Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for The Sims 4 Expansion Packs

* The Sims 4: World Traveling: You can visit 4 new spots in the world: Australia, Italy, Israel and Rio. The new lifestate in the pack is Werewolf (can be found in Australia).

* The Sims 4: Pets: Dogs, Cats & Horses. New lifestates: Unicorn & Pegasus.

* The Sims 4: Time Twister: (Theme: Time Traveling)
You can go to 3 places in the past: 70's, Medieval and Mesozoic.
New lifestate: Angel (Medieval).

* The Sims 4: The A List: (Late Night + Showtime themes) you can be a singer, an actor, a dancer or a model. New lifestate: Fairy.

* The Sims 4: Campus: (University theme). New lifestate: Robot (or Simbot).

* The Sims 4: Nature Life: (Seasons theme) and some outdoors activities. New lifestate: Plantsim

* The Sims 4: Out Of This World: (Theme: Space) Sims can go to space, new world on another planet. New Lifestate: Alien.

* The Sims 4: Relaxin' Hotel: (Hotel theme) New World: "Grand Ocean", Big Hotels (19 floors). New lifestate: Dragon (as an pet).

* The Sims 4: Fairy Tales - (like TS3: Supernatural) Wizards, Vampires, Mermaids, Centaurs (If Pets exist) Superheroes and Elfs.

Comments

• Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    Really great ideas! I especially like anything supernatural, so the last one really tickle my fancy.

But I do want improved vampires and mermaids.
  • Options
    chester7348chester7348 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes I agree all these expansions. My only favorite expansion is seasons because weather has always been my favorite and I do like weather.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    One word Carnivals. :D:wink:
  • Options
    crizzlecrizzle Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2013
    bella7790 wrote:
    * The Sims 4: World Traveling: You can visit 4 new spots in the world: Australia, Italy, Israel and Rio. The new lifestate in the pack is Werewolf (can be found in Australia).

* The Sims 4: The A List: (Late Night + Showtime themes) you can be a singer, an actor, a dancer or a model. New lifestate: Fairy.

* The Sims 4: Nature Life: (Seasons theme) and some outdoors activities. New lifestate: Plantsim

* The Sims 4: Out Of This World: (Theme: Space) Sims can go to space, new world on another planet. New Lifestate: Alien.

* The Sims 4: Relaxin' Hotel: (Hotel theme) New World: "Grand Ocean", Big Hotels (19 floors). New lifestate: Dragon (as an pet).

* The Sims 4: Fairy Tales - (like TS3: Supernatural) Wizards, Vampires, Mermaids, Centaurs (If Pets exist) Superheroes and Elfs.

So you would basically like to re-purchase slightly altered expansion packs that already exist?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope for new themes sprinkled between remakes or I'll be bored to buy some themes for the 4th time...
  • Options
    lucas_12bflucas_12bf Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Rio? Did I read right? It's an awesome idea!
    I hope the SimGurus read this.
    And I don't think your ideas are repetitive. If the things in other Sims games don't appear in TS4, will not be funny!
    I just think the "fairy" lifestate would be better on "Fairy Tales" Expansion pack. :wink:

Hey, you forgot a business EP! And the hotels would be in This EP.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    crizzle wrote:

I would buy these ones if:

World Travelling includes a Japanese or desert themed world (and some kind of public transport).

I would kind of like hotels in the World Travelling EP if possible.

Vampires are mysterious and witches can freeze time! I like having all of the magic stuff in one pack.
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2013
    crizzle wrote:
    bella7790 wrote:

So you would basically like to re-purchase slightly altered expansion packs that already exist?

That's what we're pretty much going to have to do anyway since this is only the base game. :?
  • Options
    bella7790bella7790 Posts: 23
    edited November 2013
    crizzle wrote:

I would buy these ones if:

World Travelling includes a Japanese or desert themed world (and some kind of public transport).

I would kind of like hotels in the World Travelling EP if possible.

Vampires are mysterious and witches can freeze time! I like having all of the magic stuff in one pack.

- Well Australia and Israel are kinda desert themed.

- Yeah but the pack is pretty much based on the Island Paradise idea.

- Why not!? I would like that all of the supernatural lifestates will be mysterious and the Sims need to keep that as a sceret.
  • Options
    lililianblililianb Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    I know this isn't an ep, but I really want a small, east coast beach town kind of place. I also really want a tween age. I can't make myself because I'm not a kid, but I don't look like the teens. It would be so funny if there was a snooty private school, with uniforms and a crest and stuff. There would be a fee, and the kids who went there would faint when they saw public school kids. I'm not saying all private school kids are like this, just ones from those really cray cray brainwash schools.
  • Options
    NFjord_girlNFjord_girl Posts: 21
    edited November 2013
    I really hope that there will be a farming type EP, where there are cows, pigs, alpacas, goats, chickens, etc. and a bonus for that EP could be that you can assign kids and teens chores before and after school. And adults have to mend fences and such, and maybe even the choice to join 4-H, and there are fairs where kids and teens can show their livestock, sell their livestock and have horse shows like cattle sorting, barrel racing, pleasure and halter. I think it'd be really cool. And a pets with horses, dogs, cats. And that we will be allowed to own and breed any animal. And have up to like 20 pets. I'm going all out on this, because I don't plan to buy TS4 until there is some kind of better horse and animals, no shiny long wormy horses and flat backs lol
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2013
    The thing I want most from TS4 is consistency. It seemed like TS3 just branched off in every possible direction with each EP.

I feel, with TS3, the game boasts exploration, goal making, an RPG mixture with the Sims, etc. and that in a way justifies EPs such as world adventures, into the future, island paradise, showtime, ambitions, and such.

But with TS4, it seems the game is going to focused all around emotions, just as EA said themselves. So I feel the EPs should be more geared around expanding the Sim rather than the world around them. EPs such as farm life, carnival, OFB, downtown, seasons, pets (EA can't miss out on that money maker), fantasy, and others feel like EPs that fit in this category and should definitely make an appearance in TS4.

Things like ITF and IP I feel don't belong in TS4 if it's going to be based around the Sim and their feelings/AI. And if they do decide to bring back Showtime, they should try to make it less goal based/grinding and revamp the progression to reflect things other than a simple bar counting XP (with TS1 Superstar features too :D).

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    The thing I want most from TS4 is consistency. It seemed like TS3 just branched off in every possible direction with each EP.

I feel, with TS3, the game boasts exploration, goal making, an RPG mixture with the Sims, etc. and that in a way justifies EPs such as world adventures, into the future, island paradise, showtime, ambitions, and such.

But with TS4, it seems the game is going to focused all around emotions, just as EA said themselves. So I feel the EPs should be more geared around expanding the Sim rather than the world around them. EPs such as farm life, carnival, OFB, downtown, seasons, pets (EA can't miss out on that money maker), fantasy, and others feel like EPs that fit in this category and should definitely make an appearance in TS4.

Things like ITF and IP I feel don't belong in TS4 if it's going to be based around the Sim and their feelings/AI. And if they do decide to bring back Showtime, they should try to make it less goal based/grinding and revamp the progression to reflect things other than a simple bar counting XP (with TS1 Superstar features too :D).

The focus on emotions do not block the way to any kind of EP.They could make EPs about anything,each one enchancing emotions even more.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2013
    You forgot one very important one :-P

The Sims 4: Entrepreneur Life - I want another OFB EP again. I loved this EP, and I was so upset they didn't remake this one. It could be combined with your idea of Relaxin' Hotel. Not only can you build and manage your own business from bakery, retail store, salon and car dealer, but you can build and operate a hotel, resort and even an apartment complex. I'd love the ability to be a landlord, charge NPC Sims rent and deal with problem tenants.

I was very disappointed with the Savvy Seller cop out. Granted, we can build our own business, but it's not the same. There's no restocking, it's essentially 100% profit, aside from initially buying the items on the rug, and your store has no rating system to determine customer loyalty, etc.
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

The focus on emotions do not block the way to any kind of EP.They could make EPs about anything,each one enchancing emotions even more.

I never said they "blocked the way" to any EP nor made it impossible for those themes to return. I said I feel that they should keep the theme of the Sim's emotions and AI consistent in every EP rather than focus on adding goals, exploration, and other RPG elements that most TS3 EPs have.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2013
    They are great ideas, but how ever some of your life state choices for some these EP's are questionable. Like how does a dragon fit in with hotels unless they are just some sort of lifeless decor? Or a fairy fitting into a Showtime type of EP? If anything, these two creatures would fit better in another Dragon Valley world, or another Supernatural EP. :D
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited November 2013
    im not fussed what expansion packs sims 4 have but as long as they do seasons either in base pack or first expansion. and a set dedicated to babies and toddlers - babies more active and dressed, prams, cots, be able to bath toddlers in bathtub.
  • Options
    kandyktxkandyktx Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I love the idea and I think one like island paradise but with a twist like swimming with dolphins etc :D
  • Options
    kandyktxkandyktx Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    And a winter one where they can ice skate in the see and have winter holiday s
  • Options
    MattSuomi9896MattSuomi9896 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited January 2014
    It's pretty certain that the TS4 expansions will be mostly remakes of TS2 and TS3 eps. A lot of people call it lack of creativity, or laziness on EA's part, but I'll defend EA for the first time since 2008-ish by saying that there is no need to reinvent the wheel. A good number of the ep ideas are great. Yeah, they would definitely score some points if they decided to throw some ep features into the base game, or even made games that work no problemo, but we all know that won't be happening. Though I'm sure they'll throw a few new ideas that probably won't be worth $40.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's pretty certain that the TS4 expansions will be mostly remakes of TS2 and TS3 eps. A lot of people call it lack of creativity, or laziness on EA's part, but I'll defend EA for the first time since 2008-ish by saying that there is no need to reinvent the wheel. A good number of the ep ideas are great. Yeah, they would definitely score some points if they decided to throw some ep features into the base game, or even made games that work no problemo, but we all know that won't be happening. Though I'm sure they'll throw a few new ideas that probably won't be worth $40.

My problem is not they remaking EPs from previous games, I just want they to remake them right and not crappy, and i dont have a problem with their high prices as long as the EPs themselves are worthy that price with a lot of well developed content and not fullfilled with Bugs like TS3 Showtime and Supernatural, and Plus as long as they are not making this crap of trowing preview games content that match the current EP with a stupid price in Store,or worse,put the entire EP idea in a crappy set like OFB or break it apart into tons of overpriced store packs like Freetime.

BTW, the few EPs from Thesims3 that are really not remakes from previous games are - Generations,Ambitions and IntotheFuture.

jr73Y.gif

• Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2014
    Expansions I'd like to see :thumbup: :

- Anything with vacationing/world travel
    - Weather (only because it won't be in the base game)
    - Operating/running businesses
    - Some type of space travel/moon colony/space station expansion with WA type quests
    - University (more campuses to choose from and gameplay features more like TS2 expansion)
    - Farming
    - Celebrity/fame EP similar to The Sims Superstar

No more please :thumbdown: :

- Pets (especially horses and unicorns)
    - Supernaturals

• Options
    edited January 2014
    damong63 wrote:

- Some type of space travel/moon colony/space station expansion with WA type quests
    - University (more campuses to choose from and gameplay features more like TS2 expansion)
    - Farming

- Supernaturals

Then dont buy the Pets EP, and i'm sure that there will be supernaturals in all the EPs you said. I just hope they dont pop out everywhere to be anoying ,and i also hope that get really rare and hard to get again.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited January 2014
    damong63 wrote:

- Farming
    - Celebrity/fame EP similar to The Sims Superstar

- Supernaturals

I like the horses and the unicorns in the game. They need to add other animals in the pets expansion. And I also love playing supernatural beings in the game. I don't play a realistic game, I love the supernatural and so I play a fantasy game... :D

You may not want these things but there is plenty enough players who do so EA isn't going to do away with them for just a small handful of players. The Sims is suppose to be a fun game and if they are not in it then it won't be fun game for those who love to play them... :wink:
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited January 2014
    There are some amazing ideas in this thread so far. All i can think of is little improvements of current ones they've done already :P

Business
    ownership/management, hotel, resorts, collectables shop. They've done good and bad attempts in each for the sims 3 and the sims 2 so hopefully they can improve on what they have done by making it better and adding more options for the category and they might get it done better if it was a full expansion for all of the business types.

Pets
    With better and more pet options since it's kind of definite they'll do a Pets expansion for this too, it's a popular expansion pack for the rest of the series.
    1: The horses addition was great in the sims 3 (I love horses) and so much more can be done with them. Ponies addition would be good to expand on a pet expansion pack for children to ride so long as adluts can still lead the pony around.
    2: Bigger range of little critters to befriend around the world and a Birdhouse / critter pen so multiple critters/birds can be put in the one object outside instead of 20 cages/trees inside the house.
    3: I'd love height and weight options for pets because I've always owned little chubby cats and would have loved a chubby cat in-game for example. if they put in the sliding bar options like they are for sims I'd be one happy girl for a long long time.
    4: If they do Unicorns with it I'd like pegasus too, and a special pet version for cats and dogs please, they shouldn't be left out. you could have a Hellhound, Barghest, Cerberus, nemean Lion, Chimera, Manticore.
    5: pet involved jobs (the sim is involved also). horses - jumping, racing, dressage. cats - tv? mouse-catchers? i'm at a loss for these lil guys. dogs: obstacle courses, hunting.

Vacations
    1: More worlds to explore, I get bored with just the 3 all the time. It seems 3 travel destinations is all they are allowed to create for this type of expansion since it's always been 3 so I would be over-joyed if they released a couple via the store.
    2: Bring back Hawaii-style one! and maybe a tropical jungle destination (non-island), a busy city one, Egypt I enjoyed other then it taking forever to get from point A to Point B so I'd like that again. I want an Australia destination, we never get into any games so c'mon, show us aussie players a bit of love.

Seasons
    Another that they always do as an expansion, again please. I love it so much. If they add a ton of extra plants to garden with this that would be awesome to make it more of a nature type expansion pack. Sleigh and reindeer!

Sports
    A few people have mentioned a sports one and I love their ideas. So I won't add more to them. Sports competitions, more sports options with skills and jobs. Netball, Softball, Tennis, basketball, running, archery.

Farming
    I would love to run a farm on the sims 3. The chicken coop and milking barn w/ horses from Pets was almost there, but nowhere near enough to keep lil ol' me happy. I want to breed milk cattle of different breeds, sheep for wool, llamas, alpacas, ostriches for feathers. Orchards, crops, more plants and varieties for gardening on a larger scale. I so hope they fix the time it takes to garden in the base game.

Medieval
    I would love an expansion pack that really changes the game backwards in time, not forwards (Into The Future). Having little electricity using items, no cars, dirt/cobble roads, rustic housing, torches (of course with the build/buy options you can put them in there if you really want to. I know they won't change the entire game just to make it super-realistic but a lot can be done especially via buy/build choices and imagination. Be like visiting your ancestors rather then descendants.

University
    Another always done expansion that is rather popular. They can build on this with 2 university options like a community public college type which is cheap with only a few degree options and a private, expensive one with many degree options. More degree choices with traits etc to go with them. Art, Science, Business, Physical Ed, Medical, Agricultural, Veterinarian, Astrology, History, Mythology for some ideas. Those of course would go well with some sims 3 current jobs as well as add job ideas for sims 4.
    Keeping the social groups idea from the sims 3 would be nice, adding a college reputation could be interesting.

Celebrity
    Gotta love being some famous star in one way or other. I would love if they do one for celebrities but make it HARD to be one, not just becoming friends with stars but excelling in jobs/skills as well.
    One example: Renowned Artist (painter/sculpter etc) - hosting art galleries of their work to get "fame points", having a fan base, celebrity friends and dealing with the media/paparazzi all required to move up celebrity levels.

Supernatural
    Seeing as it's popular and I can't think up many changes/additions since they've covered a lot. My game refuses to run properly during the full moon phase of the sims 3 which is really annoying but a good expansion anyway.

Family
    One specifically for those with sims creating families with lots of baby, kids and teen stuff, good range of part-time jobs for teens and ability to set a specific curfew time that is NOT done by police cause **** that thing is annoying. School options (public and private?) that give scholarship additions for completing based off which school (public or private), skills and grades. Maternity pay for the mum (or one of the parents if same gender adopting a child/one having a child). Pretty much improvements for life stages from baby to teenager and parents.