Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Interesting Development. Hmmm...

I just thought I'd share a funny moment with you all.

I recently dl'ed and started playing in Evansdale County (found at MySimsRealty.com) because it combines all EPs, including IP.

Anyway, my couple, Sling Bash (musician) and Cleo Jones (architect) moved into a townhouse across from City Hall. Every day, they would go to work but Sling could never meet his co-workers and Cleo never got any interior decorating jobs.

I let them go out but the only people they met were the paparazzi. I struggled to get them both to level 3 in their careers. Winter came and they wanted to through a feast party. I figured "why not", since they needed to make friends.

I had them call to throw a party but the guest list showed up blank. I thought that was peculiar so I went into town mode to see who was in town. (I have Twallan's Master Controller and SP so I can see map tags of townsfolk.)

The only people in town were NPCs. Hmmm :? Then, like daybreak, it finally dawned on me that this town was completely empty and I had to put sims in the houses.

My sims were living in a NPC-run town. :lol::lol::lol: No wonder they weren't meeting workmates and getting opportunities for jobs.

I went to my studio and dl'ed all my created sims and those that were created for me by others. They filled my town and now I get tickled just reading the stories of sims that I know. :mrgreen: Best of all, my sims have friends and Cleo can work.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2013
    I can't believe you didn't notice this earlier! I am always looking at my town in map view and seeing who is where. Of course this could be because I feel invested because I placed most of the townies and I love to see what they are getting up to from the get-go.

Good luck with your couple - I bet they are relieved to finally have company! ;):D
  • LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    That's odd though, because I used master controller to annihilate everyone in sunset valley before moving my architect in to test things as I remodelled sunset valley, & the game made clients for her.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2013
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I can't believe you didn't notice this earlier! I am always looking at my town in map view and seeing who is where. Of course this could be because I feel invested because I placed most of the townies and I love to see what they are getting up to from the get-go.

Good luck with your couple - I bet they are relieved to finally have company! ;):D

I usually do. This is the first time I've ever played a world that had no one already in it. In the beginning I thought the game would spawn townies so I didn't worry about it.

I still didn't worry when I let my sims go out because there would be bartenders and paps. :D I also had map tags showing on the map. I just didn't realize that it made tags for the NPCs. :lol:

My bf gave me the weirdest look when I told him what was going on. It took my 4 rl days to realize that my town was empty. :roll:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2013
    LucyBorgia wrote:
    That's odd though, because I used master controller to annihilate everyone in sunset valley before moving my architect in to test things as I remodelled sunset valley, & the game made clients for her.

I've always played with either EA worlds or player-created worlds from CAW. This is the first time I've played with a player-created world outside the forum.

All EA worlds and most CAW worlds (at least the ones I dl'ed) had sims living there already. I thought this one did too. :mrgreen: :oops:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • katwoman524katwoman524 Posts: 1,109 New Member
    edited August 2013
    If you have NRaas's Story Progression installed, you can set it up so your game will populate your town using your sim bin. The mod will "breed" two random sims from your sim bin and place the new sim in town. They won't have their parents as the sims in the sim bins, just the genetics.
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ha, ha. Nesa, that's funny! I could totally see that happening to me, too. (I actually have that world dl'd, but I haven't played in it yet.) I tend to make my sims homebodies like me who rarely go "out on the town." In fact, I often make them artists, writers, nectar makers and things that don't require an outside job. I am sure that I could have gone just as long or longer without noticing the absence of other townies! I'm glad your couple is surrounded by their friends now, though. :lol: