Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genetics in Sims 3?

I was just wondering if physical attributes were still hereditary in sims 3.

I've had a few babies in the new game and their hair color seems to be random. The parent of one sim had blonde and red hair. Then the child had black hair.

I've seen the mention of genetics with personality but i'm not sure about the rest. Any insight?

Comments

• Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    I was just wondering if physical attributes were still hereditary in sims 3.

I've had a few babies in the new game and their hair color seems to be random. The parent of one sim had blonde and red hair. Then the child had black hair.

I've seen the mention of genetics with personality but i'm not sure about the rest. Any insight?

Ive had two children, one a child and ones a teen right now.

Both look like the parents, so id say genetics are a plus
    259g3le.gif
  • KinaioKinaio Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2009
    same story here kids looked like parents
    what generation is it cause if u had more it probably could have been passed down the tree but tats only a possibility
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    Kinaio wrote:
    same story here kids looked like parents
    what generation is it cause if u had more it probably could have been passed down the tree but tats only a possibility

I had my original sims (the ones i created in CAS) and they had two kids, both look like them.
    259g3le.gif
  • CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    All my Sim babies look freakish...and their genetics seem to be a tad bit on the random side (green eyed father + blue eyed mother = violet eyed baby).