Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

coming on the Sims 4 thread

I have wanted to check on the Sims 4 thread for some new pictures or info on the Sims 4.
But for the life of me I do not know what is happening, because every time I come out here everyone is either negative or fighting.
I sure would love to find out more about the Sims 4.
It seems that no matter what topic people start it sadly turns into a bad situation.
I just want to hear something about the Sims 4, what it has, new pictures, some new news, anything that will give more incite on Sims 4.
But no, there is nothing.
What in the world has happen to everyone out here.
Even if someone tries to talk in favor of the Sims 4, it turns into another negative or fighting situation.
Well I guess there is nothing out here to hear, so I will try again later and perhaps something good will come about.
I do wish we could agree to disagree with out a negative response and jumping all over each other for what they say or think.
Have a good simming day.

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    http://simsvip.com/

That's where I go for Sims 4 news.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013

Thanks perhaps I will find better results. Although I do want to hear everyone's ideas, and things they would like to see in Sims4, just not all the bickering. It is kind of sad to see all this happening.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013

Me too.

Unfortunately, the OP is right. It's pretty sad that you have to go elsewhere just to get news updates, because whatever "news" we do get here usually turns into a mud fight
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Me too.

Unfortunately, the OP is right. It's pretty sad that you have to go elsewhere just to get news updates, because whatever "news" we do get here usually turns into a mud fight

And even when you do get news, nine times out of ten it's completely wrong when you get it here. After the last few fiascos, I determined the majority of simmers on this forum wouldn't know accurate news even if it were in the process of beating them for their lunch money.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013

Me too.

And even when you do get news, nine times out of ten it's completely wrong when you get it here. After the last few fiascos, I determined the majority of simmers on this forum wouldn't know accurate news even if it were in the process of beating them for their lunch money.

...or tazing them, beating them silly and leaving them naked behind a dumpster? :wink::lol:
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    Sims VIP is great for news. I've kept an eye on Twitter the past few days, but the Gurus are sticking to talking about TS3 things for now.

There really isn't much information at all about The Sims 4 right now. Certainly not enough to satisfy my own personal curiosity anyway. The very little bit of info that has come out has been beaten to death here, though (surely I mean this in the nicest way possible :mrgreen:). People are feeling very passionate about what will happen to TS4. I'm hoping to hear more information soon myself. There's also another Sims 4 forum, but there isn't much going on over there.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    GlamSugar wrote:
    Sims VIP is great for news. I've kept an eye on Twitter the past few days, but the Gurus are sticking to talking about TS3 things for now.

There really isn't much information at all about The Sims 4 right now. Certainly not enough to satisfy my own personal curiosity anyway. The very little bit of info that has come out has been beaten to death here, though (surely I mean this in the nicest way possible :mrgreen:). People are feeling very passionate about what will happen to TS4. I'm hoping to hear more information soon myself. There's also another Sims 4 forum, but there isn't much going on over there.

I don't mind so much that there isn't much new news, just want to hear and share in what we have in a nice way.
    It is so sad that our passion for the Sims has turned into a war. I know there are a lot of things that might be different concerning the Sims 4, and some are afraid of losing what they love so much about the sims.
    Let our passion for the Sims allow us to love one another the same.
    We will all benefit from it.
    Lets continue to voice our opinions what we want in Sims 4 and what we don't want, letting each speak his own views and respect it. We all have one thing in common and that is our love for the sims. Lets show it.
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    edited October 2013
    Evalen wrote:
    I have wanted to check on the Sims 4 thread for some new pictures or info on the Sims 4.
    But for the life of me I do not know what is happening, because every time I come out here everyone is either negative or fighting.
    I sure would love to find out more about the Sims 4.
    It seems that no matter what topic people start it sadly turns into a bad situation.
    I just want to hear something about the Sims 4, what it has, new pictures, some new news, anything that will give more incite on Sims 4.
    But no, there is nothing.
    What in the world has happen to everyone out here.
    Even if someone tries to talk in favor of the Sims 4, it turns into another negative or fighting situation.
    Well I guess there is nothing out here to hear, so I will try again later and perhaps something good will come about.
    I do wish we could agree to disagree with out a negative response and jumping all over each other for what they say or think.
    Have a good simming day.

I agree! I really haven't heard much at all. I see a lot of bickering over what should be in the game. What's not in the game. What could be in the game... But strangely none of us have heard anymore than the other. I'm just ready for some more info personally. No arguing over here at all.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG. It's so nice to come somewhere peaceful. Thank you Evalen. Big hug for you.

The same thing happened when sims3 was announced. I always have hope for calmer waters but it won't happen.

I just want information without bitterness and arguing.

Now if only EA would give us just a little more info.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OMG. It's so nice to come somewhere peaceful. Thank you Evalen. Big hug for you.

The same thing happened when sims3 was announced. I always have hope for calmer waters but it won't happen.

I just want information without bitterness and arguing.

Now if only EA would give us just a little more info.

Thank you. Hugs back to you.
    It is so nice to hear people who want peaceful talk about Sims 4, I so agree with all of you.
    I also hope that EA comes soon with some new joyful news of things to come in Sims 4, We really don't know to much right now.
    Have a great Simming day
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    Evalen wrote:

Thanks perhaps I will find better results. Although I do want to hear everyone's ideas, and things they would like to see in Sims4, just not all the bickering. It is kind of sad to see all this happening.

Being she's a "YibSib", you may not see all of the news (such as rumors, etc.). You'll mainly see official TS4, confirmed news/blogs there. If you're okay with that, then yeah, it's the best place for you but IMO the forums are honestly the best place for getting news, best of both worlds.

As for the negativity people are disappointed about TS3 development ceasing, the transition to TS4, TS4's new art style, etc. I would suggest going to the official TS4 forums, it's less negative but also a bit less active than here.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited October 2013
    I check on here every day to see if there is any new news. You would think that they would give us something, anything. What are they waiting on? As far as bickering goes, I remember when they announced the sims 3. It was the same thing. Everyone hated how they looked and this and that. It will never change as far as the negativity goes. As long as they continue to make the sims there will always be controversy.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited October 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Being she's a "YibSib", you may not see all of the news (such as rumors, etc.). You'll mainly see official TS4, confirmed news/blogs there. If you're okay with that, then yeah, it's the best place for you but IMO the forums are honestly the best place for getting news, best of both worlds.

As for the negativity people are disappointed about TS3 development ceasing, the transition to TS4, TS4's new art style, etc. I would suggest going to the official TS4 forums, it's less negative but also a bit less active than here.

Contrary to what some in the community believe, I am not on a gag order by EA. Instead, I choose to avoid losing credibility by rushing to post rumors, or asinine articles like the "solo woohoo" debacle. I even went as far as calling out EA for the official magazine confusion: http://simsvip.com/2013/09/16/sims-4-updates-simgurugraham/ I'm not controlled by EA, and never will be.

Like I've said way before any EA involvement, this is the first transition into a new series for SimsVIP, so I am taking every precaution to ensure nothing false, spreads as fact. The site has a large following, and like with any new series, precautions need to be taken.

There are plenty of sites out there that are willing to jump the gun and post unconfirmed information (be it reasonably legit or not). People are free to do as they want, but please do not run around labeling me a "YibSim", and then assume my decisions come from EA. :-)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Evalen wrote:

Yea I agree with Tanya. Alexis is an awesome simmer and she has a great site. I go to simsvip over 20 times daily. Now she's doing video reviews as well. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Also don't expect to hear anything new on the sims 4 until sometimes after into the future is out.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

Remember the solo woohoo debacle? Remember people taking the joke section of a magazine as a serious preview? Remember the weight-link emotions that spawned an actual flame war and had even me willing to go for the throats of the devs that turned out to be completely false?

Do you honestly blame me for choosing a news source that has the integrity to post only what they can confirm, and which has actually had their Sims 4 fact sheet on hold while they verify the information is accurate?

Given as much misinformation, even from EA itself, we have had on Sims 4... do you honestly blame me for going for a news source I know is not going to post something unless it's verified accurate, at least as far as they can verify?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Also don't expect to hear anything new on the sims 4 until sometimes after into the future is out.

I agree, they are working hard now on into the future and the sims 4 is a way off, so they have more time to talk about the Sims 4.
    I do hope that when they bring us something new, that everyone does not start another war. Yes everyone has the right to their opinion, but lets try an be respectful to each other, no matter what their opinion is.
    We are all different and we all like different things. It is not right or wrong to like or dislike something.
    We all love the Sims, it is my best game that I play. I love the Sims.
    Lets be just a little bit more tolerant of each other. It makes for a better world out here. I like to come out here to hear what others have to say, but please lets say it in the respectful way.
    I bet if we met some of the sim players that we seem now to fight with or call names, we would think that they would make a good friend in real life. We are on a forum, but we are real people, with real names and real feelings.