Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My thoughts on what I've seen so far for Sims 4

I've been reading lots of the threads and I've seen a few "OMG I LOVED IT" reactions and a TON of "OMG this is crappy and I hate it and blah blah blah."

So here's my thoughts.

I enjoyed both videos that I saw. The arrival trailer was cute. I liked the way they showed the sims arriving in the middle of real life people. Let's face it ... it's the players, who just happen to be real people, who make the game enjoyable for themselves. Everyone has a different style to their gameplay. No two sims saves are alike. I'm reserving judgement on the actual gameplay until I see more on Thursday during the live broadcast.

I am absolutely in LOVE with the new CAS style. I can finally make my simself properly. We can make sims look anyway we want to. I've seen comments about how the new style could be difficult to work with, and I'm sure that's true for perhaps first time players, or people who aren't very coordinated, but with all things, if you spend enough time learning how it works and playing with it, it will get easier to work with. Practice makes perfect after all! I'm sure there will be a bunch of pre-made sims to work with as well.

I'm interested to see how the new style of personality and emotions will work out. I love that we can choose how our sims will walk. I can't wait to see the videos and stories that will come out once the game is available to everyone. The creative abilities of the Sims community just astounds me. I'm not a very creative person, so I don't create stories and things like that. I rather enjoy the things I come across o read and watch from other people.

I've seen people fussing about the hair and lack of diverse options in the clothes and things like that. What we all need to realize is that this is just the FIRST showing of a few select Sims for the announcement. I'm sure there will be much more to come. We also need to realize that there are hundreds if not thousands of extremely talented custom content creators out there who will give us some amazing CC to play with. So if there isn't anything you absolutely love in the base game just be patient, things get better over time.

I think it's just too soon for anyone to be able to say that they hate the way this base game looks based on what we've seen so far. I've played Sims 1, 2, and 3, and personally I think that Sims 4 is going to be better, and so what if it's a combination of 2 and 3? There were a ton of things missing from 3 that were in 2, and if we get a combination of 2 and 3, well that's just awesome.

Build mode looks like it's going to be easier for people like me who aren't really creative builders to create homes that look amazing.

I'm excited for this new release. I can't wait to see more in the months to come. I like what I have seen so far. I'm sure there will be things that I don't like about the game, for instance the new UI looks a bit confusing but with time I'm sure it will be just as easy to navigate through as Sims 3 is.

All I have to say to all the people who are whining all over the forums about things they have no control over is if you don't like it, don't play it. But I would urge you to wait before you say you hate it and won't buy it or play it until more information, facts, and gameplay has been released. It's true it's been in development for a long time now, but it IS still UNFINISHED, so wait until it's completely done before you whine about what's not there. They could surprise us all and the game could be better than anyone can even imagine. There's also the possibility that it's a total flop. We won't know until it's out.