Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get my Sim to play in ocean - what am I doing wrong?

I'm in Monte Vista trying to find somewhere for my Sim to play in the water. I guess it's a bit deep around the coast, so I added a lot along one fairly shallow-looking spot (directly across from Palatial Pools along that bit of coast adjacent to all those big empty lots) and made the water as shallow as humanly possible. But my Sim refuses to play in the water. There's no routing issue at all--I set up the interaction and then the icon for it just vanishes. Doesn't matter if it's her or her with her toddler daughter. She isn't upset about not being able to do it, just the icon vanishes without her doing *anything* toward moving to the water. She doesn't even take a step. I can get her to swim in the deeper part of the lot just fine and she can walk right up to the water fine. It's very shallow and I made sure to make the incline very gradual with soften. I've tried making the lots beaches, ports, you name it.

What am I doing wrong? Happy to upload the lot to my Studio if anybody thinks they can figure out how to fix this (it's a cute lot IISSM). Help!

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Options
    feebleone234feebleone234 Posts: 158
    edited August 2013
    I think if you go to a beach lot & click on the ocean it should just come up as 1 of your options, that's how its worked while i'm playing island paradise
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi! Thanks :) I do that, and it gives the option, and I click on it. Then my Sim just ignores the action. The icon on the upper-left corner just vanishes. I never get any error messages or problems; she never stomps her foot or looks distressed. The action just vanishes. I can click on "play in ocean" all I want--the actions just disappear similarly without any errors. I'm playing in Monte Vista, and have tried this in both beach lots and in homemade port lots.

I've noticed that other people are having similar issues. Going to try it on a brand-new game and see if it's still doing it.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited August 2013
    I found that if i made the slope too steep for the sims to get to the shallow part of the water , or the shallow part was slightly too deep it cancelled .

Eventually i worked that the land under water did not need to be level but just make sure that you have a really gentle slope going from on land and continuing out into the water for a decent distance
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, I'll keep working on it then :)
  • Options
    DarrahMelitaDarrahMelita Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    I have this problem, only i'm not getting the play in ocean option AT ALL. all i get is snorkel, fish, swim, and everything else.
  • Options
    DarrahMelitaDarrahMelita Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    Bump