Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather/Seasons and Animals/Pets

They have to be in the game. they should also make big city worlds. the sims kinda look like from a barbie video game idk why. their hair is plastic. story progression/simulation needs to work right/better compared to the simulation of TS3. i like the sound of smarter sims and dynamic gameplay. lets see what else they reveal.

Comments

• jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    EA would never put this in the game if they could easily bank off it as an EP. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you...

EDIT: And by "this" I mean Weather, Seasons and Pets
    2dkbxgx.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    But we already have so much new things! The new UI, the new CAS, New EMOTIONS AND SCARY FACES. :lol:

EA loves you :) ... Who am I kidding they love your money and they will get that when they remake the EP's almost everyone wants :mrgreen: 8)
  • sammlynn364sammlynn364 Posts: 82 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree that Pets and Seasons should be in the base game. I think everyone does!

Sadly EA would rather make us wait 3 years and take the money for it later rather than make us all happy now. It's hard to justify paying $50-$70 for the base game when we won't get anything like that in it (which is part of reality, and they say they are trying to make Sims more realistic) and it will just decrease in price in a matter of expansion packs.

The best we can hope for is that expansions which include weather and animals get released next after the base game, though that isn't too likely either.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2013
    I can see weather being in base game but not pets. I say it depends on ones playing style. As an animals lover I do not want to see adventuresome sims go off on adventures all the time and have pets they leave at home and no one thinks about. It would be different if this was a game based solely on home life - but it is not. Even though it is a game - well I sort of get emotional about sims - including their pets and well knowing this game is played by as many 12 year olds as it is by 30-40 - and even older year olds I can already see ton of kids being kids and not very responsible... it is sort of like seeing a kid love a kitten or puppy and instead of asking their parent, just giving the baby to them - that would be a disaster in my book. So I think pets need to be an expansion seeing most kids who get this game has parents that buy them for them and only a parent knows if their child is ready for pets. Beside the game play could not possibly properly handle all one encompasses in a comprehensive specifically made for the sims Pets ep. If anything I am hoping they expand on the pet catagories allowing farm and zoo animals as well as house pets - and that would need an entire ep to properly cover all those things.

I would rather see a real pets ep that had everything to do about pets and other animals with less about the sims - as previous pets eps had as much - if not more in them about the sims than it had about the pets. - Like Pets do not need a new world seeing they are added to our world - so use all that space on an ep to bring in environments - like things to make a wild life or petting zoo. Stuff to bring in horses and things they require and other farm animals. Like having a horse good for riding as well as a horse and some plows, some wagons to pull, maybe even a stage coach. Cows that can be milked and cheese making, butter making, baby cows. Ducks and geese and pond frogs - the stuff we could use to build some nice ponds for them. Stuff like that. But don't put them in the base games - as I know not everyone even likes pets and I would hate to think of those people having the undesired in their game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....