Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Garages Or Driveways So Far - Are Cars In The Basegame?

I haven't posted on the forums in ages (RL seems to be getting in the way all the time) but I was wondering if anyone else has seen any images of cars, garages, driveways, or parking spots in Sims 4. I haven't seen anything, and I'm getting worried.

Comments

• Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited September 2013
    One of the first leaked images showed a car, and Grant confirmed that they are in the base game in a recent interview :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :)

No- not me. Haven't seen any stores, community lots, kids, teens, parks, clubs...or beaches. Haven't seem much, really.
  • brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks! Anyone have a link to an image of a Sims 4 car? I am also curious about how garages and driveways would work since I haven't seen an image of those yet.
  • AnticipationAnticipation Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I believe that cars have been confirmed, but the sorts of animation cars will have have not.

I am hoping that cars, car spaces and garage doors are a better scale this time. The cars were overly large in TS3, which I dlisliked when I built houses (because of the garages).

I would also love the ability to park on the street. Lots of houses don't have a garage.
  • pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Better have car parking animation, and animation of the sims getting into the darn car.
    Seriously, its 2013, how hard can that be?!
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree. One of the most irritating things about the sims is they have to make it so "safe" so they can sell it to all ages easier so a lot of the more realistic aspects are ironed away.

Like when your sims are in traffic there is no threat of any injury. Cars just pass thru your careless sims like ghosts. On the other hand seeing my clumsy sims splattered on the pavement cause they walked out into traffic might not make my day either. :-)

Or household pets being hit by cabs. No fun there.

But yes, being able to interact with your car and park them should be possible.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2013
    Woohoo in cars has been confirmed by a magazine but at the same time it was confirmed by Grant that proper car animations may or may not be included in the sims 4.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    Better have car parking animation, and animation of the sims getting into the darn car.

Well come on, those kinds of animations are only found in high end games, not 'indie' apps. like Sims 4, amiright?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree. One of the most irritating things about the sims is they have to make it so "safe" so they can sell it to all ages easier so a lot of the more realistic aspects are ironed away.

Like when your sims are in traffic there is no threat of any injury. Cars just pass thru your careless sims like ghosts. On the other hand seeing my clumsy sims splattered on the pavement cause they walked out into traffic might not make my day either. :-)

I'd pay $2.00 extra, JUST to see pets be able to get hit by cars.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • pugger64pugger64 Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2013
    pak_ea wrote:

Well come on, those kinds of animations are only found in high end games, not 'indie' apps. like Sims 4, amiright?

They had animations of the sims getting in and out of the cars in the sims 2. I don't see why they took a step back with that for the sims 3. That was the one aspect that really disappointed me the most
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd pay $2.00 extra, JUST to see pets be able to get hit by cars.

:lol: I'm with you on this one.
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2013
    I saw I car driving by in the gameplay demo
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think it can be funny to see your Sim entering a car and if it comes back that would be nice, but the trouble some people are having with the fact sims just appear in their car and carry them in their pockets sounds a tiny bit childish to me. I mean, look what Lara Croft is carrying around in her inventory, it's a game.
    It could add something to the game if Sims have to take care when they cross the street (quite educational for the youngsters), but if it would mean they'd have to skip something else for it - I think making a game like this is all about choices - it's not at the top of my list.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2013
    (Sorry, chose quote instead of edit :oops: )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2013
    Carrying cars/speedboats in inventory is one of the things I dislike most in Sims 3.

When I stop playing a household for a while, then go back and suddenly they've got cars and boats in their inventory, pee's me off.

I was hoping this is something the devs would rectify for Sims 4, but obviously, that's too much to ask for :P .
    E6Gi2HA.png
    edited September 2013
    The alternative would be a world stuffed with parking lots, wouldn't it? Every single lot would require at least one to enable your Sim to park his or her car. And if it's occupied you just can't visit that particular lot at that moment.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2013
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013

Will Wright with 'his' Maxis Team had it right the first time. In TS1 a car would not move forward but beep the horn until Sims, pets,and wild animals got out of the way. No running through a simulatated person like we see in other games..and some haved claimed happens in this game.

They took the 'time' and spent the 'money' to make it right. Where as this new idea of 'Sims' seems to me to me 'ah, toss it out, too much trouble and too costly'. :roll:

And no to others, Grant has not promised 'cars' in basegame, what he did say was of course Sims will have cars. But he exclaimed why having car animations (like from TS2) is too costly and too much work.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Will Wright with 'his' Maxis Team had it right the first time. In TS1 a car would not move forward but beep the horn until Sims, pets,and wild animals got out of the way. No running through a simulatated person like we see in other games..and some haved claimed happens in this game.

They took the 'time' and spent the 'money' to make it right. Where as this new idea of 'Sims' seems to me to me 'ah, toss it out, too much trouble and too costly'. :roll:

And no to others, Grant has not promised 'cars' in basegame, what he did say was of course Sims will have cars. But he exclaimed why having car animations (like from TS2) is too costly and too much work.
    Isn't the difference between 1 + 2 vs 3 the open world?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Isn't the difference between 1 + 2 vs 3 the open world?

Yes. Yet with this open world, there isn't that many Sims at a lot to cause a massive car fight for parking. Most lots actually do/can/should/will/did have parking spaces. Plus, the ability to make a parking space for 10 cars is easy in this open world.

All the parking spaces that get full because Sims leave their cars and pull out another one. :(
    edited September 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Yes. Yet with this open world, there isn't that many Sims at a lot to cause a massive car fight for parking. Most lots actually do/can/should/will/did have parking spaces. Plus, the ability to make a parking space for 10 cars is easy in this open world.

All the parking spaces that get full because Sims leave their cars and pull out another one. :(
    Remains the fact that you would be obliged to provide every lot with a parking space, wouldn't you (just brainstorming here :P )? When you can't put a car into their pockets anymore, you'd have to be able to get rid of it when you're visiting someone in town. Which means every house must have at least one parking space. More even if the inhabitans own cars. I already see the message pop up: "you can't visit family X, there's no space to park your car". Sounds as annoying as the "sorry, can't visit you right now, I'm engaged/not in the mood at the moment".
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

Remains the fact that you would be obliged to provide every lot with a parking space, wouldn't you (just brainstorming here :P )? When you can't put a car into their pockets anymore, you'd have to be able to get rid of it when you're visiting someone in town. Which means every house must have at least one parking space. More even if the inhabitans own cars. I already see the message pop up: "you can't visit family X, there's no space to park your car". Sounds as annoying as the "sorry, can't visit you right now, I'm engaged/not in the mood at the moment".

It would be nice if the roads were wide enough that you could just park on the side of the road.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, here's a thought. If the TS4 isn't as 'open' as some assume..surely they wouldn't go that routhe would they? then to us there is not reason full car animations can't make a return.

And if they would clean up spawning cars as Rlong pointed out..no reason we couldn't have had the animations in TS3.

And 'if' they would take money out of the 'collecting' and 'goaling' side of the game or the 'online' options..they 'could' afford to make car animations..something the forums have been demanding for over four years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2013
    It would be nice if the roads were wide enough that you could just park on the side of the road.
    True, they could make a different system. Or the possibily to park the car on a lot nearby... I really don't know if that would be hard to do.

And (Cinebar), that's right, we don't know yet if 4 will have an open wolrd too. So maybe the 1&2 system of cars will return. We'll have to wait and see :-)
    5JZ57S6.png