Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Bella Goth a Vampire in TS4 *Picture Attached*

I was over at the other forum for this game and stumbled across a thread that caught my interest. Apparently it as to do with Bella and Mortimer Goth. I guess they are confirmed townies, but are they human?

Bellagothofficaltrailer4.png

I see fangs! Does this mean vampires in the base game? If so, I just hope they're scary. No more Twilight crap.

Am I the only one seeing this? :lol:

Comments

• Options
    misgavmisgav Posts: 249 New Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    I was over at the other forum for this game and stumbled across a thread that caught my interest. Apparently it as to do with Bella and Mortimer Goth. I guess they are confirmed townies, but are they human?

I see fangs! Does this mean vampires in the base game? If so, I just hope they're scary. No more Twilight crap.

same here! i was like:

omgomgogmgomgomgogmgomgomgogmogmgomg vampires in base game?!?!? :O
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    misgav wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

same here! i was like:

omgomgogmgomgomgogmgomgomgogmogmgomg vampires in base game?!?!? :O

Glad I'm not the only one. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nice catch! I certainly hope so...I love my vampires :)
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think you guys are probably reading a bit too much into this. We could also conclude that Bella Goth is going to be a blob in the Sims 4 based on that image. I really doubt that they'll have vampires in the base game. They might, but I'm really expecting them to just focus on normal sims. I wouldn't be surprised if the only other playable life state in the base game are playable ghosts like in the Sims 3.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    I thought the same thing: VAMPIRES!

errr ... maybe. :wink:

The fact that the picture was one of the "easter eggs" along with pictures of a teddy bear and a grilled cheese sandwich (and a few other things) may point to there being something about vampires in the base game. After all, EA told us we are SUPPOSED to be taking the pictures as hints for what's in the game ... thus the whole "easter egg" thing.

The only other explanation is that maybe EA only put the vampire fangs in there as a symbol to indicate "Goth." But I'm thinking vampires.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    I thought the same thing: VAMPIRES!

errr ... maybe. :wink:

The fact that the picture was one of the "easter eggs" along with pictures of a teddy bear and a grilled cheese sandwich (and a few other things) may point to there being something about vampires in the base game. After all, EA told us we are SUPPOSED to be taking the pictures as hints for what's in the game ... thus the whole "easter egg" thing.

The only other explanation is that maybe EA only put the vampire fangs in there as a symbol to indicate "Goth." But I'm thinking vampires.

Same.

I mean Goth doesn't really mean fangs. That's why I'm thinking that the picture is foreshadowing Bella Goth as a vampire.
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2013
    Good catch! I mean, the fangs could mean nothing, but why even add the fangs at all if it's not a reference to anything?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good catch! I mean, the fangs could mean nothing, but why even add the fangs at all if it's not a reference to anything?

Exactly.

Off topic: Did you see the link I posted regarding to pregnancy in TS4?
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't think vampires will be added
    The fangs are just creepy and the goth family is creepy so i guess they related them
    I think the goth family will be important and that Bella Goth is gonna be similar to the sims and the sims 2, after all they are trying to bring back a lot of classics, thats why im so excited :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The fangs are just creepy and the goth family is creepy so i guess they related them
    I think the goth family will be important and that Bella Goth is gonna be similar to the sims and the sims 2, after all they are trying to bring back a lot of classics, thats why im so excited :D

Well Bella Goth has been in the game for 4 games now. It would make sense if she were a vampire considering vampires live forever. And she's always been around :wink:
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited September 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

Well Bella Goth has been in the game for 4 games now. It would make sense if she were a vampire considering vampires live forever. And she's always been around :wink:

True... as long as she isnt a baby or a child again ill be happy haha
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

Exactly.

Off topic: Did you see the link I posted regarding to pregnancy in TS4?

Looking now! :-)
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really hope they don't have vampires in the base game.

The last thing I would want is for them to make an occult, then revamp it later. Sure, the new vampires were awesome, but I think they should have planned out a bit better. They could have used LN's vampire coding for other things.

If they supply a well formed occult, now, well, that's a different story. (A better one, too. :wink: )
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's a reference to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

220px-The_Rocky_Horror_Picture_Show.jpg
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    I didn't think there would be vampires in the base game. I actually hope there are no vampires in the base game because I think EA really needs to work on their vampires. I appreciate all kinds of occults and fantasy elements in the game, but I did NOT appreciate the vampire plague in Sims 3!

Due to the vampire lore that has been around since before EA or the Sims ever existed, the vampire plague is always a risk. Several authors in the past have found creative ways to limit the plague and EA needs to take a close look at some of those solutions and come up with something that works within the game.

If they can manage to eliminate the concern of the vampire plague, and they provide the type of gameplay that people want from vampire sims, then that would be fantastic and I'd totally love to play some vampire sims in Sims 4!!!!

However, to answer your original question regarding Bella Goth--I don't think so. It doesn't fit with the Bella Goth lore.

Aliens are part of the Bella Goth lore, however, and a major part of the Sims lore. I desperately want aliens to be in the Sims 4 base game, with the genetics and powers given to them in Sims 3. If they can be even more expanded upon than what Sims 3 did, that would be EVEN BETTER :mrgreen: To me, aliens have always been the very best occult sims, and the most fun to play with in the long term.

So I hope Bella will come back with some awesome alien friends!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited September 2013
    When the aliens abducted her, they injected her with something that turned her into a vampire-like creature possibly? IDK, just throwing ideas out there :lol:
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited January 2014
    What I think is that some twilight fan working on the team decided to make her a vampire because she has the same name. As Bella is a sim who likes skulls and gothic things maybe she.. I really don't know. Making her a vampire is beyond me. Maybe it's just a book she wrote about vampires. But then we can also say that the vampire teeth have nothing to do with her as a person in the sims 4. I'd like to think that she wanted to become a vampire so that she could bite mortimer so that he doesn't die from old age.

Oh yeah and also I preffered the vampires in the sims nightlife. They were more gothic and classicaly scary. But I really don't know why they added vampire teeth under the name bella goth. And also why is there a rainbow pattern. Did she become a lesbian and meet a vampire. Who the hell knows. I'd love to hear other theories x
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    I dont think so, i guess this is just a reference to something,well,gothic.

Last time we saw Bella was in TS2 PSP (Assuming you are not counting with SimsSocial), she was human as aways but totaly paranoid for the fact she was abducted and crazy to get out of StrangeTown.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:

Last time we saw Bella was in TS2 PSP (Assuming you are not counting with SimsSocial), she was human as aways but totaly paranoid for the fact she was abducted and crazy to get out of StrangeTown.

I don't understand the part of your post I bolded, as Bella was in sims 3 as well :?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

I don't understand the part of your post I bolded, as Bella was in sims 3 as well :?

Cronologically i meant to say.

Thesim3 is before Thesims1 that is Before THesims2 PC that is before THesims2 PSP.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

Cronologically i meant to say.

Thesim3 is before Thesims1 that is Before THesims2 PC that is before THesims2 PSP.

Ah now you say chronologically your post makes sense :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited January 2014
    Also am I the only one who hates how she looks as a child in TS3? She looks cuter as a little girl but once she ages her face looks very.. not Bella from TS2. Hopefuly in TS4 they will make her a bit prettier... :oops:
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I think you guys are probably reading a bit too much into this. We could also conclude that Bella Goth is going to be a blob in the Sims 4 based on that image. I really doubt that they'll have vampires in the base game. They might, but I'm really expecting them to just focus on normal sims. I wouldn't be surprised if the only other playable life state in the base game are playable ghosts like in the Sims 3.

oh come on! everyone knows shes going to be a green lipped hippy vampire....
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited January 2014
    Bella a Vampire? hummm I thought she was still Bella bachelor? so that means it takes place after she got married to Mortimer? I would not mind having Bella a Vampire it kinds of fit her lol ugh I just hope win they do the vampires in Sims 4 it has nothing to do with twilight how much I hate that so *grumbles*

off topic anyone know what timeline the Sims 4 takes place in? mid Sims 2? after Sims 3? after Sims 1?

anyhow I do hope we get Vampires in Sims 4
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    The inscription for that picture says something about Bella is rumored to be the best dressed Sim around. What does that even have to do with vampire teeth? I don't think it matters. It might mean like the cult following of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Simmers follow The Sims games..and there you have a representation of the picture (but with vamp teeth) reminding us of the RHPS, and it's cult following, and the fangs are in the pic just because it is the Sims and not the RHPS...but what it has to do with Bella and her being the best dressed is a far stretch and I don't think it is even related...just an example of the cult that follows The Sims since Bella is the mascot of The Sims per se.

ETA: If no one understood what I just said then look at it this way, Simmers are a niche market, The Sims games do not appeal to the larger game playing fan bases. It really is a very small niche market. The followers of RHPS are a niche cult. For sure. The picture represents the cult that do follow The Sims no matter what..and Bella is the icon of The Sims. The teeth are thrown in to distinguish the picture from the RHPS.

Then again I could be wrong, because I never get what the Devs hint at or not..since they are kind of strange in the way they do these things and most of the time they don't logically make sense to me. :?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.