Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what i want to know more information on

There are a few things i would like to know before considering buying sims 4

- When weather will make an appearance - base, first expansion or do we have to wait 4-5 expansions

- How babies, toddlers, children will be like

- jobs

jess

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Jobs...'are' a 'goal events based system'.

I would presume this means every job in game will be much like the 'professions' in TS3. "Hands On"....I hope not!

But yeah, you will have to make the Sim do things with other Sims or go out to hold events etc..have no idea what type of 'professions'...'

Someone pointed out this could only be opportunities we could possible accept or ignore..I doubt that if the careers are based upon..

'goal events based' system...sounds like AMB EP. Or TSM's questing to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd like EA to be giving us a lot more information on pretty much everything. Especially as what we do know so far I either hate (no CAST and the art style that’s been shown in the recent screenshots) or think may be cool, but don't have that much information on how they work (emotions, more focus on gameplay, how apartments will work etc).

We don’t even know if it’s going to be based on an open world or going to feature rabbit holes yet do we?

You’d think as it’s already available to pre-order, there would be a lot more information out there.
  • DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2013
    Being the cynic I am, I doubt that weather will make an appearance in the first EP. Neither TS2 or TS3 had it until several EPs in so I can't imagine EA would add it to TS4 any earlier. They have to build anticipation for pets and weather after all. ;)
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

I would presume this means every job in game will be much like the 'professions' in TS3. "Hands On"....I hope not!

But yeah, you will have to make the Sim do things with other Sims or go out to hold events etc..have no idea what type of 'professions'...'

Someone pointed out this could only be opportunities we could possible accept or ignore..I doubt that if the careers are based upon..

Was that confirmed? Just wondering since people are debating that the world is closed or not. If the careers are built up this way and the world is closed, I can't even imagine how long it would take to progress and complete things.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Was that confirmed? Just wondering since people are debating that the world is closed or not. If the careers are built up this way and the world is closed, I can't even imagine how long it would take to progress and complete things.

Jobs have been a goal-based system since Sims 1; I doubt that will change.