Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More food items per course?

Will this be an option?

Because in previous Sims games, you could only have one thing per course. 'Pancakes' or 'Waffles' or 'Cereal' and other items for breakfast and etc.

What if a Sim wanted both Pancakes AND eggs? Or for both Dinner AND dessert without having to cook seperately? Like a pie could be baking whilst the stovetop was in use, or even cooking on multiple burners.

Any ideas on if this may be implemented?

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2013
    I can go for a 5 course meal too. :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope this will be in game. Juice and toast. Oatmeal and juice. Eggs and bacon, some biscuits and gravy...some coffee, don't forget the jam to the side. How about a poached egg and some sort of protein drink?

Chocolate milk..with my toaster pastries. :lol:

I really wish Sims could serve to table a 5 to 7 course meal..at least once a week..that would be cool, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited September 2013
    Lmao, you guys are having fun with this, aren't you. xD

I'm actually really excited about the whole careers being given a place in your non-work life, like cooking for your boss and stuff. OMG!!!! I get giddy when I think aabout it, hehe. It's so.. real.. LOL.

Like you get a phone call saying 'I'm coming over for dinner. Make sure you are able to seat 5. I'll be there in an hour.' Haha. xD

Sims 3 ALMOST but not quite did something like this with the Chef career where they got an opportunity to take a boss's client out to dinner.
  • SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2013
    I would really like to see a lot more food options in all categories, including snacks.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013

I'm actually really excited about the whole careers being given a place in your non-work life, like cooking for your boss and stuff. OMG!!!! I get giddy when I think aabout it, hehe. It's so.. real.. LOL.

Like you get a phone call saying 'I'm coming over for dinner. Make sure you are able to seat 5. I'll be there in an hour.' Haha. xD

Sims 3 ALMOST but not quite did something like this with the Chef career where they got an opportunity to take a boss's client out to dinner.

:mrgreen: I understood what you said about how you want the careers in TS4 to be 'hands on'. But I was hungry when I read your thread and 'food' got me thinking about 'food'...I had skipped breakfast. :lol:

I'm not sure I want the careers to 'require' my Sims 'have' to do things like that, I hope I can turn down that phone call from a Sim boss, especially when I have six toddlers, two moody teens, a baby in the crib, a baby on the way, and no maid. :twisted: I hope things like that will only be options and my Sim won't 'have to' do extra outside things on their jobs unless I have the time and or if I want to make the Sim accept those opportunities.

I can't see 'me' like a hands on career (like I think they have said they willl work that way) like we did in Ambitions. That would just be a bit much for me to like.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I think its odd that some juice fills a sim up just as much as a turkey dinner. And there are families that I've had that only eat Key Lime pie for dinner every night lol. At least have some canned soup first.
    imgad2-1.png
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, in one of the kitchen pictures, you could see a toaster. Now, I'm REALLY hoping it's a functioning toaster and not just decor. I want my sims to be able to bring a glass of juice and a plate with toast to the table. Maybe even eat it with egg! I was actually daydreaming about this a couple of days ago....
  • KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think that will be a cool idea. Or say for instance I want my sim to cook chicken. I'll click on the refrigerator, and click chicken then it'll give me more options for different sides to go with the chicken like mashed potatoes, or rice.
  • PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2013
    I like this idea and with that said... Steak and eggs baby!! I would also like to see sims have a combined meal with different foods (salmon, mashed potatoes and asparagus).

In addition, what about the option to add dessert? They would have their main course and drink with a small plate or bowl to the side and have dessert.

Oh and ummm... bring back those ribs! :lol:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2013

The Sims is a way to explore new ways of game play. So anything is possible when it comes to The Sims because it's open game play. Even what you were trying to say is possible in The Sims.
    These forums will get really boring really fast if we don't get to have a little on here. :lol::wink:
  • simoncat11simoncat11 Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2013
    It would be kind of cool if we could kind of set a menu for the evening. (I hope it's coming across how I'm thinking it) Like how you guys were talking about the 5 course meal, but we pick what we want including appetizers, entree and then dessert or something and they make it all at once.