Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want more control over outfits.

I find the simplicity of the outfit selection frustrating during game play.

1. I think it would be helpful for CAS to have an advanced mode, under which each outfit/hairstyle would have a checkbox next to it. The default setting would be all outfits/hairstyles selected for use.

My suggestion is that for each different town, players could de-select certain outfits for use in that town.

We could then save selection presets for use when we create towns. This would enable us to create futuristic or historical towns that generate characters which fit any theme. This would also allow us to de-select any EA items that we dislike and do not want game generated sims to wear. Expansion packs could take advantage of this tool, too.

Perhaps it could also be optional to retain access to a complete selection of game outfits for the active sim, while the town continues to only generate sims with selected outfits.

2. The ability to select a core colour palette to influence game generated sims in your town could be a useful feature. While the default setting could be "random", imagine having the option to choose neutrals and browns as the basis for a medieval town, or cool colours for a futuristic world.

Hair colour options such as "natural" vs. "unnatural" to avoid or encourage fluorescent hairstyles turning up in your custom world would also be helpful. Of course, we aren't even being offered CASt at the moment.

3. The in-game ability to assign or edit clothing categories for individual items of clothing, so that the game doesn't generate sims with inappropriate outfit choices and combinations. I'm sure that most of us have seen scenarios where a sim wears CC heels with a swimming costume, or ball gowns to the shops. This would also have fixed the glitch where a baby becomes distorted due to an item being incorrectly assigned to that age group.

These three options would also encourage people to buy interesting outfits from The Store or stuff/expansion packs without fear of wacky items or colours turning up in town when you don't want them to.

4. Complex outfit categories. If a sim is engaged, pregnant or going to a party, I would like a temporary "wedding outfit"/"pregnancy outfit"/"party outfit" option to pop up in CAS. Perhaps an in-game popup could read "Would you like to plan a new outfit for X event?", and if not, you could instead select either an outfit your sim already has in their wardrobe (e.g. existing formal for a wedding, swimming for a party, etc.), or a preset outfit that fits the situation. The game could remember your previous outfit and suggest it next time you receive the same popup.

5. I would also like to be able to drag and drop outfits from one category to another, to save time. If you would like your sim's outerwear to be the same as (or a slight variation on) their every day wear (i.e. simply adding a jacket), you could drag a copy of that outfit to another category for use or further tweaking.

Comments

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love more options just generally but these sounds like great ideas I would want too :)
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would love these options.
  • UserSam7823UserSam7823 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited August 2013
    This would be fantastic.
  • ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited August 2013
    These sound great, love all these ideas.
  • KadallaKadalla Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2013
    Fantastic Ideas!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :D

I would like a lot of that also.
    I suggested some similar things for clothes. Hope they do... some time but not too late in the game. I like playing the non tradition Sims. Hope we have them, too. :shock:
  • Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, we'll know more as the release date gets closer.
  • MarchvioletsMarchviolets Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the positive feedback. :)
  • 1van_der_vaart231van_der_vaart23 Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2013
    nice ideas, this would be fantastic! :)
    RAFAEL VAN DER VAART - FOOTBALLER WITH THE BEST TECHNIQUE IN THE WORLD.
    skill.gif RAFA YOU'RE THE BEST!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    I really like your ideas, yeah, I was hoping TS4 was going to be more advanced and more 'control' over themes for neighborhoods, and other Sims would be within our grasp. Nothing has been more frustrating in any of the games than trying to make themed town...no matter the era but then someone drive by in a car, or wear a short mini when you are trying to play out a medieval theme...or see someone pull out the ole smartphone.

I did want a way to change maternity clothes in TS2..this game I haven't played that many expecting mothers...but yeah..being able to choose outfits for my pregnant Sim would be a plus!

I had hoped TS4 would have blown me out of the water by allowing Simmers for the first time ever to mix and match 'meshes'....long sleeve shirt/remove the sleeves..viola new mesh! simply by dragging and dropping mesh parts onto the Sim in CAS...or add a different type 'sleeve' to the now sleeveless shirt etc.

I guess that was too much to hope for when this game is in it's fourth generation. :cry:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited August 2013
    Cool ideas! Can I just add though that number 3 isn't all down to the game and is usually bad CC. There's a list on this blog of known bad CC and how to get rid of it

http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/how-to-fix-baby-glitches-in-sims-3.html
  • Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ugh #4 yes! I hate that my preggo sims has on a horrid maternity outfit with boots or heels. I'm surprised they never has a temp create and outfit for them YET!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2013
    I completely love this idea. I can't even tell you the number of times I see a NPC wearing something from the Katie Perry SP, and I am always going in and changing out those crazy outfits. Yes I could just uninstall the SP to end the problem, but I do use, and love a couple of the dresses that are in that SP, so I leave it in.
  • pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited August 2013
    Like this :)
    edited August 2013
    Cool ideas! Can I just add though that number 3 isn't all down to the game and is usually bad CC. There's a list on this blog of known bad CC and how to get rid of it

http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/how-to-fix-baby-glitches-in-sims-3.html

Yes, I realise it is down to bad CC, but the reason the CC often doesn't work is because the clothing item is assigned to the wrong category (or, simply assigned it to ones you don't personally wish to use it with). Greater control over the categories each item falls under would be a quick way to repair CC in game (without removing it!), but it would also be useful for reasons unrelated to CC, too. Imagine being able to assign whatever jackets and coats we want as "outerwear", for example.
  • KaitlynHortonKaitlynHorton Posts: 133 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Those are really good ideas! And then even if you aren't living in a specific themed town you can still set certain outfits for sims to wear so they don't have weird mismatched clothes that don't make sense. I hope that this will become a feature in the Sims 4
  • ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2013
    THIS

The reason I don't want Dragon Valley is because it isn't even close to a medieval town the way I wanted it, people still drive, use phones, and dress in modern clothing, it would be so much easier if they had this!
    edited August 2013
    And then even if you aren't living in a specific themed town you can still set certain outfits for sims to wear so they don't have weird mismatched clothes that don't make sense.

Exactly. :mrgreen: