Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No collection folder included

Pribebly will need to be patched in. Unfortuanly this means this stuff will be easily missed. There is no collection folder in my game for this sp. Very dissapointing.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited September 2013
    There's no filter icon either? :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have a filter but no collectio folder. First bug of this sp and I found it.
  • jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Can't you just make one?
    edited September 2013
    Can't you just make one?

I made one and when I changed towns it got deleted. There is a bug somewhere in the coding with collection folders that's going to need patching.
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited September 2013
    I thought at first maybe I missed it,then went through my collection folders very slowly.Very odd that they did not include one.I was able to filter each category by the game icon but it would have been nice to have it all it a collection folder.
  • TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited September 2013
    I tried to add the items to a collection myself, but there is no Movie Stuff icon like all other games...I guess I could sort it by genre, but come on. I realize The Sims 4 is coming out, but that is NO reason to slack on the current game that everyone is still playing. This is just pure laziness on EA's part.
    edited September 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    I tried to add the items to a collection myself, but there is no Movie Stuff icon like all other games...I guess I could sort it by genre, but come on. I realize The Sims 4 is coming out, but that is NO reason to slack on the current game that everyone is still playing. This is just pure laziness on EA's part.

It's probebly just a bug but it will hopefully be patched in when the ITF patch comes out. My question is why did the folder I created disappear? That worries me. I worked a while on it.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited September 2013

I hope this gets patched soon...
    Collection folders are very important to me, with all item sets we have due to EPs/ SPs/ Sims Store, that's about the only way I can find things quickly.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just don't think they added it... I wouldn't call it a bug, rather than most likely them just not even thinking about putting it or anything.

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope we eventually get a collection folder for Movie Stuff.

I was surprised as I thought there would a few folders for the different themes.

I was glad that I could sort still using the icon, but the collection folder would be nice.

I hope the SP team notices this thread and we get it patched in.
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2013
    Same here. No collection folder.

We simmers don't miss a thing EH! :wink:

Well I found everything from just sorting in each category. But it would be nicer to have the folder.

Now all I need is an email from EA with my pre-order code. :lol:
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited September 2013
    Don't worry everyone. The folder icon is in the patch, they just forgot to update the collection folder file. It'll probably just be in the ITF patch.
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks MrHawk for the info - hope they fix that soon then. In the meantime, I made my own to use.
    edited September 2013
    I hope they know about this - *bump*.
    edited September 2013
    Here you go guys. These should work
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited September 2013
    I noticed there was a collection folder for the Director's Cut, but I was one of those that didn't get an e-mail with the director's cut until yesterday :roll:

I also went through the collection folders and couldn't find one for Movie Stuff. Will wait for the patch then!
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited September 2013
    MrHawk wrote:
    Here you go guys. These should work

Oh Thank you Mr. Hawk!!!!!!
    edited September 2013
    Thanks so much Mr. Hawk - you're awesome. When you go to create a collection, those 4 icons aren't there to choose from like the other EPs/Sps. Would you be able to fix that too, or do we wait for EA to fix it? If you can't, that's ok. I would hope EA won't take that long to fix it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2013
    I hope they know about this - *bump*.

They do. :D

Crin ‏@crinrict 7h
    @SimGuruSarah Do you guys know that the movie stuff pack is missing the collection ?
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Sarah Holding ‏@SimGuruSarah 6h
    @crinrict Yes, that was brought up on the forums : (
    edited September 2013
    Thanks cat - I'm glad they know about it then.
    edited September 2013
    Thanks so much Mr. Hawk - you're awesome. When you go to create a collection, those 4 icons aren't there to choose from like the other EPs/Sps. Would you be able to fix that too, or do we wait for EA to fix it? If you can't, that's ok. I would hope EA won't take that long to fix it.

I had to mod the collection file to use those icons. They're there in the game. EA will add the stuff pack icon for sure, at a minimum. Not sure about the others. I took them from the three music channels.

I will be bringing out a collection folder mod soon that includes all official packs (like the store worlds) as well as a slew of other icons from in the games. It'll be aimed at those who have everything, since the icons from games people don't have just appear as blank squares. It should be on my site soon.

Everyone, please feel free to use the collections I posted until the ITF patch. I'm sure EA'll have it updated in that patch.
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Mr. Hawk - I downloaded the collections you made for Movie Stuff to use until EA releases the ITF patch.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited September 2013
    There's not alot of buy mode content so in a way this doesn't surprise me, but still it's very unusual that they wouldn't include one.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks MrHawk your an absolute Dream and it's great to see you around the forums again. You've been missed :!:
  • azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you! Sometimes I wished they had collections for clothes.. :)