Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow standard and gold sets confusion

Was just wondering if the savvy seller collection is only available with the gold set? The way they've laid it out on the store etc is confusing?

Comments

• RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2013
    Also, the standard version for 2540 simpoints isn't actually available in the section where you choose to buy your bundle ): I'm so confused! Help!
  • XxblexixXXxblexixX Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    I think the savvy seller collection is available with the standard version but theres a toy store that come with the gold version :)
    edited September 2013
    XxblexixX wrote:
    I think the savvy seller collection is available with the standard version but theres a toy store that come with the gold version :)

Hmm, that was what I thought, but they way it is on the sims store is confusing, as it says premium content (savvy seller) is with the gold? But I did think it was a toy store too...so I'm really confused.
  • OnlyCarolineOnlyCaroline Posts: 187
    edited September 2013
    The Savvy Seller content comes with both. The premium content for the toy store venue is the toy machine and some of the toys it produces. And as for your second post, the world isn't released yet. It will be released in a few hours, around 9AM Pacific Time.
    edited September 2013
    Ah right, thanks.

In the bundle section though there are options to buy it, so Idk.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2013
    http://store.thesims3.com/midnighthollow.html?categoryId=12642

Actually, the Savvy Seller's Collection is listed as the premium content for the Standard edition of the world. It's the toy store that comes with the Gold edition. This is lucky for me because I seldom play with children in my game so I can easily skip it and pick up a few other goodies I've been coveting instead since I got one of the themed bundles (5,000 simpoints)because I wanted the nifty outfits that came with it.
    edited September 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    http://store.thesims3.com/midnighthollow.html?categoryId=12642

Actually, the Savvy Seller's Collection is listed as the premium content for the Standard edition of the world. It's the toy store that comes with the Gold edition. This is lucky for me because I seldom play with children in my game so I can easily skip it and pick up a few other goodies I've been coveting instead since I got one of the themed bundles (5,000 simpoints)because I wanted the nifty outfits that came with it.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed with the toy store, I really want to be able to make a store though. So you still got the midnight hollow world with the savvy seller collection in one of the bundles?
  • tinareneewoodtinareneewood Posts: 14
    edited September 2013
    :?: Well... what I am confused about isssssss... If you choose the Gold rather than the standard... will you only be able to have a toy store or will you have the option to have a regular store "with" the "option" to have a toy store??? (as in both ways, ya know)... it's really confusing. I don't want to get stuck with only being able to have a toy store... but I would like the option to have one if I want... anybody got any thoughts on that? and..........

also I agree with Msrednotdead that posted the pics... it doesn't say you get the premium/ savvy seller content included with the Gold edition when u click on the gold tab??? :?: ... :shock: :hunf: :thumbup:
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's a good question. There's a few threads on this - for obvious reasons.

I deemed that we are entitled to know and got labeled a lazy brat (something like that) from a mouthpiece of The Sims Studio. Anyway, it seems we will get the information when The Sims Studio deem us entitled to it.

I find it all a bit odd myself.

I'm still of the opinion that the store pages should make it clear and that people should not have to Google for an answer, read Guru blogs, or watch videos to work out what to expect to get in either version.

I just find it odd that, if the answer is already known, then why not just put it on the store page?
  • JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited September 2013

The bundles are just for Simpoints, not for the world. With the bundles you get 3 additional CAS items that fit with the theme of the world, and of course you could use the simpoints to buy the world. It's just an added incentive to buy simpoints.

The Standard version has the savvy seller PC items and the world.

The Gold version has everything with the Standard version plus the toy store venue with the toy machine PC item. They say that the savvy seller collection is also included, the purpose being that if it was not, this would not be a "toy store" and just a toy factory. This way, when you get the gold version, you do not have to update the venue with the register, door, and rugs from the savvy seller collection.

Either way, you get the savvy seller items to create any store you wish. Either way, MH is purchasable for simpoints, and the bundles only get you simpoints (and the 3 bonus CAS items depicted) and not the world.
  • ASimLdyWzrdASimLdyWzrd Posts: 33 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Since gold always includes standard plus extra that may be why this question has been ignored so far. Savvy Seller is the premium content for all versions far as I can tell. Gold gets the toy store, toy machine, and the toys as additional premium
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited September 2013
    :?: Well... what I am confused about isssssss... If you choose the Gold rather than the standard... will you only be able to have a toy store or will you have the option to have a regular store "with" the "option" to have a toy store??? (as in both ways, ya know)... it's really confusing. I don't want to get stuck with only being able to have a toy store... but I would like the option to have one if I want... anybody got any thoughts on that? and..........

also I agree with Msrednotdead that posted the pics... it doesn't say you get the premium/ savvy seller content included with the Gold edition when u click on the gold tab??? :?: ... :shock: :hunf: :thumbup:

If you choose Gold, you get the Toy Store. The PC content that comes with the Toy Store is the toy machine so your sim can build toys. It also has the savvy sellers collection so you can sell the toys you build. If you get the Standard, you do not get the toy store. The toy store will not be available on it's own - it is tied to the world.

If you get Standard, you get the Savvy Sellers collection as the PC so you can sell pretty much anything in Buy Mode (You cannot sell paintings, elixiers, etc).

I hope that helps. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin