Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Then what DO you guys want?

The Sims 4 will flop because it doesn't bring a big, cool, life changing new feature we've never seen before!
The Sims 2 had the 3D cam, The Sims 3 open world, and what does The Sims 4 bring? Emotions? Hah!
The Sims 4 isn't original at all, it's just a mix of the other Sims games, it brings nothing new...
I've seen thousands of these comments, really. Just a lot of whining, whining, whining. The Sims 4 will bring emotions, multi-tasking, better path-finding, improved CAS, improved build/buy mode and more interesting gameplay than we had in The Sims 3. But this just doesn't seem to be enough to most people. I don't say everybody is like this, but a lot of you are.

When I've read this sort of comments, I couldn't help to notice that none of them said what sort of big, awesome feature they wanted. They never told us what they wanted as have never been seen before in The Sims. So my question is simple.

If all these awesome features added in The Sims 4 isn't enough for you, as they don't seem to be to a lot of people, what do you want to see in The Sims 4 that would make the game worth while and money?

Please don't answer "better graphics", because graphics isn't a new thing. They've been around even since the first game.

I don't want a fight here, I'm just curious :)

Comments

• RockingarollRockingaroll Posts: 183 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    The Sims 4 will flop because it doesn't bring a big, cool, life changing new feature we've never seen before!
    The Sims 2 had the 3D cam, The Sims 3 open world, and what does The Sims 4 bring? Emotions? Hah!
    The Sims 4 isn't original at all, it's just a mix of the other Sims games, it brings nothing new...
    I've seen thousands of these comments, really. Just a lot of whining, whining, whining. The Sims 4 will bring emotions, multi-tasking, better path-finding, improved CAS, improved build/buy mode and more interesting gameplay than we had in The Sims 3. But this just doesn't seem to be enough to most people. I don't say everybody is like this, but a lot of you are.

When I've read this sort of comments, I couldn't help to notice that none of them said what sort of big, awesome feature they wanted. They never told us what they wanted as have never been seen before in The Sims. So my question is simple.

If all these awesome features added in The Sims 4 isn't enough for you, as they don't seem to be to a lot of people, what do you want to see in The Sims 4 that would make the game worth while and money?

Please don't answer "better graphics", because graphics isn't a new thing. They've been around even since the first game.

I totaly agree with you they are just whining about height sliders,graphics,hair and basicly everything.
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have to say...better graphics, i know that graphics isn't a new thing (all games have graphics :s) but EA could improve a little this "old" thing in the sims 4, for exemple....the hair, it seems like a piece of plastic,i wanted a hair that really flows. And the thing that i really want in the game, some kind of online feature.... or at least something that if i'm in a pc and my husband in another we can play together in the same neighbourhood.

And please, graphics really matters, or else everyone were still playing with the graphics that we had in the tomb raider 1.. lol (i love that game, but the graphics are creepy now)

edit: for the people that says that the sims were made to be a parody of live, and has to be a cartoonish game, why is that? People can be silly too doesn't have to be a cartoon. And sims is a SIMULATOR OF REAL LIVE so why not have more realistic things? We can still have aliens and fairies and that kind of stuff and not have to be a "loony tune".
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have to say...better graphics, i know that graphics isn't a new thing (all games have graphics :s) but EA could improve a little this "old" thing in the sims 4, for exemple....the hair, it seems like a piece of plastic,i wanted a hair that really flows. And the thing that i really want in the game, some kind of online feature.... or at least something that if i'm in a pc and my husband in another we can play together in the same neighbourhood.

And please, graphics really matters, or else everyone were still playing with the graphics that we had in the tomb raider 1.. lol (i love that game, but the graphics are creepy now)

edit: for the people that says that the sims were made to be a parody of live, and has to be a cartoonish game, why is that? People can be silly too doesn't have to be a cartoon. And sims is a SIMULATOR OF REAL LIVE so why not have more realistic things? We can still have aliens and fairies and that kind of stuff and not have to be a "loony tune".
    Please, leave the complaining about graphics elsewhere. I don't say I like that blocky hair, but Pre-Alpha guys. That's all I'm gonna say. What huge, awesome, life changing feature is it that The Sims 4 is lacking in your opinion?
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    The OP asks a very reasonable question. I did want better, more realistic graphics (oops, had to say it!) but I think it's very obvious by now that that is NOT the art style that the TS4 team is going to use. I know people are calling the graphics pre-alpha but I strongly believe that what we're seeing is almost what the final product will look like.

Anyway, to sum up what I want now in one word: OPTIONS. I want options in building, Create-a-Style, and in buying clothes and objects. I don't want to see just a few clothes available for Sims and anything else has to be bought for extra real-world money in the EA Store. I want options to tone down emotions if I think they're drowning out other aspects of gameplay. I want lots of options for families and romance and the different age groups. I want the option to turn off any multiplayer aspect of the game and not be penalized or marginalized for doing so.
    edited August 2013
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    The OP asks a very reasonable question. I did want better, more realistic graphics (oops, had to say it!) but I think it's very obvious by now that that is NOT the art style that the TS4 team is going to use. I know people are calling the graphics pre-alpha but I strongly believe that what we're seeing is almost what the final product will look like.

Anyway, to sum up what I want now in one word: OPTIONS. I want options in building, Create-a-Style, and in buying clothes and objects. I don't want to see just a few clothes available for Sims and anything else has to be bought for extra real-world money in the EA Store. I want options to tone down emotions if I think they're drowning out other aspects of gameplay. I want lots of options for families and romance and the different age groups. I want the option to turn off any multiplayer aspect of the game and not be penalized or marginalized for doing so.
    Options are always lovely to have :) I really hope we'll get this :)
  • lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am content with what I've saw from the trailer and gameplay, i can't wait to see what the sims 4 will unveil :)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    Please, leave the complaining about graphics elsewhere. I don't say I like that blocky hair, but Pre-Alpha guys. That's all I'm gonna say. What huge, awesome, life changing feature is it that The Sims 4 is lacking in your opinion?

Just because it is in Pre-Alpha does NOT mean that the graphics will change. In fact they are almost certainly finished with the graphics.

• Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited August 2013
    Schweighsr wrote:
    Hannoie wrote:

Just because it is in Pre-Alpha does NOT mean that the graphics will change. In fact they are almost certainly finished with the graphics.

:thumbup:
    edited August 2013
    Schweighsr wrote:
    Hannoie wrote:

Come on. They won't leave the hair like that? The fan base is really raging in different directions, but there is one thing 95% of the people here on the forums agree with: The hair texture has to be improved. Didn't they say they were going to listen to our opinions?
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited August 2013
    I want it all. & I want it now. :P
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    Come on. They won't leave the hair like that? The fan base is really raging in different directions, but there is one thing 95% of the people here on the forums agree with: The hair texture has to be improved. Didn't they say they were going to listen to our opinions?

I really hope the hair texture will be improved, but remembering the very early pictures of TS3 and how the final game looked doesn't give me much faith.

Listening to our opinions and actually doing something about them are two waaaay different things. We can only wait and see. All we have to base our judgements on now are what we can actually SEE -- not what we hope, not what we think **might** happen. That's a sword that cuts two ways and gives both good impressions and bad impressions.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    Schweighsr wrote:
    Hannoie wrote:

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. It's supposed to be in the early stages and they have finally shown it and have their feedback. How will they spin it? A Simguru claimed that TS4 has more graphic effects than TS3 and game textures quality will change. It remains to be seen. Perhaps EA is being more open this time and letting us see stuff earlier.

I would love to see something representing a target for the finished game, but I doubt they would show it. There is still so much left to see though. I feel like we've only had a small taste.

As for those 3 quoted statements, Hannoie, they're the kind that I just ignore at for this stage of the game's development. There is too much we don't know yet. Maybe I'll be saying the same next year, I don't know, but that will be next year.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DragonLadyXIIIDragonLadyXIII Posts: 328 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I want a create-a-skin tool, like the format used to make pet fur patterns.

I think toddlers should show that they have learned a skill. A toddler in real life isn't going to pick up a full-sized guitar (although toy guitars would be adorable), but they sing or they dance, and some indicate musical aptitude at very young ages.

More toys, especially those that skillbuild.

I miss the sewing desk from Open for Business for some reason.

Many of the devices from the invention desk feel...useless. They're stuff that a crazy inventor would have around their house, but a crazy inventor would also have stuff to make his life easier. In 2 I had sims solely kept alive by the robot that would bring them pizza, the one that would put them out when they caught on fire, and the robot that cleaned.

Another Supernatural, and a scifi themed counterpart. Aliens, plumbots, Bigfoot, mutants...Seriously, Futurama-type sewer mutants that glow in the dark. There's more to scifi than robots, really.
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am very excited for this game!

OP I know the complaing is annoying, but don't try to change their minds by trying to defend the game.

Its like this: say were at the market, and we saw these ripe Bananas.

I say I don't like them and i'm complaining about them because their gross,their green and not yellow, and you keep asking me WHY I don't like them because their not even ready yet Their RIPE! and I keep telling you those Bananas are gross, they are ugly, their weird shaped, etc.

But you keep asking why and saying I'm wrong and why Bananas are good and I should like them and it turnes to a huge argument!

Just let me not like the Bananas!

Do you get what i'm saying? Let the complainers complain about this let them vent about a game thats still RIPE!.

You like the game right? so why should their opinions bother you? You don't know them, your not going to buy them the game?

Thats all! Sorry about the weird story :mrgreen:
  • WatachyaWatachya Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I think this thread looks just as negative as all the "haters" or "whining people" you comment about. The disclaimer at the end there didn't really fix the finger-pointing tone of the op.

Anyhow, I do have some thing I really want in the game - I just hope we get it. :? The Sims 4 has so much potential, so I just hope they make it work great this time.

- no more freezing, crashing and error code -insert number here-
    - a smooth and close to bug free game where the patches solve issues instead of introducing major crashes
    - towns filled with life, not with empty nightclubs
    - more well-made content in every expansion
    - CASt for furniture and clothing; just like it is for Sims 3
    - a lot of hair and clothing
    - no more cider; code the game for both Windows and OS X (etc.)

- interactions! I dream of a TS4 where they have many interactions; even for the kids, teens and elders. The trait system should bring more to the sims... I would like them to have more fun interactions related to traits; not just "talk about art" or whatever
    - days filled with more than just trying to fulfill basic needs like hygiene, bladder etc. I love how they made eating more efficient in TS3, but I think they need to take it further... SIms shouldn't spend a lot of time when they make a basic meal... If people want it, sims should spend different amounts of time on different meals... Preparing pasta is more complicated than making bread with ham, so why do sims have to stand there just as long? I want to have time to do whatever my sim wants, not just eating and stuff.

Arh, I don't know... There's so much I want in The Sims 4, but these are the most important aspects for me. I'm really happy with the new CAS, but I'm worried about clothing and customisation. Some of the stuff for build mode looked really promising as well, but I hope they keep the CASt and maybe an advanced mode for the experienced builder.

I can't wait to see the end result, though! :D
    edited August 2013
    As always I want more lifestates, as noted previously. And the cowplant to be added to the base game or expansion. And to not look at premium content (like surfborads) and wonder if they cut that out of an expansion to get an extra few bucks from it (Island Paradise). And why was there no gardener in seasons? :| And always more aliens. Seriously, if they just port the Seasons aliens into 4, I will be a happy, happy lady.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    I want inter-galactic travel. Plane travel with the possibility of falling and being stranded on an island until you can build a boat with the other sims or until someone rescues you. Sounds fun? :mrgreen: 8)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013
    That does sound promising. Although I tend to like rabbit holes, especially with work. I kept having problems with the professions bugging out. And I can't seem to invite ghost hunter target ghosts to live with me. :cry:
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I just want The Sims to be fun again. :(:cry:
  • Chaz_gChaz_g Posts: 55 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    The Sims 4 will bring emotions, multi-tasking, better path-finding, improved CAS, improved build/buy mode and more interesting gameplay than we had in The Sims 3. But this just doesn't seem to be enough to most people. I don't say everybody is like this, but a lot of you are.

I'd like to point out that every single one of these ''features'' were talked about at the announcement of the sims 3.
    We were told that sims could walk and talk.
    We were told that sims could hold a baby and be on the phone at the same time.
    We were told that gossip would spread through the open town and effect moods.
    We were told that CAS would improve (and although it had a lot more refined sliders, it was essentially the exact same concept)
    We were told build mode would be improved (it was virtually the same, with, again, only a few tweaks here and there)

This is the reason that I PERSONALLY am not excited for the sims 4. Because every single thing you've mentioned that is a 'new feature' of the sims 4, was achievable back in 2009 when the sims 3 was released.

Yet here we are with the sims 4. Still promising 'new features' that really should've been as standard four years ago.

I mean, I thought this time that we'd be getting '3D wall textures', so like when you paint down bricks, it actually has the 3D look of bricks, instead of a flat wall.
    I thought we'd be getting more life stages or at a push, gradual aging.
    I thought the graphics would be a step FORWARD. (And I know how carefully I have to tread on this subject. But I honestly don't think that the "Ea didn't want to go down
    uncanny valley' and creep out players by making them too realistic" arugment is valid. Almost every other game that is made these days have photo realistic graphics. And we don't play them and get creeped out.) I actually like the cartoony look, but I still think this is a step back from TS3. I am still on the fence about the graphical style.

These are MY reasons not to be EXCITED about the game. Again, will have to wait to see more... But I genuinely feel like it isn't much of a step up from the sims 3. Emotions shouldn't only just included NOW. I've been playing the sims franchise since the first installment.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2013
    What would make The Sims 4 worth buying to me? Here are a few things I'd like to see.

1. Customizable reactions to things - not everyone looks at a suggestive painting and gets hot.
    2. No error code 12/13.
    3. Create-a-Style, including hair color wheel that allows multiple hair colors.
    4. Traits that are expanded upon with each expansion pack/sometimes patches, not just adding new ones. I'd like more walk styles and voice tones, too, but for a base game, three's all right.
    5. 'Why not both.' I like options. 10 ways to kiss, not three.
    6. Positive and negative things (wants and fears, for example), and I think happiness should be something to work for unless a Sims' personality says otherwise. In The Sims 3, a Sim that brushes their teeth is unstoppably happy for two hours.
    7. In buy mode or CAS, don't reload everything each time I switch tabs. Load maybe nine at a time, and give me pages to flip through, like 1/3, 2/8, so on.
    8. An option for less exaggeration in facial expressions/movements (heck, maybe there could be movement styles - subtle, normal, exaggerated). The eyebrows shooting around freak me out.

Wishful thinking, I know.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:

Hair/Clothes Physics.

They used the walking styles one. A lot of others wanted body shapes and that made it in and hats are accessories now.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/368237.page

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • heartnotsubasaheartnotsubasa Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:

And for only $70 dollors! But wait, there's more!!! Pre-order now and you'll get The Life of the Party content, absolutely free! We're NOT DONE YET! We're gonna add emotions, and...

I think they can just UPDATE the SIMS 3's CAS or make another expansion pack with the "NEW" emotions and "Updated CAS". You're whining about whiners, but I say we have the right to whine because I just spent hundreds of $$$$ for the Sims 3 and if they're going to release a new one, make it more improve and better quality and cheaper. I know they just want our money "the fans money". Look at this comparison. 5f4191.jpg
  • heartnotsubasaheartnotsubasa Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Watachya wrote:
    I think this thread looks just as negative as all the "haters" or "whining people" you comment about. The disclaimer at the end there didn't really fix the finger-pointing tone of the op.

Anyhow, I do have some thing I really want in the game - I just hope we get it. :? The Sims 4 has so much potential, so I just hope they make it work great this time.

- no more freezing, crashing and error code -insert number here-
    - a smooth and close to bug free game where the patches solve issues instead of introducing major crashes
    - towns filled with life, not with empty nightclubs
    - more well-made content in every expansion
    - CASt for furniture and clothing; just like it is for Sims 3
    - a lot of hair and clothing
    - no more cider; code the game for both Windows and OS X (etc.)

- interactions! I dream of a TS4 where they have many interactions; even for the kids, teens and elders. The trait system should bring more to the sims... I would like them to have more fun interactions related to traits; not just "talk about art" or whatever
    - days filled with more than just trying to fulfill basic needs like hygiene, bladder etc. I love how they made eating more efficient in TS3, but I think they need to take it further... SIms shouldn't spend a lot of time when they make a basic meal... If people want it, sims should spend different amounts of time on different meals... Preparing pasta is more complicated than making bread with ham, so why do sims have to stand there just as long? I want to have time to do whatever my sim wants, not just eating and stuff.

Arh, I don't know... There's so much I want in The Sims 4, but these are the most important aspects for me. I'm really happy with the new CAS, but I'm worried about clothing and customisation. Some of the stuff for build mode looked really promising as well, but I hope they keep the CASt and maybe an advanced mode for the experienced builder.

I can't wait to see the end result, though! :D

And hope it's not "Internet Connection Required to play"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    I was expecting something revolunary in gaming as far as the entire series is 13 years old now.

I suppose I expected too much?

I would have liked to seen a Sim being able to open a window..and the breeze blow the curtains..is that over the top?

I would have liked to seen transional aging. You know, gray starts at the temples as the Sim ages..little (very fine) lines start to form they start to look a little older,...even would have been 'special' if kids over time started to get a little taller,...maybe a little thinner etc. as they grow up.

I guess that was too much? Not be sarcastic..just dreamed big for TS4.

I had expected the map would have 'districts'..and be full of different type Sims...blue collar workers...and factories....other sections, white collar workers...with tall sky scrapers....and cul de secs for the Burb Sim/mini van moms... :wink:..and Urban areas with more run down buildings, trash, alleys, and a more edgy Sim living in those areas..street smarts...

I guess that was too much, too. :cry:

I expected to see a Sim sit on a couch (finally after 13 years) and be able to dial a phone on the end table next to them.

I was expecting to see Sims react to having to live in a very run down home over a very nice expensive home...and tell the player do someting about it..or wallpapers that are worn and ripped affect them and let them know they are't the richest Sim in town...

Some Sims could have been quite happy with 'environments' such as if their personality was all about 'family' and not wealth..but yeah, I was expecting a Sim to know their situation and perhaps fuss about it or be very comfortable about it and just go with the flow..

I was expecting I would say OMG, this is the best game ever...hasn't happened yet...'alive' to me means they are 'alive' and not a binary succession of reactions based upon how I may torment them with certain emotions...

I expected the Sim to have evolved...and be aware of the player (which we had before) and they lived in a Sim world... :wink:

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.