Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the best traits and skills for a Witch sim?

What are the best/interesting traits and skills for a Witch sim to learn/have? I just want to play around with a witch on his own, being a rather dark and lonesome witch.

Comments

• ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited September 2013
    This is kind of a loaded question, because skills and traits aren't generally lifestate specific. If you want a "dark and lonesome" witch, perhaps Brooding or Loner? Unless you want the witch to be a hot mess, then I'd pick neurotic and social butterfly. Skills-wise, witches do get a boost to Alchemy, but other than that they can learn any skill.

It really all boils down to how you want to play the game. Do you want your witch to be loving and generous, or a child-hating miser? Even the default witches come with a fairly wide variety of personalities and skillsets.

Good luck with your game.
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited September 2013
    It depends. If you want a "dark" witch, use traits like Loner or Brooding, like ShadeDaystar said.

Or, you can also try an unorthodox approach, and have the witch have an unusual trait, like Computer Whiz or Schmoozer.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well by skills I mean what contributes/contrasts nicely with a Witch/Alchemy.

And hmmm, Loner and Brooding sound really good actually, because it's not the stereotypical "evil" trait but it appears quite dark.
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well if you have the 'evil' trait, instead of summoning regular apples, you can summon poisoned apples :lol:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    Being a cat lover is practical too. Witches learn their spells a lot faster with a cat around. While the cat is nearby, your Sim will cast spells at half their usual magic power value and gain skill experience 20% faster.

Brooding means that they think about everything a lot. So when someone stops being his friend it will really really make him sad and wonder why (pleasure in red). It isn't necessarily darkish.

Witches are real fun to play with! Don't forget the broom :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited September 2013
    My witch has some of these traits: Brave, Green Thumb, Angler, Handy, Gatherer. :)
    YShQCz1.png
  • SupernaturalStarSupernaturalStar Posts: 224
    edited September 2013
    A lonesome witch....

For traits maybe try Brooding, Loner, Gatherer (helps if you're using Alchemy), Bookworm (helps read books faster), Green Thumb (helps learn gardening faster), Night Owl, Social Awkward (could be the cause for his loneliness), and maybe some type of "artsy" skills like Artistic or Virtuoso (because he's alone and needs an outlet for his feelings other than just his spells?) Of course, these traits will depend on which EPs you own...

As for skills: Alchemy (which is a given for a witch), Collecting (need to collect bugs and gems for some elixirs), Gardening (cheaper to grow alchemy ingredients than to buy), Fishing (alchemy elixirs will start using fish around lv 5)

I think someone above already mentioned owning a cat. Witches learn spells faster with cats around plus they get a nice mood boost. Also, a cat is a good companion for a witch that doesn't want to be around people. The "Magic Hands" lifetime reward causes your witch to ditch his wand and spells never fail now. The "Philosopher's Stone" lifetime rewards is a good one, too. It will allow your witch to turn items (and his enemies) into gold but be careful because it can backfire and kill your witch sim instead.

That's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps. :)
  • TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited September 2013
    All of the above.

I would also suggest developing skills such as gardening and fishing, if you intend on making your witch a successful alchemist. The gatherer trait should help with finding ingredients as well.

In terms of personality, I generally try to stay away from stereotypes and pick traits based on my own preferences or the story I'm trying to play out rather than the sim's life state.

Edit: Oh, and maybe the "born salesperson" trait could be helpful if your sim intends to pursue a career in alchemy. It will help with selling the elixirs :mrgreen: