Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Those of you keeping up with TS4 news...

Do you know if there's any word on whether or not you will be able to create/use custom content? I like the game so far other than the hair. If I can replace it with custom hair I'd be all set. :mrgreen: I realize it's still in development, and there's still a long way to go before the game is released, so I doubt anyone has even asked about this as of yet. The appearance of the graphics may even change a bit before it's all said and done. But it never hurts to ask.

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    No official information yet.

Some of us suspect the game is being intentionally set up to delay CC as much as possible so the Store gains an unbeatable edge. Others think the modders and CC artists will somehow magically be able to do it instantly.
  • GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited September 2013
    I am curious about all of that. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    GlamSugar wrote:
    Do you know if there's any word on whether or not you will be able to create/use custom content? I like the game so far other than the hair. If I can replace it with custom hair I'd be all set. :mrgreen: I realize it's still in development, and there's still a long way to go before the game is released, so I doubt anyone has even asked about this as of yet. The appearance of the graphics may even change a bit before it's all said and done. But it never hurts to ask.

You have a good question, it's all up in the air at this point. We don't have any idea how Origin plays into the new TS4.

Does the Exchange go through Origin? Like when we Simported..and the game had to 'remove' CC and replace with 'defaults' wonder how 'sharing' content is going to work this next time. Don't worry about modders they didn't blink when they had to create a new SimPE for TS3...nor had to hunt down the correct files and ways to 'import' CC into the game...but I see no point of any type of 'exchange' for players who didn't download CC in TS2 or TS3 etc. 'if' there isn't a CASt, if modders are truily locked out this time etc. I mean what is the point of uploading a Sim if it's outfit and skin looks like what you can do in your game?

Then consider Ryan never said there would be an auction house..but he did say that is something they are looking into how to 'share content' I don't see a point of any Exchange that can't accept CC or without a CASt ingame..just seems useless to me. But yes, no doubt modders get around it all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RAUHLLIKEMERAUHLLIKEME Posts: 23
    edited September 2013
    Do you guys know anything about the next date information is being released about the Sims 4
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2013
    We won't know that until the game is shipped and the modders begin picking the files apart to see what they can do. However, I would assume the game can be modded. Easy or hard will most likely be the main question.

However, instead of jumping in with the base game like I did with TS3, I think I will wait a year this time and see how the custom community develops, and if there are any "surprises" that would make me want to skip it. Customization will be limited without CASt and the CC community will be even more important to me this time around.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited September 2013
    I really can't even imagine playing much at all without at least some custom content. I love the creativity of The Sims community. It would be a shame if it were chopped off at the heels for any reason, or made less than it is now. I have faith in modders and CC creators of course, but I do hope modding and CC are still made convenient.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2013
    If I can't use cc in the sims 4, I wouldn't even consider buying the game. I have always used cc in the sims 1, 2 and 3. The game would be so boring if you just played with the content that came with the game. I love hunting for cc from free sites. It's like shopping for free. All the wonderful things you can add to your game makes it interesting and fun to play.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited September 2013
    If I can't use cc in the sims 4, I wouldn't even consider buying the game. I have always used cc in the sims 1, 2 and 3. The game would be so boring if you just played with the content that came with the game. I love hunting for cc from free sites. It's like shopping for free. All the wonderful things you can add to your game makes it interesting and fun to play.

Completely agree with you. I've always loved hunting for CC, feel like a kid in a candy store :wink:
    edited September 2013
    Actually, I can't imagine my Sims game without Lemonleaf's makeup either. :mrgreen:
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited September 2013
    Modders will eventually work out how to mod the game . At the start of TS3 they said it was virtually impossible to mod it but they worked it out .

Just as an afterthought for people who use Twallens mods he said quite a while back that once TS3 finishes that will be it for him as he wont be modding Ts4

I refuse point blank now to play Ts2 and 3 without cc hair and skintones . i hate the yellowy playdough skintones ea gave Sims 3 and the straw textured hair

edited September 2013
    Seriously? No more Twallen? That makes me incredibly sad..
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited September 2013
    Modders will eventually work out how to mod the game . At the start of TS3 they said it was virtually impossible to mod it but they worked it out .

What I'm wondering about, though, is whether non-Store content will be considered unapproved by Origin, which spys and looks at what's on your computer. I really believe EA wants to throttle us all down to official Store only content. Hope I'm wrong!
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited September 2013
    Do you guys know anything about the next date information is being released about the Sims 4

Not really. In the last live broadcast king said there would be another broadcast soon. Im not sure if it will include any Sims 4 information though.
  • FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    edited September 2013
    Stdlr9 wrote:

What I'm wondering about, though, is whether non-Store content will be considered unapproved by Origin, which spys and looks at what's on your computer. I really believe EA wants to throttle us all down to official Store only content. Hope I'm wrong!

I am of the same opinion although EA did invite a person from The Sims Resource, a large purveyor of CC, to attend Gamescom. There would have been no point in inviting that person if they are trying to squeeze CC out of the game.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2013
    FrogPrince wrote:
    Stdlr9 wrote:

I am of the same opinion although EA did invite a person from The Sims Resource, a large purveyor of CC, to attend Gamescom. There would have been no point in inviting that person if they are trying to squeeze CC out of the game.

I figure eventually they will find a way to make cc for the game. I am glad to hear that Sims Resource was invited to attend. I agree that they wouldn't have invited them if cc would not be an option.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited September 2013
    FrogPrince wrote:
    Stdlr9 wrote:

I figure eventually they will find a way to make cc for the game. I am glad to hear that Sims Resource was invited to attend. I agree that they wouldn't have invited them if cc would not be an option.

Yes, thanks for that info. That's a good sign.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    No CC=never purchase at any price. I to, will wait about six months to a year after this...game is released, to see how locked-down it is, and to see how much modders have done with it.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg