Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for -brand- new Supernaturals!

We all love our beloved vampires, witches, plantsims, etc, but what about something totally new? I'm all up for it! That's why I brainstormed and made up these ones:

Simclop or CyclopSim - With one eye Sim, kind of like Leela from Futurama. They may be stronger than usual sims, but lack in judging distances/learn skills a little slower (if you include their mythology). I think it'd be great, maybe even have 3 eyed Sims for a change too. OR I'd atleast love an ability to merge 2 eyes into 1 in CAS. :D

Simmius - Not sure yet with the name, but it'd be the most Sim of all Sims! Like, they'd have power to cast Simminess of past games on other Sims. Example - Cast a spell to make their pathfinding difficult, making them wave hands in the air and can't walk over plates like in last games. By the power of Sims! Simmius him/herself can teleport place to place. Control other's emotions (to a degree), etc. :3

BerrySims - I've read so many Rainbow/Berry Sim stories and totally love them. x3 So maybe they could appear as a Supernatural state in the game? That's just a suggestion, because it's mostly just a colorful skintone, but it'd be really neat to also have abilities.

Sim Elementals (like Fire, water, earth, and wind) - Don't need explanation because it's obviously awesome. They could turn into pure element (ex. Water -> Become water Sim, like water ghost in Sims 3) and use elemental power on things (Set fire, summon rain/puddles, freeze people/objects, great gardening). Wind Sims can resemble either harpies (feathers/wings) or have swirling wind around them. It won't be hard because it just needs elemental animation around them like Sims3 Fairies, except not just behind their backs.

^ if Elementals won't work, then give more powers to Fairies/Plantsims, Mermaids, and create some sort of Fire and Wind Sim Supernaturals (Pyromaniac and Harpie?) so it could be possible.

Post your comments and ideas. It's a brainstorming thread for EA Sims 4 develops to see and perhaps incorporate into gameplay. :)!

Thank you and happy Simming!

Comments

• GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I think we should have chupacabras and Cthulhu.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    Okay, the "Simclop" made me laugh. I think that is the name they should use if adding them.

And, so far, not seeing a single bad idea in the bunch ^^
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited September 2013
    Okay, the "Simclop" made me laugh. I think that is the name they should use if adding them.

And, so far, not seeing a single bad idea in the bunch ^^

Thank you! :D I love Supernatural Sims and I'd love if they were given more detail this time around!

I also think of adding WereLlama to the list! Just imagine, it's like werewolf but sloppy and drooly, haha. It can give random School Cheer, drool (in Sims4 gameplay we saw tears from Ollie guy, so why not drool?), and chewing grass. Hehe, it'd add some humor ^^ it doesn't have to be a full lifestate, maybe a disease you get if bitten by Llama pet assuming we will get farm animal life EP one day. When they walk they could also have shedding fur fall animation (light hairs falling when they walk) to add funniness. Hahaha :D
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I would love sim elementals.

a LOT :shock:

*gets down on hands and knees*
    "PLEASE EA!!!"
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think they should have pet chupacabras that look like scary little black dogs with terror faces and big fangs. :D
  • Pippi1409Pippi1409 Posts: 271 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't like Supernaturals.Witches are okay,that's all.
    Everyone does not like them.
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ok let me see...

-Simclops: No... Slightly altered normal sims tend to make poor supernaturals.
    -Simmius: NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! This is why no one liked the Mummy in The Sims 3. You cannot make a sim unfunctional. Besides this interferes with my most wanted Supernatural sim... of the MySim or MySim Robot (I actually do like the Mysim robot design)
    -BerrySims: No. There are no reasonable abilities and the ability to make different colored sims existed in base Sims 3 and fulfilled this.
    -Elementals: Now THIS is an idea! It needs quite a bit of work though.

I see where you are stuck. You are on "A Supernatural is just the powers a sim has" in which case I should add that quite a bit of people even wondered if the Witch should have been a supernatural sim in the first place (And frankly I kind of agree).

Elementals can work because they could change up how you handle a sim and how you would use them. A Fire Sim might have a fire need and make the rooms they are in much hotter. That would change their gameplay.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I want hybrids 1/2 and 1/2-ers. Witch-Vampires, Genie-Mersims, Alien-Plantsims, type thing.

Human-hybrids have a chance of certain traits from each of the corresponding races. Like a Sim that is Human-Vampire: reads minds, pale skin but non glowing eyes, no night powers nor feeding type thing. Or has to feed, glowing eyes and normal skin but can't read minds etc. And with 2 special races it is more complicated. This to me would be super neat :)
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2013
    is for making werewolves more useful, Nymphs, centaurs, minotaurs, zombies (yes I said zombies that arent mindless drooling face nomers.), sirens and mermaids from the start..kelps a pain... There's so many supernaturals you could make even super natual pets......
    What about hybrids?? I married a witch and a vampire and all you get is witch or vampire babies...never crosses. :(
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well to me that is sort of the first mistake in thinking.

A Supernatural Sim doesn't need to be useful... At all.

While there is a fine line between unhelpful and annoying (as the Mummy is a testament to)... A Supernatural doesn't need to give any enhancement whatsoever.

The Werewolf's failing was mostly that they were perfectly functional and almost perfectly untouched.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited September 2013
    I would really like supernatural to be better in 4. I hope ghosts are more scary and werewolves and vampires aren't so happy go lucky. lol If nothing else I hope ghosts are actually scary for the sims and do a better jump of haunting homes.
  • yhuntresseyhuntresse Posts: 94 Member
    edited September 2013
    I had a dream once about Medusa sims. The idea someone else had for Angels and Demons sounds good as well.
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love these ideas. My two hopes are for dryads and grimalkins; explained here:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9672647.page#29994691
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    Not sure about the others, but having Sim Elementals sounds AWESOME! Yes please :) It would be cool if Sims could turn to water to get themselves out of sticky situations!

I want shape shifters. I'd like Sims to lean how to fly, turn into fish or hunt in the woods. Imagine how handy flying would be... If a Sim was late to work they could quickly turn into an eagle, swoop into the office ...and avoid awkward questions about feathers...!
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    Pippi1409 wrote:

Who's Everyone?
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd love to see the supernaturals we already have, only evolved. Like the plantsims could look more mysterious and forest-like in TS4; the vampires could look scarier; the zombies would be able to spread their disease easier; the werewolves would turn more wolf-like and wreck more terror around town; witches would be more powerful and have more spells... etc. you get my point. :mrgreen:

But seeing new supernaturals would be great too.
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    -Simclops: No... Slightly altered normal sims tend to make poor supernaturals.
    -Simmius: NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! This is why no one liked the Mummy in The Sims 3. You cannot make a sim unfunctional. Besides this interferes with my most wanted Supernatural sim... of the MySim or MySim Robot (I actually do like the Mysim robot design)

Hey Neonivek, thanks for feedback. ^^

I just wanted to clarify that the Simmius would not be like a Mummy at all. This Supernatural will have the power of Plumbob, that is, temporarily casting funny/silly spells on other Sims that'd make them act like classical Sims. Those Sims could, for maybe 4 hours, get hallucinations of Bunny everywhere, or go crazy and the doctor would come to patch them up (Sims 2), or they could even start to walk around and act like Sims 1 temporarily. Simmius could also do good silly Sims things! Like make them dance like in Sims 1, 2 or 3! Give them a Plumbob fruit to eat and feel inspired all day! He/She could also manipulate emotions, since they'd be popular in Sims 4. Like make them feel hysterical and run around laughing at different objects. Hehe!

Simclops - If not a supernatural, it'd be great to have it anyway, an option to make 1 eyed Sims. I loved making those in Sims 2 where I could combine the both eyes into one big beautiful one. It'd add a fun diversity~! I just wish we would atleast get the option to because in Sims 3 none of the sliders (even with hacks) would be extreme enough for me to combine the two eyes. I tried seeking help in making Eye Distance slider x10 but no volunteers. :P Anyways, those are my simple ideas.

Happy Simming! :D
    edited September 2013
    Valandis wrote:
    I'd love to see the supernaturals we already have, only evolved. Like the plantsims could look more mysterious and forest-like in TS4; the vampires could look scarier; the zombies would be able to spread their disease easier; the werewolves would turn more wolf-like and wreck more terror around town; witches would be more powerful and have more spells... etc. you get my point. :mrgreen:

But seeing new supernaturals would be great too.

I totally agree! Vampires need to be scary and yet charming with all the danger and bloodlust. Like in Ann Rice's books, those are the true vampires! I just finished reading few of her books, and the setting is in New Orlens so I'm excited because Sims 4 is like New Orleans as well! :D

Me too! I hope Mermaids will get more attention this time and would be able to kiss underwater, and sing to charm the sailors as sirens. I'd also love some water spells for them, and floppy fish animation when they crawl out of the water on sand to dry or bathe in the bathtub and turn into mermaid. x3 Anything but just the glorified swimsuit!

Witches need more spells, I agree. And I hated those "bladder, hunger, etc" spells, I mean c'mon, it's easy enough to max out skills already, we don't need this! I want fun and exciting spells. I really enjoyed the frog spell, love, fire, and ice spells. I want more - Teleportation, enhanced transmutation, change-look spell (lasting for 1-2 hours, totally randomizes your look so people around you don't know you >:D), challenging magic duels like in Sims 1, different spell effects/colors based on emotion (Happy/Inspired could make nice witch golden glow, and angry could lead to red/green evil spells, embarrassed is pink and shaky/shy actions, while depressed is blue and down). I wouldn't want to see lots of spells tho like "Cast a spell... Embarrassing situation!, etc." because it'd again mean less space for fun spells.
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope we can make mermaids in create a sim, like we can with witches ghost vampires and werewolves. Would like to see hybrid children too, not just the either or when they have offspring.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited September 2013
    Simclops? No. I wouldn't play them. It will give me nightmares. :P

But elemental Sims? HELL YES! I mean you don't know how awesome it would be to recreate the old gang from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I could make Toph and Zuko! Omg I so wanted those two to be together O_O.

Sorry I had to fan girl a bit. I just really loved that show.

Yes. I like your ideas... Except the Simclops. :)

Pandagirl out
    edited September 2013
    Simclops? No. I wouldn't play them. It will give me nightmares. :P

But elemental Sims? HELL YES! I mean you don't know how awesome it would be to recreate the old gang from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I could make Toph and Zuko! Omg I so wanted those two to be together O_O.

Sorry I had to fan girl a bit. I just really loved that show.

Yes. I like your ideas... Except the Simclops. :)

Pandagirl out

Hehehe, I loved the Last Airbender. :D My boyfriend says I look and sound so much like Toph... except Water bending would be my thing. :P

I believe SimElementals would be great and EA should include them! It has so much fun potential, plus its something new and new is great! It'd be fun if a Fire Elemental would burst into brighter flames and will be able to set things on fire when they're in fit of rage, or a Water Elemental would cry puddles all over the house once depressed. xD Earth Elementals could easily manipulate gardening and be more emotionally stable (like a rock), whereas Wind and Water could easily change. Incase the Elemental of Water/Fire/Wind also has an Over-Emotional trait, they could perhaps be more resistant to their Natural Emotion (Fire-Anger, Water-Sadness, Wind-Inspiration?) so they don't die from it easily.

:D I'm excited for Sims 4 and I hope they include this!!!
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013
    Pippi1409 wrote:

Who's Everyone?

Me. Have a Supernatural EP, if you will. We just don't need them every EP...