Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skymyst's Campus Life - IMPORTANT UPDATE TO MY UPDATE ~ PLEASE READ!

Comments

• SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ok Q and A Time...

Scorpio....

This one was answered the FAQ section but no worries, I am always updating it so it can be easy to over-look.
    1. You state we may enter up to 4 times between the four different sections so does that mean we can only enter 1 fraternity brother, 1 sorority member, etc. or can we say enter three fraternity members and one fraternity house?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: The number of entries you allow always changes, How many times can I enter this contest?

A: Since this is a two part contest to keep things simple I am going to allow a total of 4 entries between both parts. The theory behind this is that you can enter 2 CAS and 2 Build entries however since I know not everyone can build or likes to create Sims you can mix and match your 4 entries however you wish. So feel free to enter 3 Sims, 1 build; 4 Sims; ect.

Q. Do you want the Sims uploaded from CAS or as a household?

A: Which every way you prefer. If your Sim comes with Skills/items upload them as a household, if they are straight out of CAS feel free to upload them that way. This is going to depend greatly on how you wish to do your entry.

ERJ...

Q: Do you want a special lot size?

A: Lot size is up to you. Remember it is a frat/Sorority House so you need at least a few different bedrooms and such, so take that in consideration but lot size is up to you!

• scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Skymyst. I should have my two frat boy entries up tomorrow. Just need pics then.
    Thank you for answering the questions and sorry I overlooked the one answer. :oops:
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sky, it looks like it's off to a roaring start. This is going to be fun. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
    edited September 2013
    Ok, I thought we needed some inspiration to help get those creative juices flowing!

So here is the front entrance to a Sorority.

Tuscaloosa037.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hiya Sky!

Just a quick question: I know it states no CC, but if I use a skin that won't transfer with the download (only will show in pictures) - is that okay?
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2013
    Edit: Oops, sorry, never mind. Read the rules again and the answer is in there. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • QuiBeMeQuiBeMe Posts: 2,363 Member
    edited September 2013
    i am SOOOO interested in this contest! count me in! cant wait to see the competition
    edited September 2013
    YAY! So much interest! Glad to see it. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
    edited September 2013
    *sneaks in*

Anyone around?! :mrgreen:

*sneaks out*
    edited September 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Hiya Sky!

Just a quick question: I know it states no CC, but if I use a skin that won't transfer with the download (only will show in pictures) - is that okay?

Will it show in your pictures? If so then no, since it would impact the judging of your images.
    edited September 2013
    Here is some college kids for inspiration!

students-300x200.jpg
    edited September 2013
    I actually have a question that is not in the rules this time (I double checked 8) )

I'm assuming the major that we pick has to actually be one that can be picked in game, correct? Or can it be any? (Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I've been a space nut recently and kind of slow on the uptake :oops: )
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    edited September 2013
    lopithecus wrote:
    I actually have a question that is not in the rules this time (I double checked 8) )

I'm assuming the major that we pick has to actually be one that can be picked in game, correct? Or can it be any? (Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I've been a space nut recently and kind of slow on the uptake :oops: )

This is a really good question, and being that I love a good story. I am going to say you can pick anything you want. Make one up if you wish (but if you do - give some details about it. lol). However, try to remember that the school is "Fine Arts" so try to keep it in lin with something that might be seen at a Fine Arts school - so Law might not be something you might wish to apply for. While you are welcome to, if I were a guessing person.... I would think the people looking at the applications might look more at fine arts students over business majors. Just a hunch of course!
    edited September 2013
    Skymyst wrote:
    lopithecus wrote:

This is a really good question, and being that I love a good story. I am going to say you can pick anything you want. Make one up if you wish (but if you do - give some details about it. lol). However, try to remember that the school is "Fine Arts" so try to keep it in lin with something that might be seen at a Fine Arts school - so Law might not be something you might wish to apply for. While you are welcome to, if I were a guessing person.... I would think the people looking at the applications might look more at fine arts students over business majors. Just a hunch of course!

Right, right, that would make sense. Thank you. :)
    k55mmxl
    edited September 2013
    Skymyst wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    Hiya Sky!

Will it show in your pictures? If so then no, since it would impact the judging of your images.

Okie me dokes -- already have my little lady made -- just need to take pictures and all that jazz! :mrgreen:
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Sky!! Glad your back!! Its great to see you...You can add another 2000 simspoints if you want :wink:
    edited September 2013
    Hey Sky!! Glad your back!! Its great to see you...You can add another 2000 simspoints if you want :wink:

WoW! Thanks Bandcamp! As Always you never fail to help make my contest great! This puts the prize pool at 9400 in Sim Points plus a Download Code and Featured in Rawr's Mag! Surely This Sure Help Get Some Attention!!!!

I will redo the prizes here in a few! would you like to judge as well? We can have one more judge since prizes are so nice, we could use a nice well rounded panel!!! If you are up for that is?

~~~~~EDIT~~~~~

Prizes have been updated.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2013
    Skymyst wrote:

WoW! Thanks Bandcamp! As Always you never fail to help make my contest great! This puts the prize pool at 9400 in Sim Points plus a Download Code and Featured in Rawr's Mag! Surely This Sure Help Get Some Attention!!!!

I will redo the prizes here in a few! would you like to judge as well? We can have one more judge since prizes are so nice, we could use a nice well rounded panel!!! If you are up for that is?

~~~~~EDIT~~~~~

Prizes have been updated.

Sounds great to me thanks for the invite :wink:
    edited September 2013
    I'm almost done with the sorority (just got the landscape left and will finish that up tomorrow.)

Can we post the sororities/fraternities before we have the sims made or should we wait until we can post all of them?
    k55mmxl
    edited September 2013
    lopithecus wrote:
    I'm almost done with the sorority (just got the landscape left and will finish that up tomorrow.)

Can we post the sororities/fraternities before we have the sims made or should we wait until we can post all of them?

You can post before, I believe.

All of your entries should be in a separate post.

Hope that helps :mrgreen:
    edited September 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    lopithecus wrote:

Lopithecus,

Aricarai would be right you can post your entries in whatever order you wish - just make sure each entry is in its own separate post to keep things nice and simple for me and the other judges.

I can not wait to see what you come up with!
    edited September 2013
    Skymyst wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    lopithecus wrote:

Lopithecus,

Aricarai would be right you can post your entries in whatever order you wish - just make sure each entry is in its own separate post to keep things nice and simple for me and the other judges.

I can not wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks, both of you.

All I have to do now is take some pictures and upload. Will be doing that after my class in a few hours.

I hope you like it. It was really fun to build (especially since I have no clue what goes into a sorority so it's all guess work. :mrgreen: )

Edit: Okay, so I actually don't have time right now to post it but tomorrow, it will definitely be posted. I've already uploaded it but just don't have time to post images and fill out the form.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    k55mmxl
    edited September 2013
    Creator's Name/Users Name: Lopithecus

Fraternity or Sorority: Sorority

House Name: Ivy House

Tell Us About House: This house can fit up to six girls. It includes kitchen, dining, lounge, TV area, painting/drawing section, desk with a computer, half bath, full bath upstairs (two stalls, two sinks, two showers), entertainment area upstairs, and three bedrooms (each with a bunkbed). Outside there is a hottub, fire pit, bonfire, soccer, golf, horseshow, and water slippy slide.

What Are The Common House Interests? What Are Some of the Things In the House To Do? There is painting and drawing/graphing (since it is for a Fine Arts University), there's also some soccer, Frisbee, golf, horseshoe, water slippy slide, bonfire, firepit, hottub, pool, foosball, darts, and a few other things.

What Does Your Your House Do In Their Free Time? They practice their skills in order to get to the top.

Tell us about the house layout. There's a kitchen, dining room, lounge, TV section, art section, half bathroom downstairs. Upstairs, it's pretty open to the right (facing from the front), three bedrooms to the left (bunk beds in each), then a full bathroom upstairs (two stalls, two sinks, and two showers).

Who or What Influenced When Creating This House? (This Can be Real Person/House/Sorority Ect. Or Made Up - After All This is The Sims!): Well, who influenced me was the great Fuzzini, my high school art teacher. (Note: That is made up :wink: )

Tell Us Some Specs/Important Details about Your House? Our house is all about the art. There's paintings and photos all over the walls in order to give inspiration. The theme that is throughout the house is mostly nature in order to give everyone a calming sensation while practicing their art.

What is your House Motto? Believe in yourself until you succeed and when you do, keep believing in yourself. There's nothing you can't do. :mrgreen:

What does your House Stand For? Art isn't everything, but art is life. We stand for the appreciating of all the art around us that makes for a better and happier life.

What is your House Against? Thinking that no one is good at art. Don't say you can't draw, because if you can make a stick figure and a box house, then you can draw. :mrgreen:

Do You Have House Colors? What Are Your House Colors? Blue, Pink, White

Lastly, tell us why your house should be picked over other Fraternities or Sororities? Our house should be picked because we pride ourselves over making the world a better place filled with art to inspire.

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7670380

Pictures: (Need at least 5 shots)

Video with more pictures

k48kw4x
    lnopxfc
    m3g2jdd
    l7rt4xx
    lurgwqx
    k55mmxl
    edited September 2013
    Sorry Sky, :( for being absent from the thread so much, but I've not been well and was immersing myself in a contest remodel. I'm back now. :mrgreen: Can't wait to see some entries. :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited September 2013
    great looking entry lopithecus!!
    rec'd :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top