Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather & Pets will not be in the base game

I looked up on the simsvip and there was some features what the sims 4 is gonna have and for those of you like weather and pets well I got bad news weather and pets will not be in the base game. Well after the sims 4 gets released I hope they make the sims 4 seasons like they do on other sims include sims 2 and sims 3. But I hope we don't get to wait another 3 years for the sims 4 seasons expansion because 3 years of waiting is like being in 3 years in prison because 3 years of waiting is forever.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yea I'd like for seasons to be the first ep so they can release a vacation ep as the second one. To have a proper vacation ep you need a seasons one first. Pets could be the third ep and I'd be happy. Amusement parks could be in the seasons ep. I want them bad.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    I looked up on the simsvip and there was some features what the sims 4 is gonna have and for those of you like weather and pets well I got bad news weather and pets will not be in the base game. Well after the sims 4 gets released I hope they make the sims 4 seasons like they do on other sims include sims 2 and sims 3. But I hope we don't get to wait another 3 years for the sims 4 seasons expansion because 3 years of waiting is like being in 3 years in prison because 3 years of waiting is forever.

You're a little late. :wink:
  • zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited September 2013
    Old news, dude.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited September 2013
    what do expect from EA? It's another money hungry company that wants YOU/US to spend more on their product, thus have an expansion pack for Sims 4 weather and Pets!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited September 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

You're a little late. :wink:

This.

• RamssesRamsses Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really hope they add Pets as the first expansion, I like to play with at least 2 dogs per household.
    No dogs, no fun. :(
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope they do a better job with the pets. I can't play horses at all, it will kill my town every time.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2013
    catitude5 wrote:
    I hope they do a better job with the pets. I can't play horses at all, it will kill my town every time.

You must play on a mac. I've macs have a hard time with horses.
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I can't think of playing without having pets or self-employed careers and stuff. The first day is great of playing quite normally with simple careers, but it gets boring really soon. I like the new ideas in sims but to be honest, I don't want to have to spend my money on a cartoon version of the game I already have.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited September 2013
    Chester7348

What did you expect? I was pretty confident that they weren't going to include pets ( other than maybe fish or insects if you count them ) or weather in the base game. EA specifically said that they would be focusing on the Sims themselves. A lot of people insist that pets and weather are the "basics" and therefor should be included in the base game. The trouble is, from the standpoint of the Sims games, they're not the "basics" and never have been. Besides, I think they'll be able to do a much better job with both pets and weather if they make separate expansion packs for both of them, instead of trying to cram extra stuff into the base game.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yea I'd like for seasons to be the first ep so they can release a vacation ep as the second one. To have a proper vacation ep you need a seasons one first. Pets could be the third ep and I'd be happy. Amusement parks could be in the seasons ep. I want them bad.

Catloverplayer,

I'd much rather the first expansion pack be an "Open for Business type" expansion pack. Pets and weather are great, but I really want a lot more stuff to build first, and I have a feeling they'll do something similar with a Sims 4 seasons EP that they did with the Sims 3 seasons. Mainly I think they won't give us a new town, but instead give us some type of festival lot. Most likely, very little Amusement park stuff will be included. I think things like Roller Coasters are highly unlikely in a Seasons EP, since they tend to be huge in real life, and they could take up, at least half of a 64 by 64 lot. Hopefully we'll eventually get an amusement part Expansion pack as well.
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited September 2013
    nonono

uni then seasons and i could care less about pets
  • Blue9iteBlue9ite Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    We can't just come to a conclusion based on what the website had.

The trailer had tons of Easter Eggs hinting of Llamas and turtles so who knows? Maybe weather and a few animals will be in the base game but with limited features.

All I've seen from SimsVIP is what EA Games revealed afterwards. They might get new information later on involving other things.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi :D

Why would anyone expect their big expansions to be included in the base game. Just reading base game would lead most to think of expansions. The way it's always been.

... just to add. I hope Pets are near last. I've not enjoyed them at all- in The Sims, in The Sims 2, nor in The Sims 3. :(
    And I love horses and puppies and kittens and squirrels... :( but not spiders. :lol: