
    lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:

And you think right, MinDtriKz. I am still enthused to the fullest.

We all will see when TS4 is released. Patience....
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can empathize with Cinebar's impatience. The embargo thing was especially ridiculous. There was NOTHING new after the embargo so what was the point? It's things like that have made me lose enthusiasm for TS4. I do like the new look of the Sims. I don't think we've really seen anything at all that tells us what the world will look like (despite the one or two pictures). And hearing about emotions and new animations is fine but an IN-GAME trailer would go a long way towards appeasing my irritation.

I've said over and over that I want to love TS4. I want it to be the game we didn't get when we got TS3 (although there are things I adore about TS3 - like the open world and CASt). I'm afraid TS4 will be a step back and that is why EA is afraid to release any info.

With absolutely zero news about the game, or even about when we'll hear more regarding the game, my patience does start to wear a little thin, and it makes me worry that the game will not be worth buying.

So, yes, I'm trying to be patient but I totally understand the frustration and impatience of many in the community.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree, I'm kind of losing interest. All I'm focused on now are the things they confirmed won't be in the game like CASt, right now I just want something to be excited about, and seeing gameplay might fix that.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can't think of a reason why there hasn't been any information released.

If they really are having to completely change the game to accommodate an offline mode, then that would be one explanation.

I can't imagine that the game is that far from release. As big of a market they have with the online store, they don't generate as much money as an expansion back would. Sims 4 will probably be out in the Spring of next year, that is about 6 months from now, and will give the team time to hopefully step up their marketing campaign. Relying on a handful of people to generate hype instead of directly talking about features themselves isn't working out so well.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited October 2013
    Personally, I felt Sims 4 was shoved in our face suddenly then put on a top shelf. A lot of things about Sims 4 makes me just wish Sims 3 was continued (yes, I am upset about things that are still getting posted about from when we first found out, like seriously I had stopped coming here (Sims 4 forums) I am just so bored waiting for my ITTF to download/install :lol: ) but I'll still probably play Sims 4 cause I love the Sims! If they at least come out with EPs I think I'd enjoy despite the elements in Sims 4 I don't like.

But what is with the timing it seems it was all centralized of the games com or whatever it was. It spread out interest and split the community, I think this was a poor move cause you have people ready to bury Sims 3 6 feet deep and then you have a lot of people thinking Sims 4 is a step back and then left it all hanging (I am ready for more info but I am losing more and more interest). How can I get over the things I don't like if I don't get more information more details?

I have no patience for that sort of nonsense, either let the fans have news on your new product on a regular basis from announcement of the game or DON'T tell me anything till you can or till you have a release date so I can at least count down X /

Sorry P's and Q's and my vent for the day :P ;)
  • Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think they're waiting for after the EP release. Granted, they did announce more with TS3, but they seem to be keeping it a bit more quiet this time around. I agree though... I'm getting anxious and check YouTube regularly for new gameplay videos and announcements. For now, I just keep playing TS3 and am really looking forward to ITF!! :-)
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It really is very sad for Simmers who like to buy each new edition to have to wait six months from time of announcement until now..to have to wait to get a few visuals.

EA is failing imho on keeping a person like me interested. Which my all odds is probably a good thing for them. :lol: Perhaps some of us will go away and leave them to their online freenzy type game play.

However, because this game was deemed to be in 'early development' stated in all interviews, they should have never announced it without more to be seen. I haven't been waiting six months EA,(Since May) I have been waiting since the release of TS3 in June of 2009.

So, asking some players to be patient is like asking me to wait until the railroad was built across country..which by the way seems to have went faster than the time it has taken to show us anything more. :lol:

A half of year has gone by people (6 months) and we still don't know if this game allows players to control family members...hmm...far fetched? Maybe not, depends on what type of game this really is doesn't it?

We haven't seen but what? two in game screen shots of some houses. No idea if this game is open world or not...six months later.

No idea if Aspirations this time generate some type of object reward that enhances a Sim's life or makes them fail and die like in TS2.

No idea whether there is a creature (vamp, or something else) in the basegame...and if it is just another Sim or with some sort of powers, etc.

No idea if babies have legs this time. Six months and nothing about how to build your own neighborhoood, if you even can...or if you can only choose from predetermined cube sizes to build a house.

No idea if this game requires rabbit holes for everything or if some open venues are possible or even if community lots this time are reserved for a later EP or DLC.

And one forced video about emotions isn't enough to sustain someone who has not been waiting on another Sim game since May, but since 2009.

What I personally think is they have as many arguments as we do about what should be in the game..though I'm sure those are called discussions.. :lol:

And still haven't decided what can be done in the game and what can't. That just me though. It's not ready, and compared to the release of TS2 and TS3, this way of marketing it is only causing players who played all three games to become annoyed and move on.

Which might be better for them, no more griping to others how this or that isn't keeping with the original concept..let them have all their intrusive online features, the Origin connection requirement ( to validate from disc) and their single lot gameplay..

If we know all that we will simply go away and find another sim type game. But they don't let the cat out of the bag just yet. :lol:

• Options
    MistyH3artMistyH3art Posts: 10
    edited October 2013
    Cine, I agree with you on the fact that this is causing paranoia. Because most of us know EA's lame game.. :D

Do you remember the time they delayed Sims 3 and people thought they were fixing bugs? Well, they thought wrong. EA only did it to make it more famous before it's release.. :?

But what I don't agree with you about is that you need to calm down.. Because if you keep looking for new details.. New details EA will announce won't be a surprise to you and it will ruin the excitement. Just think about it. :wink:

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I have no sympathy for your point of view, nor do I think EA deserves chastising.

As for the people who say the announcement was too early, consider the endless speculation threads about the Sims 4 that kept popping up in the Ideas and Feedback section. Now we have confirmation and a few details...why the rush to learn more?

Frankly, I think that even if we get more information in the next few months, it's only going to stoke up the flames of those who have already prejudged the game without seeing an iota of gameplay...especially those persons who hold up The Sims 2 as "the best Sims game evah!" and are only looking for an excuse to make comparisons. As for knowing what the Sims 3 was going to be like in advance...well...apparently a lot of people *didn't* bother to do their homework, because they were shocked, amazed and outraged to find out about the larva babies and teleporting into cars when they first bought the game... and these were game details that had been written about in the Creator's Camp.

I think a lot of us are just using this time to enjoy our Sims 3 games and want to get the most out of them before the Sims 4 comes along. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is taking a wait and see attitude and is willing to keep an open mind about the TS4 gameplay and not hurrying to rush to judgement.

In fact, I imagine we'll see a lot of flame threads aimed at EA as we get more and more details. There are some pretty determined-to-find-everything-and-anything-wrong with the Sims 4 people here, and more information isn't going to change that outlook.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited October 2013
    I remember when they started posting new information about TS4. Oh yes there were a lot of oohs and awes. People were happy, holding hands and singing unity songs!

Seriously, anybody who liked the new information was drowned about by endless threads of "disappointment" "this game will be the worst in the serious" "I think I'll stick with TS3".

But that's just my perspective. I say if your that excited about the game and need new info now otherwise your enthusiasm will crumble and die then...leave. Go away for a while. Find another hobby. Take up kayaking. Anything that will get TS4 out of your mind. Just a suggestion. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank You EA, Coperate/Maxis/EA TS4 Team for finally announcing when this game will be released as of Yesterday when I made this post.

Now, that I know it won't be until the fall of next year...long time.. :wink: I will leave you to it.

Thank you for respecting your long time consumers and finally telling us when we can expect this game on the market. Fair enough.

Good luck with it.

And BTW, the Sims in the screen shot looked much better than the first pics we saw..so that's a plus, though I still don't like the hair if that has to remain..but I will get over it..

Maxis don't forget we aren't all into online features and sharing and social media...hope we do get a good game next year....loooong time....

that we will be happy to talk about in a postivie manner if you don't forget some of us hate social features over kill. :wink:

ETA: BTW, thank you for releasing a new screen shot now something new to marvel at. Interesting tidbits of the Sims in that screen shot. I don't need much... just a few screen shots. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on