Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's the doll guruSmitty? Guru response on page 2

A human doll. That's what she called her. Wouldn't THAT have reminded you to make a doll for the toy machine to make so little girls had a doll in the game FINALLY. Grrr....
Just think of the story you could have told of the doll looking just like the human doll and she came to life. What a huge miss on the this one. :-( I was really looking forward to my little girls finally having a "doll" to play with.

Don't think I don't appreciate all the other cool stuff. I do like the other things and all the detail, but seriously. NO DOLL FOR LITTLE GIRLS YET! REALLY? :evil:

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    Tey're acting all secretive about the toys, like they're not showing them all. I sort-of feel like there's a doll that comes to life in there! :lol:
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Cinderellimouse! (waves) I'm not sure if you know that there are two extended videos for this world that just released on youtube this morning and they show all the toys that the machine makes. Sadly, there is no doll. :(
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    *waving back happily*

Yeah, she says that she's not showing al of them because she wants to keep a few surprises!!! :D

I'm going to watch it again! Squee!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh, did she says that on the new video from today :?: I must have missed that :shock:

Oh I really hope they finally gave us a doll :mrgreen:

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    If something is really important to me, and it just seems as if it is never going to make it into the game, I download something made by CC creators or modders. There are other options.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    If something is really important to me, and it just seems as if it is never going to make it into the game, I download something made by CC creators or modders. There are other options.

Yeah I know, but I went searching for that doll that got banned from the game, the one that had a glitch and was attaching to all uploads, and I can't find the fixed version of it anywhere now. I then went looking for a different doll and no one has created one that looks nice and also functions as a teddy bear. :cry: I guess I was just hoping that since this was a toy story that for sure there would finally be a doll for little girls now. I mean, its a doll. There's not one toy store on the planet that doesn't come with a doll, unless you are not a toy store but rather a hobby store instead. :?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I know, but I went searching for that doll that got banned from the game, the one that had a glitch and was attaching to all uploads, and I can't find the fixed version of it anywhere now. I then went looking for a different doll and no one has created one that looks nice and also functions as a teddy bear. :cry: I guess I was just hoping that since this was a toy story that for sure there would finally be a doll for little girls now. I mean, its a doll. There's not one toy store on the planet that doesn't come with a doll, unless you are not a toy store but rather a hobby store instead. :?

I actually thought that doll was cute, lol. I know it creeped everyone out but I thought, graphically at least, it was pretty well designed. AND kids could play with it.

Maybe someone knows where the fixed version is...I would download it again as long as I was sure the new version wouldn't mess up my game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    Queen13,

She said they wasn't going to show all the toys cause they wanted us to be suprised. I think there is a doll that we'll be able to build with the toy machine.

Edit
    Why did it censor your first name on here?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:

I actually thought that doll was cute, lol. I know it creeped everyone out but I thought, graphically at least, it was pretty well designed. AND kids could play with it.

Maybe someone knows where the fixed version is...I would download it again as long as I was sure the new version wouldn't mess up my game.

Oh yes, I know! I thought the doll was cute too. I never understood why others thought it was creepy. I would totally download it again if it was glitch free. I know that it was uploaded a while back and was the new version (glitch free), but now I can't find it. I thought I had a copy of it on my external harddrive but no, I don't :-( I really find it hard to believe that the game has been out for over 4yrs now and no one else made a functioning doll that was cute :-( I just want a nice doll in a cute dress that functions for little girls.

Oh, and of course a functioning tea set for mom :wink: I've been asking for that forever too :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Queen13,

She said they wasn't going to show all the toys cause they wanted us to be suprised. I think there is a doll that we'll be able to build with the toy machine.

Edit

:lol::lol: LOL :lol::lol:

I am laughing because they keep censoring the name. Sorry, not laughing at you. I have no idea why the website sometimes censors my screen name one day and not the next. LOL

Yes, someone else also posted saying that not all toys were shown. That they wanted some toys to be a surprise. I am staying hopeful that there will be a cute functioning doll for little girls in there :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Edit

The word "c y b e r" is not allowed on this website.

The filter is positively Medieval in its moral standards! You also can't write the word "v a s e s." Yes, the word for an item in which one places flowers is banned on this website. That made writing a post about where to find the Chinese v a s e s from World Adventures nearly impossible. :roll:

Actually, one eye roll is not enough: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    Edit

The filter is positively Medieval in its moral standards! You also can't write the word "v a s e s." Yes, the word for an item in which one places flowers is banned on this website. That made writing a post about where to find the Chinese v a s e s from World Adventures nearly impossible. :roll:

LOL yes, totally needed more eye rolls for that. How silly this website is.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    Edit

LOL yes, totally needed more eye rolls for that. How silly this website is.

I must live far too sheltered a life, or I have too pure a mind. Because I can not figure out, for the life of me, why either of those terms are objectionable. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't really care if the doll comes to life I just want a doll for my Simmies to play with. I would like for them to play with the dolls and be able to play dolls with other sims. THe girl sims do not have any dolls at all other then the doll house. The boy sims really do not have anything either to play with like soldiers or what ever.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope a doll is one of the toys that they didn't reveal yet. Can't wait for this to be released, it's going to be so much fun!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    C.yber is slang of online sex but it is used in non-sex words that we or at least I use often on this site: C.yberpunk, C.yber Monday. I really wish they censor that since we can say sex :roll:

Regarding the Living Doll Sim there is a sort of thing about the Living Doll (and not in terms of the Twilight Zone episode or an actual doll), a creepy beauty or Japanese anime characters humanized (even eyes enlarged with Photoshop) is often done and a few murder shows show people obsessing over human dolls, very fitting to a creepy gothic town theme IMO. I guess what I am saying it is type of subculture that I think with the steampunk and gothic makes total sense. And can see how that is what they meant and not have any ties to an actual doll but they do have the toy statue with the eyes that move. But living doll it s creepier than goth and shock rock subculture to me :lol:

Human Barbie example:

LIVING-DOLL-530x703.png

Anime Girl:
    anime-girl.jpg?w=600

Criminal Minds Episode:

criminal-minds-uncanny-valley-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited September 2013
    There are dolls that kids can play with in the new Doll House. There are also decorative dolls that come with the Toy Store. You can see them out in front of the store in most screen shots.

For fun doll interaction your Sims kids can go with an amazingly adorable new (gender neutral) Teddy Bear. It really is one of the cutest toys in the set.

BU9gr_TCIAAyrac.jpg:large
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    There are dolls that kids can play with in the new Doll House.
    There are also decorative dolls that come with the Toy Store. You can see them out in front of the store in most screen shots.
    For fun doll interaction your Sims kids can go with an amazingly adorable new (gender neutral) Teddy Bear. It really is one of the cutest toys in the set.

BU9gr_TCIAAyrac.jpg:large[/quote]

I appreciate you taking time to respond. I really do. Its the reason the thread was started...that being said, it is ...disappointing to hear that we will NOT be getting a doll for our little girls to play with :-( Was this an oversight? Will they add a doll with a patch :?: How could a toy store not make a doll to play with :shock:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @HollownessDevour thanks for explaining why c.yber is band. never knew it meant sex without the word sex attached to it. And how odd that the word sex can be written a thousand times and not be banned :?

Great pics of the human dolls. That would creep me out to walk into a room with any of those sitting around :shock:

Looks like the guru has spoken :cry:

My hopes of a doll for little girls to play with have been crush :cry:

edit:
    Still no functioning tea set for the ladies in town and no functioning doll for little girls either :cry:
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2013
    There are dolls that kids can play with in the new Doll House. There are also decorative dolls that come with the Toy Store. You can see them out in front of the store in most screen shots.

Ah. So because boys would play with dolls as much as girls, and because some people would find that objectionable, all play toys of that nature must be gender neutral, like bears and bunnies. Got it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @HollownessDevour thanks for explaining why c.yber is band. never knew it meant sex without the word sex attached to it. And how odd that the word sex can be written a thousand times and not be banned :?

Great pics of the human dolls. That would creep me out to walk into a room with any of those sitting around :shock:

Looks like the guru has spoken :cry:

My hopes of a doll for little girls to play with have been crush :cry:

edit:
    Still no functioning tea set for the ladies in town and no functioning doll for little girls either :cry:

It use to be C.yber Sex but then got reduced to C.yber (I have been around for a long while online I know a bit about the evolution of it and it's slang :lol: ), I mean a sims site is not where people want to find potential... well yeah people for that...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Dolls are for both boys and girls :) I would so want to (but would never) give my kid (if I was to have any) a Good Guy Doll, and just never say what it was from :P

13902598_2.jpg?v=8CF581697A72E10
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    amjoie wrote:

Ah. So because boys would play with dolls as much as girls, and because some people would find that objectionable, all play toys of that nature must be gender neutral, like bears and bunnies. Got it.

I think this is a poor excuse because we have a new teddy bear with every supernatural character so no bear was needed.

Also, you the play picks which bear to give the kids to play with so its not like boys would play with dolls (auto). My kids never play with the bears sitting around or in there bag (auto)only the imaginary friends get played with auto.

The teddy bear is not in the toy box so its not like they will pull it out.

"gender neutral" means only having to make "ONE" mesh. They could have made a doll for girls and a superhero or army doll for boys if they cared THAT much about boys getting a doll too.

Btw, my sim game has gay sims (random-not set by me). So EA is okay with sims being gay in the game, but they draw the line at boy sims possibly playing with a doll :shock: REALLY??

(Again I would like to mention that teddy bears have to be given to the sim child by the player. They do not get them auto.)

Needless to say, I am disappointed that in over 4 yrs our little girl sims STILL do not have a doll to play with :roll:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Dolls are for both boys and girls :) I would so want to (but would never) give my kid (if I was to have any) a Good Guy Doll, and just never say what it was from :P

LOL That is just plain creepy. :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2013

LOL That is just plain creepy. :lol:

It should be Chucky is evil after all :P