Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So How Do You Like This SP?

After all the nay saying threads, how do those of you who have it and have been playing with it like it? Are there lots of nifty items? Is it as fun as you thought it would be? :mrgreen:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    Love it. The 3 new radio stations alone make it worth buying. Check out my pic thread for a lot of the items in the sp. :wink:
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really like the western stuff and CAS items. I'll use them quite a bit, along with the things that came with the cow set, so the stuff pack was worth my while. The western art is wonderful in both the latest set and the stuff pack.

Most of the goth stuff is strange/campy rather than true goth, in my opinion. But I'll use one or two items, I suppose, like maybe the bed and a hair style (I like the hair with the lace veil, and I think that was supposed to be goth, but I'm using it ala a Spanish look for Western -- then again, maybe that was what it was intended to be. LOL).

The hero stuff and CAS items are funny, with even a sim version of the batmobile. I suppose I can use some of the things to spiff up the comic book store, or in an arcade for decor. I think some of the hero clothes might work for elves/faeries (there is even one outfit that would work for plant sims). I have to experiment with all that, yet. (If someone was into Spooky Day, any of the hero CAS things could be used for that, as well.)

In short, the Movie Stuff pack has opened up some options and added to my game. So, yes, worth my while, I think. I'm glad I got it. (It is certainly a much better stuff pack than Diesel, my least favorite and least used stuff pack.)

One caveat: I don't do sim videos. So the idea of it being used for movies is meh. I just wanted the CAS things and stuff to widen my play.

I was very happy that the movie set items were only separate incentives to order through Origin, because I didn't want them in my game. I'd never use them and I don't need extra things installed that I won't use.

If I was going to critique this stuff pack, though, I would have to say that making it cover three themes resulted in each theme being spread very, very thin. I would have been disappointed in the western theme, for instance, if I didn't just get the full cow set, because that set filled out what I needed to make the western theme complete enough to make a nice western room/saloon/movie set. Combining those two gave me exactly what I needed, so I'm a happy camper.

And a person would definitely need more goth items to flesh out a room, especially if they were going for a true goth look rather than strange/campy. But goth is not my thing, so I'm no expert on this. Others may be pleased with it. (The snake items could be used for Egyptian, as well. HollownessDevour did a great looking Egyptian room using them.)

The hero stuff mostly needed to be CAS, and they did a good job of that. The car was a nice touch. And the other things will look good in a comic store. But again, very thin if you didn't have anything else to add to the theme, when making a movie set. It reminds me of Showtime stage sets, and I always thought they were a little hokey, having so few items on stage.

I can only suppose that the EA team wanted to draw in as large an audience as possible. But I would have preferred more western things. And I'm sure others would have preferred more of their favorite theme.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited September 2013
    I got the latest Farm set myself as I liked the furniture.

I've been enjoying Catloverplayer's photo thread and it seems that there's a lot of nice objects in this SP. I'm glad that folks are enjoying it. I hopefully will get this and IP for Christmas as I don't have the funds right now to buy either. I'm hoping that the next patch in time for ITF will fix a lot of the IP problems.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've been busy with work but I got a chance to try it out last night and I love it so far. The hairstyles are a big improvement over the ones that came with some of the other SPs and EPs.

I created The Huntress for TS3 and I was thrilled with the motorcycle. It looks a lot like the one she rode in the Batman Hush comic series with the right shades of purple and gold. One of the hairstyles includes a mask that looks a lot like hers but without covering her face, and I recolored one of the costumes that's closest to her comic book appearance.

I have yet to use some of the decor items, but they look really nice. From what I saw, if anyone wants to do a western theme with either Pets or the premium content they will be thrilled with this SP.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love this new stuff pack.

New radio stations are awesome. :thumbup:
  • Options
    s13gabriels13gabriel Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I don't know why I can't get into the game.........

change cd, change cd....... non-stop to loop.....

now I hate this DLC
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just got it a little while ago! I'm still looking through the items.

And let me just say, it's quite an accomplishment when you look through the clothes for, say, two-three minutes, and you find a rather...blushworthy outfit in the YA males section. :oops:

If you've gotten that far, you'll know which one I'm talking about. :lol:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love it!!!! I squealed over the number of items available for the various ages. I freaked out over the teen boy cowboy outfit. I love the full length dresses. I cooed over the elder's outfits. I love the outhouse and the batmobile. Some of the horror outfits are steampunky which is great and the rest are perfect for the Rocky Horror Picture show so now my actor/actress sims can "act" out scenes for horror movies.

Basically awesomeness.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the reviews so far! I'm glad everyone is having fun and I definitely will put this on my Christmas wish list. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, I like it more than I thought I would. I got it for the goth looking furniture and dresses but actually ended up liking the Superhero theme most. It´s so fun to make such characters. But there is one thing that disappoints...there is no outfits for toddlers :(. Clothing and most hairs are nice and there are maybe 5 or 6 new shoes to match with the theme.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited September 2013
    rednenemon wrote:
    I just got it a little while ago! I'm still looking through the items.

And let me just say, it's quite an accomplishment when you look through the clothes for, say, two-three minutes, and you find a rather...blushworthy outfit in the YA males section. :oops:

If you've gotten that far, you'll know which one I'm talking about. :lol:

You mean Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror Picture Show? It's a great cult classic movie.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2013
    I absolutely adore it! My favorite stuff pack of all time. I felt like buy mode could have used a bit more love, but once I got into CAS and saw the amazing clothes that awaited me (gorgeous hairstyles too!) I forgot about buy mode and squealed. The Goth stuff is more Nightmare Before Christmas / Alice in Wonderland (which is PERFECT for me) so complimenting it with the Wonderland set with the store has worked like a dream.

I am in love with this SP. If I could only buy one, this one would definitely be my choice. Very happy simmer right here!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited September 2013
    Jadeleine wrote:
    Well, I like it more than I thought I would. I got it for the goth looking furniture and dresses but actually ended up liking the Superhero theme most. It´s so fun to make such characters. But there is one thing that disappoints...there is no outfits for toddlers :(. Clothing and most hairs are nice and there are maybe 5 or 6 new shoes to match with the theme.

Now after playing with this Stuff Pack more I want to add to this that I like it a lot! It´s in my all time top 3 best Stuff Packs ever. I just love to create various themes in game and this gives me lot to play with. Today I created western saloon and a house. I don´t know which theme is my favorite anymore, they are all good and very well made :D.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited September 2013
    Since we got the cow from the Store, I have moved my household back to Riverview, a world that I played so much of in the beginning of this series.

Of course, since Riverview is like one of the first worlds, it needs a lot of updating. One of the lots I updated was the Juice Bar with all the western items from this SP and Pets EP. I'm really happy with the lot and I especially appreciated the saloon sign from this SP, which I placed in the front of the building. It fit perfectly!

I really like the movie backdrop and the director's set bonus items. I'm definitely going to use them to make a movie stage lot (which will be nice with LN EP).

Finally, I can't say enough about the hairstyles in this SP. I love them all and will use them often!
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'll admit I didn't get the point of this when it first got mentioned, after all it's not like the gameplay includes making movies on a set (like say Superstar in Sims1), so I was a bit indifferent.

But then when I saw the LB's for Into the Future, immediately saw the possibilities for those otherwise useless Superhero outfits. Laser doors and mad scientists with "brain hats".
    When the new world started to be revealed, all the Horror content suddenly became a must have, it's perfect and also adds a lot to Supernatural. These clothes and build/buy are going to look amazing in Midnight Hollow.
    I'm inspired to go back and play Appalloosa Plains and yes Riverview too with the Western theme. (This is probably the weakest part of the pack, doesn't seem to have the same quantity of "stuff")
    Don't even get me started on the whimsical "mad hatter" style furniture, it's adorable!
    This has turned out to be a very good stuff pack, there's a load of content (including some great hair!) to be used that complements the EP's and the new world. And you get a BATMOBILE!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2013
    This has definitely become one of my favorite stuff packs. It's so fun and imaginative. I love the detail that was put into a lot of the clothing and items (the laser doorway is awesome!) I like all of the genres, but I'm especially in love with the superhero themed stuff. I'm a long time comic book fan and I love the Golden Age vibe of the costumes. I can't wait to mix the superhero stuff with items from Into the Future and see what I come up with. I actually find myself imagining all of the great stories that I can tell about occult sims like witches who keep their powers a secret and then run off to fight crime when the sun goes down. :-)

It's definitely a very quirky pack, but I'm in love with it!
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think the Halloween Goth Themed furniture and objects will go great in Midnight Hollow and the Halloween Station as well.
  • Options
    GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2013
    This is the first Stuff Pack for me. All the others for Sims 3 didn't really interest me enough in buying them when they were released (and still I am unsure if I will ever buy them), but when I saw this one -- it instantly caught my eye. I have nothing to compare it to, but I do like what I've seen so far.
    [Fan since The Sims]

• Options
    CaptainSpunkyCaptainSpunky Posts: 35 New Member
    edited September 2013
    THERE'S A BATMOBILE?! eeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TAKE MY MONEY, EA!
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited September 2013
    I bought it because I have bought everything else except Katy Perry, and I have bought every world except Lunar Lakes. I bought it for the items because I love to build more than play. I think this pack is good for those who make movies with a theme. I just my try my hand at making one should be fun.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited September 2013
    Can't say, can't say and can't say.
    My game's been crashing to the desktop uncontrollably. At first, I didn't even get to the city. Then I turned off my well-paid for store content, then it went to C&S. Then it crashed. Now I'm gonna turn off online mode and hope it doesn't crash anymore.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2013
    I bought it for the phone box shower. Of all the costumes I like the superhero's & the rocky horror the best but not enough to use them, they look too fussy for me - which is a shame, because I want to like them. Oh well at least I've got the shower!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks again for posting your comments! I am definitely going to get this IP, and ITF for Christmas. :mrgreen: