March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will sims 4 be more mature / adult?

I was just wondering if sims 4 will be more mature , I guess what I mean by mature is more adult. I know teens play the game too, but there are some of us who wish the game to be more adult.
(I don't mean sex wise or anything just mature)

am I the only one who wishes the game to be more adult?

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    EA was apparently told to tone it down with TS3 after TS2 by the ESRB, if they wanted to keep their T rating. However, judging from the gameplay trailer and the feedback from the fans, yeah, I think it would be less "kiddy" than TS3 was.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is against site rules to talk about.

So, actually, EA itself opposes this. To the point they outright tell us not to discuss it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    No it will not be more adult.

This explains the 'tone' of the game right here..

They removed 'random meteor deaths' because it wasn't 'fair'....

What does that say loudly? geared toward ten year olds is what it sounds like..those that might 'cry' themselves to sleep if a Sim died of random death...

A expect to see more kiddie coddling in TS4 even more so than in TS3...

Another example..you will get plenty of 'warnings' in game if your Sim is about to 'expire'.... :roll:

ETA: Kiddie coddling..boohoo my Sim died of meteor strike...unmature audience...or more adult/teen audience- Sim died, deal with it, it's a Sim..that is what I mean by the 'tone' of the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    No it will not be more adult.

This explains the 'tone' of the game right here..

They removed 'random meteor deaths' because it wasn't 'fair'....

What does that say loudly? geared toward ten year olds is what it sounds like..those that might 'cry' themselves to sleep if a Sim died of random death...

A expect to see more kiddie coddling in TS4 even more so than in TS3...

Another example..you will get plenty of warnings in game if your Sim is about to 'expire'.... :roll:

I like having control over ALL of my Sims', thank you very much.
    And I think it was nice of them to mention that our Sims' are about to die, it'll give us plenty of time for the people who actually don't want that Sim(s) to die.

Sure; they took out a bit of challenge, but, I'm perfectly fine with these changes. When I play The Sims, I take the role of 'God'. I wish to control each and every inch of my Sims' life.

The Sims could very well be more mature then previous instalments, you can't judge its tone from just a bit of information that could even change in the future. You haven't seen the full product as of yet, nobody has seen the full product.

So you never know. Nobody does. It could be pushing the ESRB rating to the limit, or it could be borderline 'Everyone'. We won't find out till we actually play the game.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think you will find that EA will stick with the teen rating as they will not want to lose a big section of their player base .

• StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited October 2013
    Their player base is housewives, not teens. :lol: I'm tired of playing a T rated game. I'm tired of lame vampires that can't kill. So fine, keep the T rating & hold off putting weather in the base game. I'm done.
    There will be better games to play. :mrgreen:
  • plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2013
    really meteor deaths ......I don't mean to insult EA or anyone else , but that is stupid death.

and excuse me for asking a question EA can oppose all it wants but someone weather it be on this site or somewhere else will ask questions that EA doesn't want you to talk about but people do it anyway.

so if ive somehow broken site rules by asking a simple question then im sorry , but as someone who buys the merchandise I deserve to ask some questions.
    edited October 2013
    Their player base is housewives, not teens. :lol: I'm tired of playing a T rated game. I'm tired of lame vampires that can't kill. So fine, keep the T rating & hold off putting weather in the base game. I'm done.
    There will be better games to play. :mrgreen:

Their player base is NOT just housewives as you seem to say .

it is teens . adults (both young and old ) and older people , both male and female
    I am a male player in my 50's who has played it since day one of TS1 and my wife also plays it (her choice of avatar on our joint profile )
    Not everyone wants a game thats is just adult themed. If they have to tone it down for their younger players so be it . The game for us is not ALL about death , violence and wooh-whoo .
    edited October 2013
    I will agree I am not concerned at all about how to 50 ways to woohoo...which I know is a big, big deal to some...

Nor if a Sim can starve...though removing the challenge to keep them 'fed' is in my view 'dumbed down'...The Sims were based on a system of filling needs and trying to have a 'life' inspite of those needs..

but not so in TS3...just roll another 24 hours..no need to even make them cook or learn a new dish..because they just ate quick meals, anyway.

Removing the challenges of the Sims is what I feel is turning into E for everyone instead of some 'strategy' to keep them alive..and far from the original concept.

Sure it's o.k. to evolve the game..but not dumb it down.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited October 2013
    You must be Rob? :lol:
    I would bet you more adult women play than anyone. Teens are playing GTA5 with it's M rating. :wink:
    edited October 2013
    lord all I asked was the game gonna be more mature ,like ......reality.
    edited October 2013
    You must be Rob? :lol:
    I would bet you more adult women play than anyone. Teens are playing GTA5 with it's M rating. :wink:

I agree with that. All the teens I know love that game, and play mainly console games..don't even play PC games anymore. Only ones I know that are preteen or younger are playing 'casual' PC games and not even wanting those machines anymore but 'iPads'...and that is the market EA wants to grab.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited October 2013
    plantina21 wrote:
    lord all I asked was the game gonna be more mature ,like ......reality.

Hi :D

No. It won't be like reality.
    edited October 2013
    if it wouldn't be for the lying , I would suggest a pole to see the ages of the people who actually play sims3 .
    but its easy to lye on the internet , and idk how you would work that anyway.

*wacks head on desk*

*sigh* but I think they need to ( shoot this keyboard) consider not all simmers are teens some of us are 30,40 (e im 30, I don't mind the silliness of the game but not everyone is a kid here)

but I guess that will never happen huh. I need to go give my keyboard the shakes cause its being a ****.

edited October 2013
    While i can understand some people wanting an adult sims game .

EA have said their main demographics of players are 13 to 17 and then 25 and older .

They will not make it an adult game as long as there are enough sales to the lower aged demographic . At the end of the day if enough teens buy it they will keep the teen rating , all they care about is the moeny they bring in
    edited October 2013
    And that's where you step into getting your post locked. Giving out personal information on the open forum- ages here- is against the Forum behavior rules.

Being of the age where reading the rules and guidelines should be a reflex...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/410411.page

Getting the young players to post there ages by stating yours, bad form. :(
    edited October 2013
    *sighs*

And my hint about reading the forum rules went unheeded...
    edited October 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    And that's where you step into getting your post locked. Giving out personal information on the open forum- ages here- is against the Forum behavior rules.

look ive only been on this site for a few months , so pardon me if I haven't read every rule on this site. and it was just a comment to make a point but it that seriously bothers and offends your forum rules then don't read or post . because as of right now ive had enough so this thread is closed anyway.
    edited October 2013
    plantina21 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

look ive only been on this site for a few months , so pardon me if I haven't read every rule on this site. and it was just a comment to make a point but it that seriously bothers and offends your forum rules then don't read or post . because as of right now ive had enough so this thread is closed anyway.

You have, over the course of this thread, broken two site rules that the mods tend to enforce rather rigorously, stated you have a right to ask questions when bothering to read the EULA you agreed to states you don't have any communication rights at all, and now are trying to use the "I'm still new!" card as an excuse for being called twice on your behavior.

Most people here learn the rules, or at least enough about site standards to abide by them, within a couple of weeks due to the fact the mods don't hesitate to delete posts. Most people learn the unstated rules within a month.

Being here only a few months is no excuse.
    edited October 2013
    :lol: See what a pain this T rating is. This is a T rated site and have to deal with comments like this, making you feel bad! :roll: Don't worry about it plantina. They delete my threads all the time. :wink:
  • minimoviemakerminimoviemaker Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    i know this is not about sims 4 but ...

i need 8 beautiful sims , they will have to have :

.cc
    .good detail
    .no glitches
    . always put (minimoviemaker's competition entry)
    .they have to be female
    .and NO sims named avatar
    edited October 2013
    :lol: See what a pain this T rating is. This is a T rated site and have to deal with comments like this, making you feel bad! :roll: Don't worry about it plantina. They delete my threads all the time. :wink:

Sorry but the site is open to the public. They can't post but they can see. Our pages are private and where some personal information can be shared.

The game is rated T, the site isn't. :lol:
    edited October 2013
    k here is the final post .

one I have only been on this site for what the says on my name , ive never really used it because I only made the account to register my games and that was it. but as I got more involved with the game I because more curious to what this site had to offer me. it took me awhile to figure out that I could download stuff from the exchange .
    I literally spend more time playing the game than I do on this site.

ive posted questions ,comments and made few threads and I literally haven't read all the rules. I asked a simple question in the sims4 forum I didn't know it was against site rules to ask such a question or that I couldn't post my age. but see this here is called a mistake people make them all the time . so from now on I will not post any questions , or comments or posts , I will go back to the way I was doing in before ,browse the exchange and the store. above all keep my comments and questions myself because no one cares. but one thing is certain will NEVER EVER POST ON THIS SITE AGAIN.
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited October 2013
    Um can I just point out that mature doesn't have to mean X rated.

I think the OP made that fairly clear (!)
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited October 2013
    They pointed out that you broke rules, and suggested you read the rules. They didn't jump on you, or be mean to you, or anything like that. If simply suggesting you read the rules so you don't break any more of them gets you to never post again, I'd hate to see what you'd be like in one of the "graphics vs artstyle" threads.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story