Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This side of the forums...

Seems to have gotten out of hand quite quickly...

I think I'm going to do what I did when TS3 was announced and just ignore this part for a bit. Say.. December? hahah I'll go off and distract myself with other things since EA doesn't seem to want to release anymore official stuff right away. Something like getting myself absorbed in Midnight Hollow.

Good luck everyone else! Don't get eaten alive!! :mrgreen:

zv7sly.jpg
Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2013
    :mrgreen: Nom Nom Nom! :lol::wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2013
    Seems to have gotten out of hand quite quickly...

I think I'm going to do what I did when TS3 was announced and just ignore this part for a bit. Say.. December? hahah I'll go off and distract myself with other things since EA doesn't seem to want to release anymore official stuff right away. Something like getting myself absorbed in Midnight Hollow.

Good luck everyone else! Don't get eaten alive!! :mrgreen:

This is normal reaction when a community of people get wind of something that interest them. They start talking about it when they know a little or nothing at all about it. Things will quickly spiral out of control when that happens. :D
  • GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited September 2013
    Oh c'mon. Your name has Vicious in it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • RockChickRockChick Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited September 2013
    For the record, this is the official forum, it's where people naturally feel they can try and connect with the game makers. We're supposedly in a stage where it might be possible to have things added that many people really want and if we don't provide feedback of all kinds we don't get anything.

Most people I have seen are very eloquent and tolerant of others posts. There may be a few who aren't able to express themselves as tactfully and there are passions running high because we all love the Sims and we don't want to see it fall short of being truly great.

People are nervous about tools being taken away, potentially being charged for features that have been included up til now for free (extra colours and patterns etc on things)

A few people on both sides who get a bit heated do not mean the whole forum is full of unreasonable people. It's wrong to make sweeping statements like that in general.

I am worried about the game's direction but I think the devs are great and I wish they had been given more say in how this incarnation of the series is being made.
    I'd imagine most frustrations are directed at the people at EA controlling the money, not devs or fellow simmers.

I certainly hope the top levels see how fed up we are because what we really could do with is some reassurance about some of the main issues people are upset about and some clarification where possible to set things straight and cut down on some of the speculation. At the moment we're not getting anything from EA to help the situation.
    They said "we heard you" but I would like to know what they are doing about it
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think it would do a world of good on these forums if 'marketing guy' would allow them to release some 'ingame' screen shots of kids and babies.

This is a topic that they won't even answer if babies in TS4 have legs again or not.

Simmers like playing single Sims but for the most part they like playing families..no matter if that is group of all adults or a grandpa and one kid...they are ansy about whether they have been ignored or not.

There is an old saying..Too much of a good thing..and well all we have heard about for months are the emotions.

It really is time the 'marketing team' realizes we can't run on fumes forever..and not allowing anyone to speak about baby Sims, and or interactions, traits, and emotions of the kids in the game is doing more harm than good.

People 'want' to know what is going on..they really aren't handling this very well...

Even Peter Jackson understood, a Hobbit Movie News' site where he posted at least once a month with new info was a good idea.....(2 years in the making)..new videos, new screen shots etc..would build excitement for a movie people weren't sure he could pull off..again...brillant...for two years people talked about everything they were hearing and seeing...

Here we are only arguing, because no news 'isn't' good news in the realm of games...and it really is EA's fault..looking at you marketing guy... :P

And btw, no EA, any publicity (good or bad) isn't good publicity...the negative will eventually sour the pot enough to turn people away for good..and spend the money they were saving on something else...money gone..

And without something tidbit to make them happy..you see what you are seeing...and it is 'your' fault.(EA)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    I think it would do a world of good on these forums if 'marketing guy' would allow them to release some 'ingame' screen shots of kids and babies.

This is a topic that they won't even answer if babies in TS4 have legs again or not.

Simmers like playing single Sims but for the most part they like playing families..no matter if that is group of all adults or a grandpa and one kid...they are ansy about whether they have been ignored or not.

There is an old saying..Too much of a good thing..and well all we have heard about for months are the emotions.

It really is time the 'marketing team' realizes we can't run on fumes forever..and not allowing anyone to speak about baby Sims, and or interactions, traits, and emotions of the kids in the game is doing more harm than good.

People 'want' to know what is going on..they really aren't handling this very well...

Even Peter Jackson understood, a Hobbit Movie News' site where he posted at least once a month with new info was a good idea.....(2 years in the making)..new videos, new screen shots etc..would build excitement for a movie people weren't sure he could pull off..again...brillant...for two years people talked about everything they were hearing and seeing...

Here we are only arguing, because no news 'isn't' good news in the realm of games...and it really is EA's fault..looking at you marketing guy... :P

And btw, no EA, any publicity (good or bad) isn't good publicity...the negative will eventually sour the pot enough to turn people away for good..and spend the money they were saving on something else...money gone..

And without something tidbit to make them happy..you see what you are seeing...and it is 'your' fault.(EA)

Cinebar, I agree with just about everything you said. I have such a sick feeling that Sims 4 is just going to be a lousy game because it's almost like EA is afraid to release any information. This is not smart marketing and I have to say that I have no plans to buy the game at this point unless we here some GOOD news. It seems like all we hear lately is what WON'T be in the game (car animations being the latest disappointment).

Even if what they're doing is scrambling to put back in some of the things the fans are demanding (yeah, you really screwed up when you tried to make this an iPad game EA), we deserve to hear something. Yes, I said DESERVE. I've been a loyal fan since the original game and I know EA is just a money making machine but I feel my loyalty deserves some consideration when it comes to news about the next series in the franchise.

I really hope EA can turn this game around before it gets released. Right now I just can't get excited about it.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think what the op means is that they feel its ridiculous to complain, plead for, and get mad over some of the stuff that they released for the game. It isn't out yet and everyone is either at each others throats or trying to either verbally bash or threaten EA with boycotts and the like. I'm not saying ppl are not entitled to their opinions, but they certainly need to take a look around and realize two things: one, the game isn't out yet two: that since this franchise has come into being, they've decided to put stuff out there to make people talk. Doesn't mean they are going to do all they are saying with the game, but that its something they may or may not have/not have in the game. It's to rev up publicity and talk--good or bad it doesn't matter......just so long as your talking its all good to them. Why should it matter that you guys are fighting?! It's still publicity.

Personally, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of rattling my cage. If I was unhappy, I'd write to them daily and tell them what I'm unhappy about and why.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

I agree, I'd really like them to show more instead of just repeating info to us over and over. But I really think the game is going to be delayed until June(perhaps May) and they probably know this already, which is why they're slowly pushing out information.
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've honestly wanted to make a parody of the complaints for the longest time now but didn't mostly because some people would take it as trolling.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    I've honestly wanted to make a parody of the complaints for the longest time now but didn't mostly because some people would take it as trolling.

:mrgreen: And I have been wanting to make a parody of all the 'gushy' threads screaming, 'Omg! it has 'Sims' on the box..I have to have it!..

but the box is empty...'I don't care! It says Sims on it!'

:wink:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:

lol. Glad I'm not the only one.