Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed By EA Decided this Spring about TS4...

Comments

• Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2013
    Personally I'm not concerned with what it might have been. What concerns me is what it will be.

Right now I'm planning on buying TS4 when it comes out. In the meantime should information that makes me unhappy comes to light I'll pass. I passed on Sim City and I could just as easily pass on TS4 if it isn't what I want.

What she said. :)

I really just wish people would stop calling other people names because they want or don't want something. Arguing and name calling isn't going to change anything.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Edit: You know what? Forget it. It's not worth the fight.

No reason to get bent out of shape. The facts speak for themselves.
    Mr. G. stated 'after feedback from SC' they decided 'TS4 would be 'built' as a single player/offline experinece.'

Note 'built'...

There is no way around the Sim in the artist concept is the Sim in the P.K. TS4 Olympus videos on his site. Even down to the boots.

Nor can you deny the 'girl' in the P.K. video with the very short hair isn't the girl's hairsytle we see in some of the pictures of TS4 (not renders)....that one has the same hairstyle but wearing a black dress...the one in P.K.'s video of TS4 Olympus has the same hair/same face but different clothes.

I just don't know why you can't see it and get so flustered with me you can't post a reply. My opinion..TS4 Olympus was an online game..that's a fact..but after SC they took what they could and are trying to get rid of the online requirements etc..or whatever..and turn it into an offline game..having to probably remove all MMO features etc.

Do you really believe they just trashed all that? I don't..and by the looks of several Sims being the same Sims we see in the new TS4 it is highly doubtful they did trash it completely.

If it was online and it was...that is why the style is what it is...and yes, Olympus, it is a second generation of Sim Social 3D (even though it didn't exist in 2010)..no matter which way you cut it..but it backfired during production and SC5's feedback...

More evidence they have salvaged what they could...blue plumbbobs. In TS2 these were on other Sims in a 'group' when you went somewhere with them etc...they are seen in the P.K. video but it wasn't clear if this was with actual friends online or just a player playing computer generated groups by themselves...but it was possible in TS2 to have groups with blue plumbbobs...

We get those back in TS4 per the features of TS4...already seen in TS4 Olympus...aka salvaged idea..and perhaps animations/interactions etc.

What I don't get is why when they realised they'd messed up royally by starting to make an online only game, they didn't push back the release date and make a few more sims3 EPs instead (lots of simmers have been begging for OfB and some sort of farm pack and there have been elements of both in the store) and release something totally awesome slightly later than planned.

From everything I've seen of the sims4 so far (and that's been very little compared to the amount of information we were getting with previous releases) it seems like a very rushed / half thought through re-working of the sims franchise.

It just feels like this is going to be a SimCity style crash and burn and as someone who adores (adored?) the sims, that makes me kind of sad.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    I skimmed this thread, but if I read correctly, you're saying that development only began this spring?

If so, I don't think it did. These new Sims look very much like their prototypes that Patrick Kelly provided (there's even a sim in the promo site that matches an Olympus sim in a black dress spot on). I think the mechanics and world were designed starting from a point in mid 2012 or something - definitely not this year; that's ridiculous to claim. I don't think they scrapped everything, but kept what was fit to keep and improve upon (which ranging from the Sims and really just the game as a whole, they did well).

I personally don't see that we're sacrificing much at all from the change in the development plans. The game looks great so far to me, has features I've been wanting for so long in the sims, a dedicated team, and (if the developers are true to their word) a game filled to the brim with content; cramming as much fun gameplay as they can into this base game.

• Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited October 2013
    Personally I'm not concerned with what it might have been. What concerns me is what it will be.

This! This! This!
    :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'mma flip ma weave n tell y'all a lill' sumthang sumthang....EA will never stop screwing us over! They're all pretending to be shiny and happy, but they know it and we know it. They bombed real big with this one, after they bombed with TS3 and it's millions of issues. But hey...the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 get something new and shiny..so who cares right? At this point, I might just convert to GTA 5 lol
    Don't waste your time or hard earned $60 there unless you're a collector.

Looks like R* took a page out of EA's marketing game book and business model. Because single player mode GTA V was grossly over hyped and not what they led fan boys to believe in the video promotions.

Ehm.. That's your opinion. THERE*S LOTS OF FANS loving this game and it's story.
    After making a record $800 million in sales the first day GTA 5 came out---and billion dollar mark over the next few days--R* has now stooped to the level of micro purchases to make even more $$$ in the online version of the game. Want more homes/customized cars/clothes with features for your character as they upgrade themselves in the crime world? Buy it with a GTA$ bundle pack! Want a pair of fingerless gloves to customize your character's look in the game? Buy it with a GTA$ bundle pack! etc. etc. :roll:

Ehm.. Once again. You've gotten this all wrong... You can buy in-game cash to level up faster and get stuff faster IF YOU want to. They don't force you to buy in-game cash for money. They just do what every game company does, makes it easier for noobs to look high skilled. Just look at CoD, BF, Halo or any other game and you'll see the same effing thing. Also Rockstar will put out FREE DLC's for GTA Online, please 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tell me when The Sims ever did that? Never! Because EA are effing money hungry!
    I also think you got confused when you talked about GTA Online purschases and The Sims Store :wink:
    Which is a first in the franchise history and hasn't gone over too well the fan base. Especially since their servers have been unreliable since game launch. R* grossly underestimated the amount of servers needed to support the fan base on launch day. To date, the GTA 5 servers have been deleting ppls characters/homes/property etc. using GTA$ bought with real money. Classic customer service & tech issue hijynx which give you a real nostalgic sense of deja vu. :lol:

Still... You can't buy in-game money yet because the servers doesn't work 100%. Rockstar isn't stupid like other companies... *Cough* EA *Cough*
    And don't tell me the Battlefield 3 servers worked fine on launch. EA's servers never works fine and never will.
    [/quote]

Please guys. Don't listen to this person spreading effing lies... :roll:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Claire17 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

Mr. G. stated 'after feedback from SC' they decided 'TS4 would be 'built' as a single player/offline experinece.'

Note 'built'...

There is no way around the Sim in the artist concept is the Sim in the P.K. TS4 Olympus videos on his site. Even down to the boots.

Nor can you deny the 'girl' in the P.K. video with the very short hair isn't the girl's hairsytle we see in some of the pictures of TS4 (not renders)....that one has the same hairstyle but wearing a black dress...the one in P.K.'s video of TS4 Olympus has the same hair/same face but different clothes.

I just don't know why you can't see it and get so flustered with me you can't post a reply. My opinion..TS4 Olympus was an online game..that's a fact..but after SC they took what they could and are trying to get rid of the online requirements etc..or whatever..and turn it into an offline game..having to probably remove all MMO features etc.

Do you really believe they just trashed all that? I don't..and by the looks of several Sims being the same Sims we see in the new TS4 it is highly doubtful they did trash it completely.

If it was online and it was...that is why the style is what it is...and yes, Olympus, it is a second generation of Sim Social 3D (even though it didn't exist in 2010)..no matter which way you cut it..but it backfired during production and SC5's feedback...

More evidence they have salvaged what they could...blue plumbbobs. In TS2 these were on other Sims in a 'group' when you went somewhere with them etc...they are seen in the P.K. video but it wasn't clear if this was with actual friends online or just a player playing computer generated groups by themselves...but it was possible in TS2 to have groups with blue plumbbobs...

We get those back in TS4 per the features of TS4...already seen in TS4 Olympus...aka salvaged idea..and perhaps animations/interactions etc.

What I don't get is why when they realised they'd messed up royally by starting to make an online only game, they didn't push back the release date and make a few more sims3 EPs instead (lots of simmers have been begging for OfB and some sort of farm pack and there have been elements of both in the store) and release something totally awesome slightly later than planned.

From everything I've seen of the sims4 so far (and that's been very little compared to the amount of information we were getting with previous releases) it seems like a very rushed / half thought through re-working of the sims franchise.

It just feels like this is going to be a SimCity style crash and burn and as someone who adores (adored?) the sims, that makes me kind of sad.

Because TS3, barely stable as it is, cannot withstand any more EPs. Sales have been declining with EP without a doubt, another reason for them to move into TS4 where they have a chance of getting a bigger profit and give in to the fans' long awaited request.

I think by choosing to go single player with the game, they've admitted they screwed up trying to force it to work as a multiplayer game. As for your EP requests, you can thank those who purchase everything from the store regardless of the ridiculous prices leading EA to choose to release those themes, half baked, into the store where people will buy them. And EA will make a bigger profit by this method than the time consuming development on EPs.

Personally, it doesn't seem rushed but I need to play the game myself to see for sure.

It's possible that it could crash and burn like SimCity and cause long time fans to just permanently leave the franchise. If that ends up happening in the possibility the base game is crap, well, well deserved EA!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Double post
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately it explains the graphics and probably the lack of CAST too.

Yep! It sure does. :?
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited October 2013

Right now I'm planning on buying TS4 when it comes out. In the meantime should information that makes me unhappy comes to light I'll pass. I passed on Sim City and I could just as easily pass on TS4 if it isn't what I want.

What she said. :)

I really just wish people would stop calling other people names because they want or don't want something. Arguing and name calling isn't going to change anything.

Names, huh? Yeah, well, you're reasonable sounding, and polite! So there (muahhahah)!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SimsTias wrote:
    I'mma flip ma weave n tell y'all a lill' sumthang sumthang....EA will never stop screwing us over! They're all pretending to be shiny and happy, but they know it and we know it. They bombed real big with this one, after they bombed with TS3 and it's millions of issues. But hey...the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 get something new and shiny..so who cares right? At this point, I might just convert to GTA 5 lol
    Don't waste your time or hard earned $60 there unless you're a collector.

Looks like R* took a page out of EA's marketing game book and business model. Because single player mode GTA V was grossly over hyped and not what they led fan boys to believe in the video promotions.

Ehm.. That's your opinion. THERE*S LOTS OF FANS loving this game and it's story.
    After making a record $800 million in sales the first day GTA 5 came out---and billion dollar mark over the next few days--R* has now stooped to the level of micro purchases to make even more $$$ in the online version of the game. Want more homes/customized cars/clothes with features for your character as they upgrade themselves in the crime world? Buy it with a GTA$ bundle pack! Want a pair of fingerless gloves to customize your character's look in the game? Buy it with a GTA$ bundle pack! etc. etc. :roll:

Ehm.. Once again. You've gotten this all wrong... You can buy in-game cash to level up faster and get stuff faster IF YOU want to. They don't force you to buy in-game cash for money. They just do what every game company does, makes it easier for noobs to look high skilled. Just look at CoD, BF, Halo or any other game and you'll see the same effing thing. Also Rockstar will put out FREE DLC's for GTA Online, please 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tell me when The Sims ever did that? Never! Because EA are effing money hungry!
    Which is a first in the franchise history and hasn't gone over too well the fan base. Especially since their servers have been unreliable since game launch. R* grossly underestimated the amount of servers needed to support the fan base on launch day. To date, the GTA 5 servers have been deleting ppls characters/homes/property etc. using GTA$ bought with real money. Classic customer service & tech issue hijynx which give you a real nostalgic sense of deja vu. :lol:

Still... You can't buy in-game money yet because the servers doesn't work 100%. Rockstar isn't stupid like other companies... *Cough* EA *Cough*
    And don't tell me the Battlefield 3 servers worked fine on launch. EA's servers never works fine and never will.
    SimTias wrote:
    Please guys. Don't listen to this person spreading effing lies... :roll:

:lol: If you hate EA so much, why the hell are you here? You seem to be a Rockstar/GTA fanboy, why don't you join their forum? Just as you said to the person you replied to, "Ehm.. That's your opinion. THERE*S LOTS OF FANS loving this game and it's story." The same goes with The Sims 4.
    SimTias wrote:
    The servers doesn't work 100%. Rockstar isn't stupid like other companies... *Cough* EA *Cough*

:lol: " It's alright their servers don't work properly! The fact I think EA is stupid makes it alright! " For the record, nobody's servers work "fine" on launch. Not Diablo 3, not SimCity, not GTA 5 (or in their case, about 4 days), however, I've had no problems with BF3's servers.

EDIT: Fixed quotes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    :lol: If you hate EA so much, why the hell are you here? You seem to be a Rockstar/GTA fanboy, why don't you join their forum? Just as you said to the person you replied to, "Ehm.. That's your opinion. THERE*S LOTS OF FANS loving this game and it's story." The same goes with The Sims 4.

Ehm.. You can't love something you haven't even played. Also The Sims story is like the worst ever...
    Save the Sims Franchise!
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    I want to point out two things about why P.K. Kelly was not right.

1. P.K. Kelly said the sims 4 online had been scrapped over 3 years ago.

A. You post a article that openly admits it had not been scrapped over 3 years ago but this year spring of 2013. Which is what many of us said in the first place that EA didn't think about abandoning it's online practices til the simcity fiasco.

2. P.K. Kelly could also not keep his story straight. First he said it was a multiplayer online, than he said it wasn't for sims 4 but another game for mobile, than he said it was for an mmo.

3. I want to point out that people still have not found any credit to this so called dev in any of the games he's said he has worked on. We have however found an employee with an similar name called Patricia Kelly.

4. I still don't believe EA scrapped its' online agenda. As dev's hinted to they still have online options that they will discuss later. Well it's been later and nothing new has been discussed, not the open world, families, lifestages, traits, customization of objects, nothing. What i do know is this it is humanly impossible to scrap a game in less than a year and then call yourself rebuilding it from scratch up. Nope it takes a game like sims to be built within 4 to 5 years and that's pushing the deadline already. So i don't even believe the online agenda is scrapped just recoded, revamped, and perhaps we'll see it later in the expansions.

Now what can I conclude, I this article doesn't tell us anything more than what we already knew, it just builds on proof that both sides of this story are lying. I suspect P.K. is either 1 a very big attention seeker. or 2 was a worker at ea paid to stir up drama and talk over sims 4. What i can see is that neither EA or this person can be trusted and I suggest that the fanbase not take seriously anything they say. The best way to know when a recipe is good is to taste it. Same with video games you can tell if this game is good by playing it or investigating the gameplay through others who have purchased it. I think all of us are going to have to exercise caution with sims 4 and be careful not to rush out and buy just yet. But be just as wary falling for the P.K. fiasco as well as he's not truthful either.

What I wanted you to see is Frank G. stated in the article this spring (after SC) they decided to 'build' TS4 as a single player offline experience.

People can take that ever how the comprehend it. Does it mean they just started on it this spring? I kind of doubt it...and if it doesn't mean they just started on TS4 (and hoping to finish it in one year) then to 'me' that means the game we saw on P.K.'s site 'was' the original TS4 to be released and was the game they had been working on since 2010.

The man had to work for EA...or he wouldn't have had a demo on his site now would he? Especially, since both games TS4 Olympus and TS4 now, has the same Sims in them...go figure...

I do not believe the person that showed up on MTS here while back was P.K...for my own reasons...and I don't recall the person ever saying it 'was for mobile' on his site..people assumed that...nope Urosh said it was a different game and for mobile and not the real TS4 PC game...we had argument about it..I said it was TS4 orignally and he said no..mobile game..didn't matter still looks like for an iPAD (both of them)..Olympus and the new TS4...and with the same Sims in them..

I have never thought they trashed TS4 Olympus..just took it and started changing it is what I personally think.

And no P.K. on his site never did say they dumped it 3 years ago..the comment was made the dumped the idea last year..which would have been 2012... right after SC per Frank G..saying they 'decided' how TS4 would work..offline..(my words).

I agree with you I think what we saw in the survey is in this next game..and I am curious to know how much of hook there is to the online features...like SC...because it was online they had to change it after server failure and make worlds etc. smaller...that is one reason I really do hate mixing two type of games..online/offline..offline always get the short end of the stick.

Cinebar im not going to sit here and argue with you. He's been quoted several times saying they scrapped the game years ago, his own website said it, he's said it, and even on mod the sims he's said it. And also said it was possible to start the game over from being scrapped in less than a year. He's had such a wide variety of tails that no one can sit here and say which one he said was true or not. That's why he's a questionable character as well.

The guy even had a gift saying 3 years of work were lost. What you an urosh argued about was the fact he had all that posted to his website than days later would take it down. Urosh was proving a point that you can't trust what the guy was saying because he couldn't keep his story straight point blank. Frankly i think it was him on mod the sims because the moment people challenged what he said he took off. Something he's been known for, wanting praise without criticism.

Anyway believe what you want but i don't trust either one. Not P.K. and for sure not EA. Like i said it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the online portion of this game show up later in expansions. I for sure don't believed the scrapped the game at all. I believe it's the same game they've been working on the last 4 years and EA found some way to create drama to detract from the real problems with the game. Which is one it probably is way over prices with way too much content in the store and less in the game. Two the game is probably full of glitches and problems again. Three it most surely has online play and lacks content but they don't want you to focus on that. Lack of CAST and color wheel is odd for a singleplayer game, seems to me what they really want to happen is not having server files altered. We'll have to see right now almost zero gameplay has been released to the public and we've got what 6 months left to release. You'd think by now we'd have seen some kind of demo.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SimsTias wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

Ehm.. You can't love something you haven't even played. Also The Sims story is like the worst ever...

How is it the worst?

If you think the story in The Sims is horrible, it is because YOU didn't improve on it. The story of The Sims is what you make it. You can make a family, make their background, and control it from there.

I think The Sims Series has a magnificent storyline, because I have so much fun coming up with the stories.
    It is only bad if you make it bad.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:
    SimsTias wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

How is it the worst?

If you think the story in The Sims is horrible, it is because YOU didn't improve on it. The story of The Sims is what you make it. You can make a family, make their background, and control it from there.

I think The Sims Series has a magnificent storyline, because I have so much fun coming up with the stories.
    The Story of the Sims have always been about the Goth family...
    Save the Sims Franchise!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SimsTias wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:
    SimsTias wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

How is it the worst?

The Story of the Sims have always been about the Goth family...

Huh?
    No it hasn't.

The Goth's are a very popular family, whos' story is only one of many in the franchise. It in nowhere states that The Goth Family is the cannon family, or that their story/background are the cannon story/background of the series.

The Goth's are just extremely successful and that is why they are in every game. The story and the world doesn't revolve around them, it revolves around the stores and the Sims' that you create and mould.

I could easily make a story just as great as 'The Last Of Us' using a few Sims' in any of the games. All it takes is imagination. The Sims is one of the most story influenced series in the universe of gaming.
    Because you can tell and create so many different, unique stories.

It doesn't have a horrible story, and that story does not in any way revolve around The Goth Family.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2013
    @SimsTias Why are you here? Honest question. Why are you playing the Sims, have registered a forum account, and have made over 1k posts if you hate the Sims as much as you seem to?

Anyway, to the rest of the argument, my two cents are this: whether or not it was a game before, was scrapped or rewritten, what have you...TS4 might end up being a good game. Or bad. We won't know until we play. I think whether or not it was an online-turned-offline game or whatever it may be is a little beside the point. Who cares? If it's good, it's good. It doesn't matter what it USED to be, as long as it's good now.

@Fordee09, love the siggie. I think that's from Mad Love...
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    siennaSTAR wrote:
    @SimsTias Why are you here? Honest question. Why are you playing the Sims, have registered a forum account, and have made over 1k posts if you hate the Sims as much as you seem to?

Anyway, to the rest of the argument, my two cents are this: whether or not it was a game before, was scrapped or rewritten, what have you...TS4 might end up being a good game. Or bad. We won't know until we play. I think whether or not it was an online-turned-offline game or whatever it may be is a little beside the point. Who cares? If it's good, it's good. It doesn't matter what it USED to be, as long as it's good now.

@Fordee09, love the siggie. I think that's from Mad Love...

Yeah!!! A voice of reason within the looney bin!! Seriously, why are we even fighting about this??? I mean seriously For the love of plumbbob, can we not wait awhile for more information before hammering this 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

If Sims4 turns out to be a dismal fail, we'll all know soon enough. What difference does it make at this point how it started out? If EA originally planned this to be a mock-up of the Facebook game and it ends up as egg on their face....then it end up as egg on face. Why are we fighting about may or may not have happened?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    The point of my thread was to confirm what others were arguing about in another thread. Some still thought it was a rumor 'when' EA decided to make TS4 an offline game..not if they did but when and why 'I' feel it looks the way it does.

Look if they will remove an Origin requirement for disc I will probably this game, later once I get the low down how it really plays from other players.

As a matter of fact I thought the 'Sims' in the TS4 Olympus looked pretty good..at least I saw detail on the Sims, furniture and walls etc.

It looked pretty good to me. But this game doesn't look like that..it's the same Sims but not with detail..
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Why does TS4 look the way it does? Check out what Frank G. said 'when' they decided TS4 would be an offline/single player game..

No more speculating it was or wasn't a salvaged online game..P.K. was right, BeyondSims was right back in 2010 when they said InSims found out TS4 was an online game...

This may answer many questions why TS4 looks like it does...and it imho, confirms the TS4 Olympus was the TS4 'before this spring'...and dropped after SC...or perhaps even salvaged to become the TS4 we are seeing today.

Or it means they just started production of TS4 for real..this spring..either way...here is his statements..in case you missed them...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/simcity-*********-2-million/1100-6411970/

ETA: Quoted here:

In addition, the feedback EA received from gamers following SimCity's launch helped inspire the company to make 2014's The Sims 4 an offline game, Gibeau said.

"In the last few months, we have started making changes to the business practices that gamers clearly don't like," Gibeau said. "In the spring, we dropped our online pass program for ************** next-generation and current-generation. We listened to the feedback on SimCity and decided that The Sims 4 would be built as a single-player, offline experience."

This doesn't suprise me. I kind of thought that the sims 4 was originally suppose to be online only but then they decided to change it to single player after simcity 5.

Why do I think this?

Because the game is still in pre-alpha. They've been working on it for years but they must have had to start over to make it a single player game. This is one reason I think this game is going to get delayed possibly to Fall of 14 because it seems like their behind.

At anyrate I'm not complaining. I have faith that EA will make this a great single player mode game even if I have to wait till December of next year to buy it. They seem to be trying to fix some of the issues that the sims 3 had and I'm glad.

If I have to wait the store will continue to pump out more premium content and store worlds so hopefully that will keep me busy till 4 is out.

EA has some great people on board like Grant,Graham,Laurin,Racheal,Cool Mr Ryan Awesome Vauhn and so many many more I can't name them all but I think that they will take sims 4 into a great direction.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    CLP :lol:

As nice as all those Gurus are and Ryan is awesome, yes, I am hoping those who are on the team who were on the TS1 team and continued in the TS2 teams...have some pull of what should go into this game..per the view of the TS1 and TS2 players. :lol:

I'm pulling for the those earlier developers to have much more say than let's say a TS3 team member that didn't work on either TS1 or TS2. :mrgreen:

No offense guys, but I didn't like your game so much (TS3)..and hoping the 'original' devs get more say... :mrgreen:

Ryan, and others you get a pass since you worked on TS2 and are aware how we wanted that game to play....and the next one.. :P
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

Note 'built'...

It actually had nothing to do with that and more to do with the fact that this has got to be your 20+ thread speaking negatively about the game, of which you seem to post them daily and all ultimately centering around the same topic. Like I said though it really isn't worth the fight at this point, I just wanted to clarify so other people wouldn't get the wrong idea.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Wrong. Point out where I have posted 20 threads about 'why TS4's art style is what it is' ????

Don't think so. Sure back in June when everyone was discussing the leaked videos..posted as pictures on SimsVIP, I said I felt the TS4 was an online game/flash game etc...turned out to be true..but they dropped the idea and I was just finally pointing out the proof in this thread by the man himself...

Never have given the proof EA change their minds due to SC..but here it is in black and white. We all suspected it..and even one Guru just recently said it had nothing to do with SC5 why TS4 is offline...but I wanted to show the community which has a right to know, from the man himself.. Frank G. said it did.
  • Options
    Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited October 2013
    What's wrong with that? All they said was the sims 4 isn't going to be online, something we knew since 6th May 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    What's wrong with that? All they said was the sims 4 isn't going to be online, something we knew since 6th May 2013

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it. What I am pointing out is 'if' TS4 Was in production 3 or 4 years ago..to be online, and perhaps more of an MMO sort of type game or something..or even CO OP they ditched it after SC..and have to build it to be a single player. And have promised it will be released first quarter of the year. (Did originally).

O.k. that would explain why no CASt..if online game, first..because you wouldn't want a CASt for an online game for many reasons..

And would explain why the Sims in TS4 look exactly like the Sims in TS4's Olympus (online game)....

And why this game is supposedly in 'pre alpha' after 4 years....

That is the point..salvaged...not saying they can't pull it off...but explains the pre alpha, the same Sims, the lack of CASt and the art style.

Unless you want to believe it isn't salvaged because the game would have been built single player from the start and not multi player as was TS4 Olympus..then that would mean (if not salvaged) they just now started production.

Either way, is it a strange staement to say 'we decided to 'build' TS4 as a single player game/offline 'after' feedback from SC.
  • Options
    Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Graceey_72 wrote:

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it. What I am pointing out is 'if' TS4 Was in production 3 or 4 years ago..to be online, and perhaps more of an MMO sort of type game or something..or even CO OP they ditched it after SC..and have to build it to be a single player. And have promised it will be released first quarter of the year. (Did originally).

O.k. that would explain why no CASt..if online game, first..because you wouldn't want a CASt for an online game for many reasons..

And would explain why the Sims in TS4 look exactly like the Sims in TS4's Olympus (online game)....

And why this game is supposedly in 'pre alpha' after 4 years....

That is the point..salvaged...not saying they can't pull it off...but explains the pre alpha, the same Sims, the lack of CASt and the art style.

Unless you want to believe it isn't salvaged because the game would have been built single player from the start and not multi player as was TS4 Olympus..then that would mean (if not salvaged) they just now started production.

Either way, is it a strange staement to say 'we decided to 'build' TS4 as a single player game/offline 'after' feedback from SC.

I don't think it's still in pre-alpha. I think what they were showing us is the pre-alpha version of the game because their marketing statacy is to only revel as much information that will get us talking. I think the game is probably in alpha.

I think they got rid of CASt because we asked for better genetics as with endless hair and eye colours then it's too completed to code, that's why sim's offspring look like clones of one of their parents, but I think they could have included but with 4 hair and eye colour opinions for the roots so we can still dye it but I think EA is too lazy to do that. Another idea is as part of their marketing staatacy they all of a sudden decide to add it back in and say that they've done it because they've "listened to their fans". Another idea is that EA's too lazy. Another idea is because we asked for the game to be "more like the sims 2" so maybe EA think that we don't like the sims 3 at all.