Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much life do you think is in The Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    Sims is their bread and butter- they'll milk it as long as they can. Keep in mind Sims 4 will bring a new store and tons of refreshed revenue with people buyng content from sims 1,2, AND now 3 that aren't in the game or other EPs.

Actually, Sims isn't. This is their bread and butter:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl

EA is primarily a sport video game company. EA Sports is both their largest and most famous division, and in all of their financial reports it's the one that brings in the most money.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I really miss being addicted to this game, and I have tried very, very hard to like it. I don't know why it's so important to me but I really want to like this game.

^This is me. I bought 3 expansionspack in a desperate attempt to enhance the gameplay. Since I spent so much on sims2, i made doubly sure I didn't spend too much on sims3, so the transition to sims4 wouldn't be too painful. And boy am I glad I made that decision. I just want to get that amazing feeling back, that I felt when I played sims1 and 2. I am putting all my trust in sims4 so if it turns out to be a dissapointment, i will be devestated.

The funny thing is I didn't spend much on s2, except for eps (I didn't even buy the sps), and I yet I never had a dull moment with the game. I have bought tons of stuff from the store and I've bought at least two stuff packs, and I still don't enjoy it as much. This probably the reason I'm not moving on just yet, because I don't want to waste all of that money and because I need for s4 and its eps at a bargain just so I won't feel cheated.

I just bought a new pc for s3, and it has 12 Gigs of ram and core i7 processor and its graphic card retails for $80 (yes, I know the card is the problem) and it still won't play the game right with the textures and the lighting turned off. So, I know it won't play s4 either. I'm considering upgrading my card, but I don't know if I want to spend another $200 on the game just find out it still won't play worth squat.