Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duplicated Modelling Competition - Siggies up!

eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
DuplicatedBanner_zps6a8fdcb5.png

So, last night, I had an idea for a modelling competition; in all honesty, it was a somewhat strange idea - but what's wrong with strange? As I was going to bed, I wrote the assignment ideas in a notebook of mine, in some kind of attempt to be more organised.

So, anyway - the idea of this comp, hence the title 'Duplicated' is that you would include not one of your model but two - or possibly even more if the assignment permits. Of course, this is not limited to multiple physical copies of your model in the game; some assignments would simply require more than one image of your model. See - I told you it was weird. :p

I seriously hope I'm not stealing someone's idea with this... D:

DuplicatedRules_zps7a935bfe.png

Please abide the forum rules.

Models must be YAs of either gender.

CC and pose player are permitted; the latter is highly recommended.

Editing of any kind is permitted - however, no face plastering or photoskinning.

Please, don't argue with the judges or the fellow competitors. If you have an issue, talk to me - and it better be reasonable.

Each assignment must have a thin black border (because yay for borders) or you will risk a two point deduction from your overall score.

Mini stories or explanations with the assignment are permitted but not required.

Excluding the mock, assignments will last for one week, and extensions for three days; please ask for an extension rather than submitting a late assignment. If we get a lot of models, the mock will turn into an elimination round.

This competition is elimination, and all the rounds will be unless someone drops or doesn't show up.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Judges_zps30fa160f.png

Egg

Kirsty

Judges must have experience at least with modelling, if not with judging. :3 I wil be accepting two judges.

Judge Form:
    Nickname:
    Headshot on White Background:
    Experience?

Scoring Rubric:
    Creativity /10
    Relevance /10
    Set /10
    Quality /5
    Pose /5
    Model Appearance /5
    TOTAL /45
    Comments:

Creativity: How creative was the assignment? Was it boring, or was it different in a way that worked and was eye-catching?
    Relevance: Was the picture relevant to the assignment? (Points deducted for no black border do NOT go here). Did it follow the guidelines?
    Set: The background of your picture. Was it too crowded or too plain? Were the decorations cohesive or random?
    Quality: Was your picture blurry or pixelated? Were there any issues? (I know not everyone has a perfect graphics card, therefore there are only a maximum of five points for this section.
    Pose: Was the model's pose natural, or glitchy and odd? Doesn't just apply to Pose Player.
    Model Appearance? Was the model styled appropriately for the assignment - for example, if they were dressed as an alien for no real reason XD

.5s of scores are allowed (example: 3.5 out of 5), though nothing more precise than that. I don't want pi out of five! o.o
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Models_zps6afdbfa7.png

ModelWallWIP2_zps1b3604c8.png

Izzi with Summer Peterson Dropped
    Fran with Clarendon Von Carter
    Chelle with Amber Price
    Louisa with Rose Wilson
    Milly with Arsinoe Girard
    Bebs with Miron

Form:
    Nickname:
    Model Name:
    Headshot on Plain White Background:
    Bodyshot on Plain White Background:

Reserves
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Assignment_zps3550cd98.png

Finale

Huge congratulations to the finalists! <3 The finale will be a two-part assignment that will determine the winner of Duplicated.

Part One | Dark vs Light

For this assignment, you must only include two versions of your model: a 'light' (good) side and a 'dark' evil side. The background is to be something simple that shows a clear contrast between the dark and the light.

EXAMPLE
    [img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/170/9/4/pokemon_black_and_white___n_v_s__hilbert__black__by_weegeelindsey-d5441vh.jpg "width=550"[/img]
    (But you don't need to use a Pokemon theme or monster... thingies... :XD: )

Good and Evil
    Clear Contrast
    Thin black border

Part two | Cloned

Part Two will show your model in a futuristic setting where he/she is being cloned... Which is where the extra versions of your model would come in. Show each clone as identical and robotic, whilst still presenting the image in a creative way.

Futuristic setting
    Clones included
    Thin Black Border

Due Date: 27th December

Submissions_zpsa2d21f7e.png

Chelle with Amber Price

Louisa with Rose Wilson
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    SCORES

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/11101676184_c259ae0ab9_o.jpg "width=450"[/img]
    First: Chelle with Amber Price

Egg says...
    Creativity 8/10
    Relevance 10/10
    Set 9/10
    Quality 4/5
    Pose 4/5
    Model Appearance 5/5
    TOTAL 40/45
    Comments: This is so adorable! <3 Your model is a really cute toddler, and I loved the set. I don't really have any negative comments, except that a toy or something is glowing in the corner and it's a little distracting.

Kirsty says...
    Creativity 8/10
    Relevance 10/10
    Set 9/10
    Quality 5/5
    Pose 4/5
    Model Appearance 5/5
    TOTAL 41/45
    Comments:
    This is such an adorable image. I like your take on this assignment. I like the setting and colour scheme you chose for this image it all works and compliment your sim. I don’t have anything negative to say really as it is a really great image.

OVERALL: 81

5xTKV1e.jpg
    Second: Louisa with Rose Wilson
    Egg says...
    Creativity 8/10
    Relevance 9/10
    Set 10/10
    Quality 4/5
    Pose 4/5
    Model Appearance 4/5
    TOTAL 39/45
    Comments: Little Rose in the mirror is really cute! Your setting is really detailed and nice looking, however the picture is somewhat small as a whole. I think your older version of Rose could've been positioned better, but this really was a lovely picture!

Kirsty says...
    Creativity 7/10
    Relevance 10/10
    Set 8/10
    Quality 4/5
    Pose 4/5
    Model Appearance 4/5
    TOTAL 37/45
    Comments:
    I like your take on this assignment and know you must have worked hard to successfully incorporate the child you in the mirror. I like the child setting in the background and think she looks cute. I am not however sure I like your sims position or pose it just doesn’t work for me. Overall this is a great image and good luck to both you and Chelle in the final.

OVERALL: 76

Eliminated: Bebs with Miron (no-show)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    AssignmentWinners_zpsa373f2d8.png
  • Options
    Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited August 2013
    Love this idea!! Not sure if I am lurking or participating yet..
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm just lurking for now, also. This seems like a good idea. I'll be back later if I want to reserve a spot.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you. :3 Lurkers are appreciated!
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have a good idea for a mock ;___; Man, all good competitions are testing me now!! Curse you all jk i love you guys

tumblr_mgl0x9wzRO1qkrfsjo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Woo! :D
    And I shall await the awesomeness. :p
  • Options
    Hedgehogz276Hedgehogz276 Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    I might enter :)
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    I might enter, just for you, babes~ ;) Although I'm still considering myself swamped. ;-;"
  • Options
    PlateinmywayPlateinmyway Posts: 1,474 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Sign me up, please!

Nickname: Izzy
    Model Name: Owen Sonrean
    MQ5u58f.jpg?1
    ICOMTZv.jpg?1

edit: resized pictures
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Woo, Izzy! I'll update everything later. :3
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited August 2013
    What an interesting idea! :shock: :mrgreen: I really don't know what I would do for the mock assignment and work might pick up soon, so I'll just be lurking over here! Don't mind me. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't really have homework tonight, so I can spend the rest of my night making a model for this competition.

Call me stupid if you want, but you did say CC is allowed, correct?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yep, CC is perfectly fine. :3
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Finally got my model ^-^
    The most annoying thing about this process was that I spent a total of maybe 5 hours trying to make a model, but they never came out right. I just decided to use a sim I had already made in the past, and just buffed her up with some CC.

Nickname: knh330
    Model Name: Shamar King
    Screenshot-319_zps569df39d.jpg"width=650"
    Screenshot-320_zpscc5eaf15.jpg"width=650"

(I'm so sorry that I keep changing the pictures. It's just that I figured out how to make the lighting nice, and I want the pictures to be perfect...hope it's not a problem :oops: )
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you! ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Here, I'll give you a bump ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Does the mock assignment have like a theme? Are there certain clothes the model has to wear, and can there be like other things like furniture in the picture?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mock Assignment:
    Screenshot-329_zps0979dadd.jpg"width=650"

• Options
    PlateinmywayPlateinmyway Posts: 1,474 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Mock assignment:
    0IMJ25S.png

Owen was walking, his feet sinking into a sticky, reflective liquid with every step he took. A sudden noise behind him made him jump, and he broke into a run. Terror seemed to paralyze his capacity to think rationally. A single thought filled his mind: Get out of here, NOW!
    "Owen!" A voice called out. Looking down, Owen realized his own reflection was talking to him.
    "You're dreaming.You have to wake up!" His reflection continued. "Wake up and escape this nightmare..."

@knh330 : I really like your assignment :3
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Little late to answer your question - but nope, there's no theme other than that your model must be reflected somewhere - be creative. :3

And thanks for getting the assignments in! They both look great. :)
  • Options
    RaineeGirl13RaineeGirl13 Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    This looks really cool, I might be able to enter if not I will just stalk this :P