Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Then what DO you guys want?

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    What I wondering is how EA hypnotized their minions :lol:

Every person that is conceivably in love with The Sims 4 is using their marketing words.

There are emotions- well more like sims over-exaggerating facial expression over everything with giant writing next to their picture.
    Multi-tasking- I am not paying $70 for my sims to talk on treadmill
    New CAS- You can now pull your sims body and the rest could be achieved with sims 3's sliders.
    New build buy mode- looks dumbed down
    tumblr_mrzzg7P3bI1sfadmzo8_1280.png
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/709059.page

There is really nothing wonderfully magical in Sims 4 that I would not be able to play without.
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    The Sims 4 will flop because it doesn't bring a big, cool, life changing new feature we've never seen before!
    The Sims 2 had the 3D cam, The Sims 3 open world, and what does The Sims 4 bring? Emotions? Hah!
    The Sims 4 isn't original at all, it's just a mix of the other Sims games, it brings nothing new...
    I've seen thousands of these comments, really. Just a lot of whining, whining, whining. The Sims 4 will bring emotions, multi-tasking, better path-finding, improved CAS, improved build/buy mode and more interesting gameplay than we had in The Sims 3. But this just doesn't seem to be enough to most people. I don't say everybody is like this, but a lot of you are.

When I've read this sort of comments, I couldn't help to notice that none of them said what sort of big, awesome feature they wanted. They never told us what they wanted as have never been seen before in The Sims. So my question is simple.

If all these awesome features added in The Sims 4 isn't enough for you, as they don't seem to be to a lot of people, what do you want to see in The Sims 4 that would make the game worth while and money?

Please don't answer "better graphics", because graphics isn't a new thing. They've been around even since the first game.

I don't want a fight here, I'm just curious :)

And for only $70 dollors! But wait, there's more!!! Pre-order now and you'll get The Life of the Party content, absolutely free! We're NOT DONE YET! We're gonna add emotions, and...

I think they can just UPDATE the SIMS 3's CAS or make another expansion pack with the "NEW" emotions and "Updated CAS". You're whining about whiners, but I say we have the right to whine because I just spent hundreds of $$$$ for the Sims 3 and if they're going to release a new one, make it more improve and better quality and cheaper. I know they just want our money "the fans money". Look at this comparison. 5f4191.jpg

This is an unfair comparison, i would love for people to stop comparing Sims4 Sims with Sims 3 CC Sims.

Anyways I like the game so far, its not complete yet, it looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm waiting until the next sims live broadcast in sept. to see a little more.
  • heartnotsubasaheartnotsubasa Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2013
    jus1nickie wrote:
    Hannoie wrote:
    The Sims 4 will flop because it doesn't bring a big, cool, life changing new feature we've never seen before!
    The Sims 2 had the 3D cam, The Sims 3 open world, and what does The Sims 4 bring? Emotions? Hah!
    The Sims 4 isn't original at all, it's just a mix of the other Sims games, it brings nothing new...
    I've seen thousands of these comments, really. Just a lot of whining, whining, whining. The Sims 4 will bring emotions, multi-tasking, better path-finding, improved CAS, improved build/buy mode and more interesting gameplay than we had in The Sims 3. But this just doesn't seem to be enough to most people. I don't say everybody is like this, but a lot of you are.

When I've read this sort of comments, I couldn't help to notice that none of them said what sort of big, awesome feature they wanted. They never told us what they wanted as have never been seen before in The Sims. So my question is simple.

If all these awesome features added in The Sims 4 isn't enough for you, as they don't seem to be to a lot of people, what do you want to see in The Sims 4 that would make the game worth while and money?

Please don't answer "better graphics", because graphics isn't a new thing. They've been around even since the first game.

And for only $70 dollors! But wait, there's more!!! Pre-order now and you'll get The Life of the Party content, absolutely free! We're NOT DONE YET! We're gonna add emotions, and...

I think they can just UPDATE the SIMS 3's CAS or make another expansion pack with the "NEW" emotions and "Updated CAS". You're whining about whiners, but I say we have the right to whine because I just spent hundreds of $$$$ for the Sims 3 and if they're going to release a new one, make it more improve and better quality and cheaper. I know they just want our money "the fans money". Look at this comparison. 5f4191.jpg

This is an unfair comparison, i would love for people to stop comparing Sims4 Sims with Sims 3 CC Sims.

Anyways I like the game so far, its not complete yet, it looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm waiting until the next sims live broadcast in sept. to see a little more.

It's not unfair. EA/Maxis should look at how people want it. Now downgrade to cartoonish alpha 3D. If you want to spend $70 dollars, go ahead. I'm not buying it unless they listen to the fans.
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited August 2013
    06Bon06 wrote:
    What I wondering is how EA hypnotized their minions :lol:

Every person that is conceivably in love with The Sims 4 is using their marketing words.

There are emotions- well more like sims over-exaggerating facial expression over everything with giant writing next to their picture.
    Multi-tasking- I am not paying $70 for my sims to talk on treadmill
    New CAS- You can now pull your sims body and the rest could be achieved with sims 3's sliders.
    New build buy mode- looks dumbed down
    tumblr_mrzzg7P3bI1sfadmzo8_1280.png
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/709059.page

There is really nothing wonderfully magical in Sims 4 that I would not be able to play without.
    I agree with the build buy mode, I think they went the wrong way with that one. looks like we can only put the box's together, were are the angles??? This will not make for nothing but square homes. Hope I am wrong on this but from what they have showed us "well I am not liking what I am seeing here"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    May I remind the OP, we already had expressive Sims which displayed a slew of emotions..in TS2. :lol:

I have already experienced better path finding..in TS2..my Sim can walk around another and not think twice about it. And can even go up and down stairs without blocking each other. Can get behind a Sim close to the fridge, open the door and get out some juice to drink.

I have already experienced 'more advanced' building tools in TS2...not the modules..no those seem dumbed down to me..but ways to build that allowed me to build basements with windows, 7 story buildings, space stations hanging out in thin air, or treehouses in the actual trees in TS2 that allowed my Elves to live up in trees....split levels that allowed me to not have to use a stage or platform...no drag and drop necessary. I can see how some that don't like to build might like the new build feature..but what I don't see in that UI is a wall tool as in the past which means building is limited if you can't do what I just mentioned.

Maybe building tools are improved (haven't seen enough to know) but still reminds me of a little kid's game..eye/hand coordination games.

And may I add for $70.00 I can play TS2 which is paid for and have a smarter Sim, an emotional Sim, that does do a lot of multitasking in that game...and cares about the other Sims, and cheats to make them taller or short as a hobbit, and outlandish situations and gameplay.

I'm sorry, but right now I don't see the 'revolunary' gameplay yet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MikeSneedMikeSneed Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    jus1nickie wrote:
    Hannoie wrote:

It's not unfair. EA/Maxis should look at how people want it. Now downgrade to cartoonish alpha 3D. If you want to spend $70 dollars, go ahead. I'm not buying it unless they listen to the fans.

Different people want different things from the Sims. I, and many others, prefer a more stylized approach. Therefore, EA did listen to their fans. Just because you don't like the graphics doesn't mean other people don't as well. Many (I'd even say the majority) people are very happy with the look of the game.
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am very excited for this game!

OP I know the complaing is annoying, but don't try to change their minds by trying to defend the game.

Its like this: say were at the market, and we saw these ripe Bananas.

I say I don't like them and i'm complaining about them because their gross,their green and not yellow, and you keep asking me WHY I don't like them because their not even ready yet Their RIPE! and I keep telling you those Bananas are gross, they are ugly, their weird shaped, etc.

But you keep asking why and saying I'm wrong and why Bananas are good and I should like them and it turnes to a huge argument!

Just let me not like the Bananas!

Do you get what i'm saying? Let the complainers complain about this let them vent about a game thats still RIPE!.

You like the game right? so why should their opinions bother you? You don't know them, your not going to buy them the game?

Thats all! Sorry about the weird story :mrgreen:
    If they don't like the game, fine with me. I'm just curious about what would make them like it. What would they change with the bananas to make them more appealing? ;)
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited August 2013
    Alright, I'm sorry if I sounded a little sour in the beginning. I don't ask everybody to like the features in The Sims 4. But this is how I've been raised: If you don't like something and want to tell people you don't, you're supposed to come with a better, or at least another, idea. Tell people what you don't like, why you don't like it and what would be better, and it's much less annoying than when people just whine about everything EA does wrong with The Sims 4.

Perhaps I sound sour right now, too :) Sorry, then. I don't want to sound like that, but people who just walk around complaining really annoys me, which in the end makes me complain, and then I become a person who annoys other people ;) I think it's a vicious circle :lol:
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like the Sims3 but miss the in-game story, where you can write the story whilst playing the game. I would love that in the Sims4

I like the room build option as I find it hard to build houses but can edit custom houses.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    Alright, I'm sorry if I sounded a little sour in the beginning. I don't ask everybody to like the features in The Sims 4. But this is how I've been raised: If you don't like something and want to tell people you don't, you're supposed to come with a better, or at least another, idea. Tell people what you don't like, why you don't like it and what would be better, and it's much less annoying than when people just whine about everything EA does wrong with The Sims 4.

Perhaps I sound sour right now, too :) Sorry, then. I don't want to sound like that, but people who just walk around complaining really annoys me, which in the end makes me complain, and then I become a person who annoys other people ;) I think it's a vicious circle :lol:

But around here, you can explain why you don't like something, and then the curious person begins to tell you why you are wrong for not liking it like they do and that your preferences are not needed, doable, or are not what The Sims are supposed to be about. :lol:
    That might make some not want to bother explaining.

It's like you are not allowed to have your own tastes and must become assimilated with the rest of the Borg. Most simmers seem very chatty about their dislikes and what they would like to see changed. There are a few that make some off the wall claims, but I see a lot of in-depth discussions.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand why people that are not so delighted about what they see are repeatedly portrayed as 'whiners' and why they should defend their opinion. You're sensitive towards the feelings of the makers of Sims 4 and at the same time you're insulting other people that just give their opinion. I'm disappointed so far too, I'm sorry, I don't like what I see. Not whining, just not elated. Why is it so hard to see other people having other opinions and accept it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sonicroks6Sonicroks6 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited August 2013
    -Hairs and skins that don't look like they belong on an iPhone
    -Gradual aging or at least more life stages
    -Different heights (even presets would be fine)
    -Things that were inexplicably removed from TS2 to TS3 (e.g. actual memories)
    -An open world that works
    -Better pathfinding
    -Pets and seasons in the base game
    -A reasonable number of bugs, not the unplayable garbage that only gets fixed with mods.

These really aren't ridiculous demands. In fact most of these should really have been in TS3, but EA was too lazy and greedy to bother.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2013
    Here's the thing, it's not that we already had expressive sims, it's that the ai wasn't intelligent enough to detect when to be expressive. The sims 3 if you max out the positive stats even if something tragic happens to your sim, he/she still acts giddy. They're just giddy all day unless you give them something extreme.

Sims 2 was the only one that really had the higher ai intelligence but it wasn't like it was sliced bread either. It had it's moments too most of what controlled the mood was either the mood or the aspiration meters.

Now emotions operate outside of these two things, and the ai is more intelligent, there is chance for more quirky sims but also more dramatic sims. That is more than just improvement.

Here's the problem i have here, all of us have something we've asked for that we've wanted. Sims 4 has taking into consideration all those things. From butt sliders, feet sliders, hip sliders, different body shapes, etc. How many people had a long petition for that. What about the people asking for more emotions you got that as well. People asking for sims 2 to come back you totally got that. What happened to we want this to be like sims 2 threads and turn around they do that. Advance it like you wanted and majority of the people where were demanding that turn around and say I hate it sims 3 is better. WTH. I'm with the op make up your minds.

Lot of you just demand stuff without even thinking it through, not worried how the dev's will put it in the game, not questioning if this the best route. Not even thinking the idea out in detail. Then when you get it it's not the way you wanted it. Hold on a sec if you can't read minds how do expect the dev's to read minds. Then we don't even wait to see what the end result in. No we decide because we don't like 1 thing the game is a failure.

Why, what's the same as the other games cause i can't see it. The features are much simpler, CAS is totally advanced and revamped, and we haven't seen much of anything else to determine that the game is in bad shape.
  • heartnotsubasaheartnotsubasa Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand why people that are not so delighted about what they see are repeatedly portrayed as 'whiners' and why they should defend their opinion. You're sensitive towards the feelings of the makers of Sims 4 and at the same time you're insulting other people that just give their opinion. I'm disappointed so far too, I'm sorry, I don't like what I see. Not whining, just not elated. Why is it so hard to see other people having other opinions and accept it?

I agree with you
    edited August 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    Here's the thing, it's not that we already had expressive sims, it's that the ai wasn't intelligent enough to detect when to be expressive. The sims 3 if you max out the positive stats even if something tragic happens to your sim, he/she still acts giddy. They're just giddy all day unless you give them something extreme.

Sims 2 was the only one that really had the higher ai intelligence but it wasn't like it was sliced bread either. It had it's moments too most of what controlled the mood was either the mood or the aspiration meters.

Now emotions operate outside of these two things, and the ai is more intelligent, there is chance for more quirky sims but also more dramatic sims. That is more than just improvement.

Here's the problem i have here, all of us have something we've asked for that we've wanted. Sims 4 has taking into consideration all those things. From butt sliders, feet sliders, hip sliders, different body shapes, etc. How many people had a long petition for that. What about the people asking for more emotions you got that as well. People asking for sims 2 to come back you totally got that. What happened to we want this to be like sims 2 threads and turn around they do that. Advance it like you wanted and majority of the people where were demanding that turn around and say I hate it sims 3 is better. WTH. I'm with the op make up your minds.

Lot of you just demand stuff without even thinking it through, not worried how the dev's will put it in the game, not questioning if this the best route. Not even thinking the idea out in detail. Then when you get it it's not the way you wanted it. Hold on a sec if you can't read minds how do expect the dev's to read minds. Then we don't even wait to see what the end result in. No we decide because we don't like 1 thing the game is a failure.

Why, what's the same as the other games cause i can't see it. The features are much simpler, CAS is totally advanced and revamped, and we haven't seen much of anything else to determine that the game is in bad shape.

THANK YOU. :D
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    What do a lot of people want?

A game that requires a 3 petabyte processor, 4 zetabytes of memory, and a holodeck to properly render it. And which uses graphical techniques that haven't been discovered yet.

Actually, what people on both sides want is an excuse to argue. Which, sadly, this thread helps provide them.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited August 2013
    i completely agree that people keep comparing the sims 4 sims to CUSTOM CONTENT sims in sims 3. *shakes head*
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been watching from the sidelines sparodically for a time. I've not been well. I will admit to not having seen the live broadcast though I saw the announcement and first look trailers. I suspect I will look eventually, just not today.

I do find simmers a hilarious and contradictory bunch of ppl. They give ppl seemingly what they've been asking for for years. In a short look it's immediately loved or hated with extreme viewpoints in betweeen and any excuse to pick a fight with the opposing party of your own opinion. At the same point in time, there is no way to bridge this gap of opposing view points, but us simmers will continue to fight it out.

We'll all claim we're right as we've been simming for x amount of years and EA should categorically and undeniably listen to one of us, the person talking at the time, and no other person, otherwise we're all taking our toys and leaving, unless, of course, the base game has this feature, that feature or the other feature then we're not leaving. We might hate the look or this or that or the other, but we'll probably buy it anyway. Oh, yes, and it's doomed to failure, because a simmer said so.

We're making this snap judgement on what amounts to nothing more than a few minutes of gameplay and CAS, plus some basic shots of the game which we all know is a work in progress. CAS, I think, looks amazing, from what little I saw of it. The art work isn't terrible. It's not great either, but it is in keeping with the eye shots they originally showed us. None of us at all had unrealistic expectations in all of this and all of us are expecting the dev's to conform to our expectations without exception.

It has to be realistic, but it's not to be too unrealistic. It has to have wonderful gameplay, but not be too shallow. It has to have wishes, side quests online and not be too sandboxy while not having wishes, side quests, no online and being a complete sandbox game. It's also got to be in keeping with Will Wright's vision of the sims, though none of us simmers can agree on what that vision was.

So in short, we don't really know what we want. It's pointless asking us because you'll end up with 50 different answers to the same question to 50 different simmers.

Also since when is a TS2 sim without CC, a TS3 sim with huge amounts of CC and a TS4 sim a fair comparison and since when did TS3 suddenly encompass everything that's right with the game? Most of us simmers hate TS3, except for the past few weeks apparently.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2013
    HeyHeyy wrote:
    i completely agree that people keep comparing the sims 4 sims to CUSTOM CONTENT sims in sims 3. *shakes head*
    Their point I guess is that you will never be able to give Sims 4 sims those looks. Sims 3 sims don't look like they walked out of a comic book.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well Hannoie, I can tell you what I expected.
    At the beginning of 2013 I started to play GTA IV and I was amazed by the graphics quality, this huge city which is bigger than every Sims 3 map there is and the fact that this game has a physics engine.
    Then I thought, "wow, wouldn't it be great if Sims 4 comes with this?".
    FYI: GTA IV was released about one year before Sims 3 and it came with features and a quality we still don't see in TS4!
    Later the first screenshots of GTA V were published and I was even more amazed.
    Now that I have seen all the screens and videos of Sims 4 it's a major letdown for me.
    The graphics look cartoony, the Sims are ok but the game has still no physics engine, which is pretty much standard nowadays.
    So I will definitely get GTA V as soon as it's released for PC but I couldn't care less for TS4.
    This space is for rent.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    HeyHeyy wrote:
    Their point I guess is that you will never be able to give Sims 4 sims those looks. Sims 3 sims don't look like they walked out of a comic book.

Nope. They look like you can buy them for $19.99 at Toys R Us.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    I was expecting something revolunary in gaming as far as the entire series is 13 years old now.

I suppose I expected too much?

I would have liked to seen a Sim being able to open a window..and the breeze blow the curtains..is that over the top?

I would have liked to seen transional aging. You know, gray starts at the temples as the Sim ages..little (very fine) lines start to form they start to look a little older,...even would have been 'special' if kids over time started to get a little taller,...maybe a little thinner etc. as they grow up.

I guess that was too much? Not be sarcastic..just dreamed big for TS4.

I had expected the map would have 'districts'..and be full of different type Sims...blue collar workers...and factories....other sections, white collar workers...with tall sky scrapers....and cul de secs for the Burb Sim/mini van moms... :wink:..and Urban areas with more run down buildings, trash, alleys, and a more edgy Sim living in those areas..street smarts...

I guess that was too much, too. :cry:

I expected to see a Sim sit on a couch (finally after 13 years) and be able to dial a phone on the end table next to them.

I was expecting to see Sims react to having to live in a very run down home over a very nice expensive home...and tell the player do someting about it..or wallpapers that are worn and ripped affect them and let them know they are't the richest Sim in town...

Some Sims could have been quite happy with 'environments' such as if their personality was all about 'family' and not wealth..but yeah, I was expecting a Sim to know their situation and perhaps fuss about it or be very comfortable about it and just go with the flow..

I was expecting I would say OMG, this is the best game ever...hasn't happened yet...'alive' to me means they are 'alive' and not a binary succession of reactions based upon how I may torment them with certain emotions...

I expected the Sim to have evolved...and be aware of the player (which we had before) and they lived in a Sim world... :wink:
    EXACTLY!
    Let me give you a hug, hon. {{{HUGS}}}
    This space is for rent.
  • Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited August 2013
    After reading this thread, I have to get this out, everyone is going to think I'm absolutely crazy for saying this, but I really don't care.

I like how Sims 4 is looking so far.

I didn't expect a big, huge, revolutionary step forward. It just isn't something that is necessary at this point. I hear people bashing at Sims 4 for many reasons, especially could have better graphics. Also people saying "Please be no more bugs!" "I want something revolutionary!" There are several things here to be considered before bashing.

1. EA is a company of people like us. Not magicians who can wipe away bugs with a simple touch. So yes, there will be bugs.
    2. Could have better graphics. THIS ONE JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! If you want to do something that looks identical to real life, do stuff in real life!!! Sims is not a series where you relive live in a realistic version. It's supposed to be cartoonish, fun, and lighthearted! If they made graphics anymore realistic than those in Sims 3, they would have to substitute the light fun for more serious stuff and the whole life package, because it would be like, say watching Looney Tunes but looks exactly realistic. That just wouldn't work, would it? The Sims series wouldn't make sense with realistic graphics.
    3. Revolutionary game. Eventually this just can't happen. You can't have improved graphics, improved CAS, improved build/buy mode, improved routing/path-finding, improved interactions, improved settings, the better things from the previous games, some, smaller new additions, AND a revolutionary factor. A game like Sims isn't free. It isn't cheap. It isn't moderate. It's probably quite expensive to produce all of that without the revolutionary factor.

What I always expected from Sims 4 was tons of small additions and improvements, not something huge.

Now, let's look at what we DO have that has been shown (that is worth mentioning):
    1. Emotions. THAT is something that has been missing in the Sims
    2. Voodoo dolls. Must I say anything else?
    3. Improved CAS. My opinion, it looks a lot easier to make the Sims you want will this than the previous ones.
    4. Improved build/buy mode: Again, building looks so much easier. And about curved walls? We saw IN THE VIDEO them making a curved railing, did we not? So it makes sense to believe that we can also make curved walls. And, moving whole rooms? SWEET!
    5. A FREAKING ROCKET!!!

This is probably the tip of the iceberg for Sims 4. We saw probably an hour of Sims time and a little of CAS and Build mode. How can we truly judge a game with this little known?

Now, I know that I'm going to be spammed with a ton of hateful replies to what I just said, but bring it. My opinion won't sway (unless they show us something terrible) and I don't care if your opinion doesn't sway. This is something I just needed to get out.

#EndOfRant

P.S: Comparing Sims 4 vanilla pudding to Sims 3's best custom content? Is that really the fairest base of comparison?
    P.P.S: OP, you are 1,000% correct in everything you said (at least in my opinion).
    P.P.P.S:
    Just wondering what you all think about this comparison? Picture 1 is from The Sims 3 with all graphic settings set to max.

compare1.jpg

gaming-the-sims-4-screenshot-11_zpsc33fcccf.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Well Hannoie, I can tell you what I expected.
    At the beginning of 2013 I started to play GTA IV and I was amazed by the graphics quality, this huge city which is bigger than every Sims 3 map there is and the fact that this game has a physics engine.
    Then I thought, "wow, wouldn't it be great if Sims 4 comes with this?".
    FYI: GTA IV was released about one year before Sims 3 and it came with features and a quality we still don't see in TS4!
    Later the first screenshots of GTA V were published and I was even more amazed.
    Now that I have seen all the screens and videos of Sims 4 it's a major letdown for me.
    The graphics look cartoony, the Sims are ok but the game has still no physics engine, which is pretty much standard nowadays.
    So I will definitely get GTA V as soon as it's released for PC but I couldn't care less for TS4.

I don't think many people's computers could handle those levels of graphics though...
  • sparkles93sparkles93 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Initially, I was concerned about the look when I first saw the "eyes" picture, but with what I've seen in the gameplay demo and trailer, I'm extremely impressed and excited. It's cartoony like everyone says, but it's a style I like. The Create-a-Sim and build-mode systems look amazing (I heard they had to start the build-mode from scratch, and I'm grateful for the hard work).

There's no huge makeover I'm hoping for the game beyond what they've given us so far (a reimagined CAS system and build-mode) for the game, but there are minor improvements I've been hoping for since word of a new Sims came out such as:
      Hats moved from hair to accessories (rumored to happen)
      Scarves added to accessories
      The clothing-shoe glitch fixed--where boots would stick through pants (rumored to happen)
      An androgynous option so those interested can use it, and hopefully going all-out even though it would be unpopular for some. It would probably be hard on codes in the game, but just allowing clothing options open to both genders would be a nice improvement, that way the game could appeal to all kinds of people.
      School giving children and teens something useful beyond a diploma (skills perhaps)
      I do miss the opportunity of opening and running your own business; it was a nice expansion in TS2

Basically, except for the controversial androgyny option, most of my hopes for the game are aesthetic and minor and I'm sure EA/Maxis will easily impress me with whatever they come up with :)