Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to find my folders for my sims 3 game (digital download question).

I have all of the games on disc but had to uninstall everything. I had to set my laptop back to factory (was getting really slow) and decided this time to install all of my games from Origin. All of my games were there so I downloaded the digital games with no problem onto my external hard drive. Here is where my problem comes in.

When I installed my discs directly to my laptop, it made an EA folder in My Documents. It didn't make one on my external. So made one and put my game in there. I downloaded Dragon Valley from purchase history with no problem. I went into my EA folder I made and was going to put some of my CC in the download folder. There wasn't one so I made one. Any other time if I put CC into the DOWNLOADS folder it showed up in the DOWNLOADS in the launcher. Well it didn't. I have no idea now how to get my CC into my game. I do have CCMagic but I can't install patterns, counters, cabinets or islands from there. I just want to know how to set my folders up like they would have been had I installed directly from the discs. Or would it be best to uninstall it from my external and reinstall using my discs to my laptop? Lord I hope not. It will take forever.

Thank yo for any help you maybe able to offer.

Comments

• Options
    JulesP10JulesP10 Posts: 69
    edited October 2013
    I take it they are NOT if the format is Sims3pack, if this is the case from past experiance go to:

Electronics Art folder in Program Files (Not Documents), select The Sims 3 > GameData > Shared > NonPackaged

Then drag and drop them in there, that should work. However if you do have sims3packs and they are not installing using the launcher after putting them in Downloads have you tried to click on the sims3pack icon?

I presume the above will work but not 100% sure as not used CC in a while.

Sorry after re-reading you problem I am not sure if this is what you meant...having a dippy moment lol